Idea!

Moderate

Center Right
Apr 10, 2012
Smallest State
Add the "Who Quoted Me?" mod. Basically whenever someone quotes you it shows up in your user CP. Another forum I go on uses it and it is great. Thoughts?

Add the "Who Quoted Me?" mod. Basically whenever someone quotes you it shows up in your user CP. Another forum I go on uses it and it is great. Thoughts?

What would be the point? Right now, when someone quotes you, the thread shows up on your User CP in your subscribed threads.

Why would you need a second notice?

Any thread you post in shows up in your subscribed threads. The thread would only pop up in your CP if someone quoted you in a thread.

What would be the point? Right now, when someone quotes you, the thread shows up on your User CP in your subscribed threads.

Why would you need a second notice?

A lot of threads eventually end up being pissing contests between two or three people and it gets to the point where using subscribed threads is pointless because all you do is see Immie throwing more shit at TM for the 87th time in the thread.

Notification of when someone quoted you would be a nice feature, IMHO.

Immie

Any thread you post in shows up in your subscribed threads. The thread would only pop up in your CP if someone quoted you in a thread.

With your way, how would you know if someone replied to you without quoting you? That does happen quite often around here.

With your way, how would you know if someone replied to you without quoting you? That does happen quite often around here.

Just curious but are there not various icons that tell you when a thread is hot or old or what have you? Why not one that tells you that you were quoted since the last time you entered the thread?

Immie

Just curious but are there not various icons that tell you when a thread is hot or old or what have you? Why not one that tells you that you were quoted since the last time you entered the thread?

Immie

I'm sure it could be done,but again, why?

Just look at this thread alone. Moderate replied to 2 different posters without quoting them. This thread would not show up on a list or with an icon.

Immie

I'm sure it could be done,but again, why?

Just look at this thread alone. Moderate replied to 2 different posters without quoting them. This thread would not show up on a list or with an icon.

Who said that the subscribed feature would be discontinued? It seems to me that the feature would work as it does now but also add the feature of notifying you if you have been quoted.

If people don't use the quote feature, nothing would change at all. But, when people use the quote feature, it simply would let you know that someone replied to something you said.

Immie

No way.....

"Subscribe threads" is good enough...

Forum List

Back