Ideas for a new rep system

patrickcaturday

Feb 25, 2012
Rep System: Opted back in for a while.
I think that it is pretty obvious to anyone that the rep system that we have is open to corruption and abuse !!! To give you some idea of why I sat this let me describe my situation. Over the past two months I have lost approximatly 15,000, rep points at the hands of four people. One poster has neg reped me approximatly 24 times, they have gone so far in their hatred as to go back to some of my posts that were posted before they came on the board to neg rep me, I try to not let it bother me but it is getting old fast. Now this is our board and I think that it is our obligation to come up with some ideas to improve it and offer them to the adminestrators.

The first idea that comes to my mind is that for all noobs no points should be lost for to first year, still allow neg reps and comments so they can learn but don't take the reps.

Please come up with your own Ideas and submit them here.

P.S. If you would like to give me some pos reps to make up for the ones I have lost and am continuing to lose that would be great.

thanks
Patrick

I think that it is pretty obvious to anyone that the rep system that we have is open to corruption and abuse !!! To give you some idea of why I sat this let me describe my situation. Over the past two months I have lost approximatly 15,000, rep points at the hands of four people. One poster has neg reped me approximatly 24 times, they have gone so far in their hatred as to go back to some of my posts that were posted before they came on the board to neg rep me, I try to not let it bother me but it is getting old fast. Now this is our board and I think that it is our obligation to come up with some ideas to improve it and offer them to the adminestrators.

The first idea that comes to my mind is that for all noobs no points should be lost for to first year, still allow neg reps and comments so they can learn but don't take the reps.

P.S. If you would like to give me some pos reps to make up for the ones I have lost and am continuing to lose that would be great.

thanks
Patrick

its called peer review..... if someone disagrees with your post.... live with it and stop whining.

And damn... not only is this a rep whine thread... its a rep whoring one too.

Pull up your big girl panties and get a life.

Last edited:
I say enough of control and system domination or crass....CONFORMITY!!~!!!!!! Stop it. Fuck showing up and going along. The rep system is nothing more than a tool on usmb for institutionalized forumers. Most of the rest of us don't need to compete with each other for our fourmness.

thanks
Patrick

I am pretty sure that a lot of people would vote for me as one of the most obnoxious posters on this forum. Despite this, my reps generally trend up, mostly because I don't whine about neg reps.

thanks
Patrick

I am pretty sure that a lot of people would vote for me as one of the most obnoxious posters on this forum. Despite this, my reps generally trend up, mostly because I don't whine about neg reps.

you misspelled vapid

thanks
Patrick

you misspelled vapid

:badgrin:

• Thanks
Reactions: del

thanks
Patrick

The problem isn't the rep system, it's you.

As proof I submit the following...this is the first of your posts I have ever read, and I was immediately stricken with the overwhelming urge to neg you...

Last edited:
How many times are you going to complain about rep?

If you don't like it, opt out.

Look at your posts and what you say, see if that's the issue. Maybe post in other areas that are non-controversial if you have another interest here. See if that helps.

If someone is being abusive, let the mods know.

Otherwise, just deal with it. Rep is for fun. It shouldn't effect you like this. Ignoring the negs is the best way to handle them IMHO.

You went up from 36 to 46 so maybe it's not so bad huh?

Be more concerned with your content than what people may think about you. Also, a forum is really about fun and discussion, just go and play nice with everyone.

It is my understanding if you reach 15,000 rep power you get the Poster of the Month internet parking space for a whole month...:thup:

thanks
Patrick

its called peer review..... if someone disagrees with your post.... live with it and stop whining.

And damn... not only is this a rep whine thread... its a rep whoring one too.

Pull up your big girl panties and get a life.

Dude has a point though - its always that someone dislikes your post -its when they search through your posts, looking for one they can neg - and it might not even be a bad post. Its sneaky, and sly.

But I don't agree with not allowing noobs to lose rep for the first 12 months - that's way too long. I think perhaps an ability to turn off neg rep could be an option - this would mean that you couldn't receive negs, nor issue them.

But all in all, I am okay with the system the way it is. I get negs because some of my posts deserve one, to be honest. You learn as you go, pretty much.

thanks
Patrick

it is simple. just barter off your integrity and you will get rep points.

keep your posts short and tell the liberals to go to hell.

call muhammad a "pig fucking pedophile and rapist" and trash the U.N. and immigrants...or at least don't argue with those who do.

look, go to the free rep thread and join up with that little social, holier-than-thou clique, keep your nose clean while you are sticking it up people's asses and you are good.

here is their link...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-rubber-room/260062-free-rep.html

there is supposed to be some rule about bartering rep, but peeps look the other way.

but whatever you do, have fun with it and enjoy it. i remember fondly PMs calling me a "cocksucker" and the like from gutless people who didn't dare respond to me on the board. i am still having fun with it. two of my fave neggers, jillian and warrior 102, were having fits because they couldn't neg me and almost begging me to get back in the system so they could neg me...lol.

Forum List

Back