Idaho Tells Obama: Go To Hell

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
The Idaho governor has just signed a measure requiring the Idaho Attorney General to sue the federal government if it requires its residents to buy health insurance. 37 other states are currently considering similar measures.

The State Rights vs Big Government Obamacare could get ugly folks...

___

Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan
By JOHN MILLER (AP) – 1 hour ago

BOISE, Idaho — Idaho took the lead in a growing, nationwide fight against health care overhaul Wednesday when its governor became the first to sign a measure requiring the state attorney general to sue the federal government if residents are forced to buy health insurance.

Similar legislation is pending in 37 other states.

Constitutional law experts say the movement is mostly symbolic because federal laws supersede those of the states.

But the state measures reflect a growing frustration with President President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.

The Associated Press: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

So Obama may land us in the worst constitutional crisis since the Civil War. Wow. And people thought he would change the tone in Washington. I guess he did.

I hope KY does not do this. If not we should have the money for the best health care system in the nation :beer:

It's nice to see the States standing up for themselves for once.

Unfortunately, i fear this is going to end badly. Oh the states might win the court battles. But i fear that Freedom is going to have to renew itself with the blood of patriots soon or will be lost. And i dislike both those scenarios.

Unfortunately, i fear this is going to end badly. Oh the states might win the court battles. But i fear that Freedom is going to have to renew itself with the blood of patriots soon or will be lost. And i dislike both those scenarios.

Like in Iraq?

Like in Iraq?

I dislike bloodshed. I understand it's necessary at times. But I dislike it and I feel like this will be avoidable if people just use their brains and stop with these insane unconstitutional policies.

Folks, it's starting. States lining up against the federal govt. The cracks and fissures are becoming wider everyday.

It is unprecedented the push-back so many states are now undergoing.

And frankly - long overdue.

Problem is, so many of these states have become so dependent upon federal aid money, they will really have to show true grit to stand their ground.

We shall see...

More on the topic of Idaho saying NO WAY to Obama and the Democrats...

"The ivory tower folks will tell you, 'No, they're not going anywhere,' " he told reporters. "But I'll tell you what, you get 36 states, that's a critical mass. That's a constitutional mass."

Last week, Virginia legislators passed a measure similar to Idaho's new law, but Otter was the first state chief executive to sign such a bill, according to the American Legislative Exchange Council, which created model legislation for Idaho and other states. The Washington, D.C.,-based nonprofit group promotes limited government.

"Congress is planning to force an unconstitutional mandate on the states," said Herrera, the group's health task force director.

Otter already warned U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in December that Idaho was considering litigation. He signed the bill during his first public ceremony of the 2010 Legislature.

"What the Idaho Health Freedom Act says is that the citizens of our state won't be subject to another federal mandate or turn over another part of their life to government control," Otter said.

The Associated Press: Idaho first to sign law aimed at health care plan

:rolleyes: No civil war.

:rolleyes: No civil war.

Then you're delusional.

Forum List

Back