I'd Like To Announce....

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
That I have finally built the ultimate Reuben sandwich.
eat-sandwich.gif

The reason this doesn't belong in the food section is that it's a victory over the unknown and unknowable. I have spent almost an HOUR (maybe two) over my lifetime trying to match the taste of an Arby's reuben and now I've done it.
Ready? Jewish rye bread lightly toasted and buttered. Next, swiss cheese melted in the microwave over a slice of tender corned beef. Then add a small portion of Libby's crispy sauerkraut slathered with Wishbone RUSSIAN (oh oh) dressing. Delicious.

20160613-reuben-sandwich-vicky-wasik-14.jpg

Last edited:
That I have finally built the ultimate Reuben sandwich.
eat-sandwich.gif

The reason this doesn't belong in the food section is that it's a victory over the unknown and unknowable. I have spent almost an HOUR (maybe two) over my lifetime trying to match the taste of an Arby's reuben and now I've done it.
Ready? Jewish rye bread lightly toasted and buttered. Next, swiss cheese melted in the microwave over a slice of tender corned beef. Then add a small portion of Libby's crispy sauerkraut slathered with Wishbone RUSSIAN (oh oh) dressing. Delicious.

20160613-reuben-sandwich-vicky-wasik-14.jpg

Having a homemade Reuben for supper this evening. Yum yum.

It takes the collusion of the Russian dressing with the other ingredients to complete the sammitch. Only a Russian dressing can collude like that.

I LOVE Reuben sandwiches, except the dressing. I had it made for me in a restaurant, and they used mustard, and I love it that way.
When did the Russian dressing start? I don't care for the sweet.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I LOVE Reuben sandwiches, except the dressing. I had it made for me in a restaurant, and they used mustard, and I love it that way.

It blends with the kraut to make a unique third taste....try it!
tongue_smile.gif

It blends with the kraut to make a unique third taste....try it!
tongue_smile.gif

I know. I have. I didn't like it. Maybe I need you to make me one?? :eusa_angel:

Arbys has the best by far
I don't like sauerkraut or corned beef very much but I love Reubens. I'm picky though

Mustard all the way!!

Come on MeBelle poo is poo. /snort

When we make Reuben's, it is mustard...period.

I love Reuben's. Mustard adds too much vinegar. The Russian dressing adds a great contrasting sweetness to the sauerkraut.

That is what I don't like. The sweetness..

I had an Arby's reuben once and couldn't finish it... awful!

I make a reuben to DIE for.

NOTHING touches the microwave. Microwaves destroy the molecular structure.

I use Pumpernickel instead of Rye. Good quality deli corned beef... Boar's Head is good.
Generous amount of swiss... sauerkraut and thousand island.

The way I make them is on a griddle. I butter the bread slices and put on the griddle. Then I add the meat and cheese on one piece of bread. Flip the blank piece of bread over the top then flip the sandwich. Once the bread has toasted, remove from griddle, add kraut and dressing, cut in half... serve with dill slices.

I had an Arby's reuben once and couldn't finish it... awful!

I make a reuben to DIE for.

NOTHING touches the microwave. Microwaves destroy the molecular structure.

I use Pumpernickel instead of Rye. Good quality deli corned beef... Boar's Head is good.
Generous amount of swiss... sauerkraut and thousand island.

The way I make them is on a griddle. I butter the bread slices and put on the griddle. Then I add the meat and cheese on one piece of bread. Flip the blank piece of bread over the top then flip the sandwich. Once the bread has toasted, remove from griddle, add kraut and dressing, cut in half... serve with dill slices.
I use homemade sauerkraut. Easiest thing in the world to make, all you need is cabbage and salt. Seriously...

Forum List

Back