Idaho penalizes small business

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
I would take it to court too:
Idaho bans Ogden-made Five Wives Vodka

snip:
Ogden’s Own distillery started in Ogden several years ago making an herbal liquor called “Underground.” The name was picked as a reference to Ogden’s history of crime and illicit liquor production during Prohibition.

Late last year, Ogden’s Own introduced its own brand of vodka and picked another name with local historical links, polygamy, which was practiced by members of the LDS Church until shortly before Utah was granted statehood.

Five Wives is not the only Utah alcoholic beverage to refer to that marital practice. Polygamy Pale Ale is produced by Rooster’s 25th Street Brewing Company, and Polygamy Porter is made by Wasatch Brewing Company.

Conlin said Idaho allows the sale of Polygamy Porter, and said that surprised him because that beer features naked women on its label.

This is interfering w/ the market!!! :mad:

I would take it to court too:
Idaho bans Ogden-made Five Wives Vodka

snip:
Ogden’s Own distillery started in Ogden several years ago making an herbal liquor called “Underground.” The name was picked as a reference to Ogden’s history of crime and illicit liquor production during Prohibition.

Late last year, Ogden’s Own introduced its own brand of vodka and picked another name with local historical links, polygamy, which was practiced by members of the LDS Church until shortly before Utah was granted statehood.

Five Wives is not the only Utah alcoholic beverage to refer to that marital practice. Polygamy Pale Ale is produced by Rooster’s 25th Street Brewing Company, and Polygamy Porter is made by Wasatch Brewing Company.

Conlin said Idaho allows the sale of Polygamy Porter, and said that surprised him because that beer features naked women on its label.

This is interfering w/ the market!!! :mad:

He said the Idaho liquor list already has 106 different brands of vodka at a wide range of prices, and Five Wives “doesn’t differentiate itself in any significant way at the price point at which it was going to compete.”

But the vodka is not banned, he said.

“More than 500 brands applied last year and 350 were denied,” he said. “Not listing a product is not unusual.”

I am not sure , from the article, exactly what that means, "listing a product". Nor do I see any reason why every brand shouldn't be listed. If its a govt' agency, their only job is to assure public safety and that the product is what it purports to be.

Something seems off.

Forum List

Back