idea for help for Sandy

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
I don't know if there is anyone out there or if anyone knows anyone who might want to take up this up but I want to throw it out there.

An idea that might help out the the victims of Sandy would be a web site something like craigslist where people could put up items that they had that might help out the people affected. Also people who need stuff could put up a wish list for items others might have. Items could be listed as a reduced price so people who don't have a lot right now could afford them or people could offer to pay shipping so people who need something could pay a little less.

Just an idea. I think it might help if someone took it up.

how about people donating the stuff and then monitary donations taken on the same site to ship the goods

So you want peopole who lost their homes to visit a website with a list of needs? You want those without power or heat to do the same?

It is no wonder lefties can only see the government as an answer to such a disaster. Their ideas on how to be charitable are fucking retarded.

So you want peopole who lost their homes to visit a website with a list of needs? You want those without power or heat to do the same?

It is no wonder lefties can only see the government as an answer to such a disaster. Their ideas on how to be charitable are fucking retarded.

There is such a thing as those liberal things called library.

Ok, that might be out of power also put let's say one person can get to a computer and find someone in MA who wants to upgrade their generator and will give up the old one for something a little less than market value and will have it shipped. Now one person has power that did not before. Other people could come over to their house and use that person's computer to find generators for themselves, ect, ect. The power of one.

Also something like fuel gift cards. Even if power has come back they could still be hard hit. Christmas is coming up and some people are going to be flat out as it is. Do you want to see Christmas cancelled for hundreds of families? :sad:

America helped out West Germany when they needed it with the Berlin Airlift. We can do it again for the people hit by Sandy on the citizen level.

Don't pin some ad hoc appeal to emotion on me, pal. I live in NYC. I spent all of last weekend working with the parks dept. to help clean up. Plus organizing in and out of town marathon runners to deliver needed goods in S.I.

If you want to help and you think your website idea is so fucking great, go build it and organize it. But liek a typical LOLberal, you just want to throw a silly idea at the crowd and see who will go take up the energy to make it happen.

Then when someone points out how fucking stupid the idea is, you try some emotional shaming on them about christmas. If you're worried about folks affected and their ability to have a christmas, do some fucking work to help and quit armchairing the disaster.

LOLberals, such a special breed they are.

Last edited:
Don't pin some ad hoc appeal to emotion on me, pal. I live in NYC. I spent all of last weekend working with the parks dept. to help clean up. Plus organizing in and out of town marathon runners to deliver needed goods in S.I.

If you want to help and you think your website idea is so fucking great, go build it and organize it. But liek a typical LOLberal, you just want to throw a silly idea at the crowd and see who will go take up the energy to make it happen.

Then when someone points out how fucking stupid the idea is, you try some emotional shaming on them about christmas. If you're worried about folks affected and their ability to have a christmas, do some fucking work to help and quit armchairing the disaster.

LOLberals, such a special breed they are.

You take on lot of responsibility upon yourself don't you? I mean that as a complement. I didn't not mean that you were doing anything to inhibit anyone's pleasure. It was a general plea to the weight of the issue.

I would love to do this personally but my situation does not lend itself well to getting this up and running as efficiently as someone in a more conducive development environment. I live a little ways outside Boston and putting together a team would require more overhead that someone downtown who know 3 to 5 people they could pull together with the front end, back end and mobile experience to pull this together in about two weeks. Also if a company such as craigslist or angieslist or even Sun had a little extra capacity to make this happen. I realize that just making a post on USMB is probably nothing significant enough to make anything happen but it is what I have at the moment so I am doing.

Forum List

Back