Ideal of masculinity

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
Hector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think, that in the recent Troja movie the actor Eric Bana has given good authenticity to Hector's character, although the movie is not always congruent with the Iliad. But it can not be in 120 minutes.

Hector has all characteristics of manliness, we all should strive for.

I don't know why Hector did not go for the heel, ALWAYS go for the Achilles heel!

Though I have to give him credit for the balls to fight one on one with a God.

I did that with my father and could never bring myself to go for the Achillies heel either.

So I think you are right, I will file Hector in the 'man' file.

Last edited:
Leonardo Da Vinci was probably gay. Still, he is a genius to be admired of.
Probably THE genius of all time.
Leonardo da Vinci's personal life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michaelangelo specialized his arts on the male body.
Maybe he was a gay also and specialized on things of his imagination.
Probably the only 1 of the 3 giants of Italian renaissance who was not gay, was Donatello.

Alexander the Great was also gay.
Selim the Grim killed all his children and relatives except his oldest son. After that he went gay and never touched a woman again, so that his son's reign is not endangered.
The Roman and Ancient Greek Empires were full of homosexuality.

Intercrural sex between master and his boy in Pederasty system of Greece:
Intercrural sex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pederasty in ancient Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like Hector for his characteristics of true manliness:
Country, family and his braveness.

I have no problem with homosexuality but I am having trouble connecting the dots between Leonardo (who was probably freely gay), Micheolangelo (who was probably severely repressed gay) and Hector, who was not gay enough to figure out go for the fucking Achilles heel!

I don't know why Hector did not go for the heel, ALWAYS go for the Achilles heel!

Though I have to give him credit for the balls to fight one on one with a God.

I did that with my father and could never bring myself to go for the Achillies heel either.

So I think you are right, I will file Hector in the 'man' file.

In the Troja movie, Achilles and Patroklos were refrenced as cousins.

In reality, they were a homosexual couple:
Achilles and Patroclus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Achilles was a half-god, and was a gay.
Also he is more of the destructive nature, with all that killing and and the emphasis on being a killing-machine.

Hector only killed when either his country or his family was endangered.

Okay Ekrem, what's the deal .. you confused me and my Buddy Frogen..

Still not connecting all your dots but if you are trying to come out of the closet in a creative way, I will give you ten points.

And a hug my friend.

The Swagger guide to 'masculinity'

1. The most important. Strive to maintain a stable and loving environment for dependents and loved ones.

2. Be faithful to your wife, and make her feel like your queen. But be ready to put your foot down when the need arises. For example: Lady Swagger tried to put a stop to me smoking a joint in the shed after work. I soon, yet firmly, brought her round to my way of thinking.

3. Bite your lip (hard) when your wife casually mentions how much that damn, yet supposedly essential, Autumn coat cost.

4. Be proficient at home improvements, and to a reasonable extent, under the car bonnet.

5. Stay in shape. That was Mrs Swagger's response to my simple request after we married that she never, and I repeat, never, put-on weight or shave her head* without reason.

*Some women do, god knows why.

6. Assume the role of family accountant.

7. Take a firm approach to sons and daughters, but be their sanctuary when the world is against them.

8. A real man always knows where to buy the cheapest petrol/gasoline.

9. Keep the missus interested in the bedroom.

10. The second most important. Any man worth his salt should know how to light a fire without matches. If you can, you'll be a god to small children.

Forum List

Back