I’d Have to Agree with Blagojevich

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Angola went from 40 murders a year to none for decades when the Warden turned the prison into a Christian seminary and treated good prisoners with respect. The issue is how to reform people.

Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, writing from prison, urges Mitch McConnell to move the criminal justice reform bill.

As readily accessible inside as outside the prison library, these observations aren’t new. What is new comes from the firsthand account that Blagojevich offers. It is his writing about the sad-eyed mothers holding the hands of their sons, his telling of the incarcerated fathers unable to hug their children, his account of an older inmate unable to mourn his wife at her funeral.

“For the past nearly seven years, I have served time with well over a thousand inmates. I have come to know many of them. While almost all of them are in one way or another guilty of the crimes they are here for, and should most certainly be held accountable, I have been surprised by what I’ve learned,” Blagojevich insists. “A large number of these men are not bad men. I believe a lot of them if given another chance can do good.”

And when you remember that the sentencing changes in the law are not retroactive, you realize that the legislation he is pushing isn’t likely to help Blagojevich. He isn’t writing to improve his own conditions.

Jesus Christ..

I thought I was the only one, he got set up..

Yes I have been reading him.

Your opening paragraph has nothing to do with the article.

That said, I agree, we need prison reform. The US incarcerates more people than any other country in the world, because we've made prisons a for-profit industry.

Angola went from 40 murders a year to none for decades when the Warden turned the prison into a Christian seminary and treated good prisoners with respect. The issue is how to reform people.

Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, writing from prison, urges Mitch McConnell to move the criminal justice reform bill.

As readily accessible inside as outside the prison library, these observations aren’t new. What is new comes from the firsthand account that Blagojevich offers. It is his writing about the sad-eyed mothers holding the hands of their sons, his telling of the incarcerated fathers unable to hug their children, his account of an older inmate unable to mourn his wife at her funeral.

“For the past nearly seven years, I have served time with well over a thousand inmates. I have come to know many of them. While almost all of them are in one way or another guilty of the crimes they are here for, and should most certainly be held accountable, I have been surprised by what I’ve learned,” Blagojevich insists. “A large number of these men are not bad men. I believe a lot of them if given another chance can do good.”

And when you remember that the sentencing changes in the law are not retroactive, you realize that the legislation he is pushing isn’t likely to help Blagojevich. He isn’t writing to improve his own conditions.

He is in a minimum security prison. There are two things people get when they are incarcerated: God and mama.

I am just looking forward to the day when Crooked Hillary gets to write about prison reform from the inside. That will be a great day for America.

This will sound strange, but I have put people in prison who I would trust more than some people I have worked with. I do agree that there are many who would be able to cut it in the outside world if they could get the right chance. They would have to change friends and in some cases the locations they live in. Some have great skills. It all about making money by working not pushing dope. The dope pushing is all South Americans using blk folks to do the dirty and high arrest potential. I would be the ones who can read and write well could really be cops or investigations.

....can't they get an education in prison? so when they get out, they can hopefully get a job?--not 25$ an hour, but a job?
...can they be ''reformed''? either they learn their lesson or they don't..?
3. Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny.

4. At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.
11 Facts About the Eric Garner Case the Media Won't Tell You
Court Records Detail Keith Scott's Criminal History
etc etc

....can't they get an education in prison? so when they get out, they can hopefully get a job?--not 25$ an hour, but a job?
3. Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny.

4. At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.
etc etc

Sorry, buddy, the days when cops can kill innocent black men are over... Prosecutors like keeping their jobs.

etc etc

Sorry, buddy, the days when cops can kill innocent black men are over... Prosecutors like keeping their jobs.
innocent---hehehehhahahahhahahahaha
MBrown--cop not guilty
FGray-not guilty
KScot -not guilty
ASterling -not guilty
Anthony Smith--not guilty
Tamir Rice--NG
etc etc etc
I've put out the evidence on this so many times on USMB
there is not a major, chronic problem of cops shooting jackass black criminals--much less ''innocent'' black men

etc etc

EGarner lifelong criminal ---NOT innocent
MBrown--convicted of a felony before stealing, attacking a clerk, then attacking a cop
ASterling criminal
ASMith criminal
KScott criminal
etc etc
wtf are you yakking about?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

innocent---hehehehhahahahhahahahaha
MBrown--cop not guilty
FGray-not guilty
KScot -not guilty
ASterling -not guilty
Anthony Smith--not guilty
Tamir Rice--NG
etc etc etc
I've put out the evidence on this so many times on USMB
there is not a major, chronic problem of cops shooting jackass black criminals--much less ''innocent'' black men

But funny thing happened. The DA's who covered for the cops in Rice and Brown... LOST THEIR JOBS IN THE NEXT ELECTION.

Oh, yeah.... the guy who shot LaQuan McDonald. GOING TO PRISON, BABY!!!!!

It's a new world, buddy. One where we prosecute these guys.

Actually, there IS a huge chronic problem with trigger happy cops shooting and killing innocent civilians of ALL ethnicities...We just don't hear about the cops capping white people because there's no racial narrative for the worms in the media to peddle.

Actually, there IS a huge chronic problem with trigger happy cops shooting and killing innocent civilians of ALL ethnicities...We just don't hear about the cops capping white people because there's no racial narrative for the worms in the media to peddle.
there are over 30 million calls for police assistance --not counting traffic stops
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rpa11.pdf
about what--1000 police shootings per year--most are JUSTIFIED--not innocent civilians
n 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/
you will always have unjustified shootings--humans are not perfect
but there is NOT a major, chronic problem of it

This will sound strange, but I have put people in prison who I would trust more than some people I have worked with. I do agree that there are many who would be able to cut it in the outside world if they could get the right chance. They would have to change friends and in some cases the locations they live in. Some have great skills. It all about making money by working not pushing dope. The dope pushing is all South Americans using blk folks to do the dirty and high arrest potential. I would be the ones who can read and write well could really be cops or investigations.

In what role did you put people in prison? I testified against many who went to prison, but sentencing is left to the judge, with input usually from a probation report.

there are over 30 million calls for police assistance --not counting traffic stops
about what--1000 police shootings per year--most are JUSTIFIED--not innocent civilians
n 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/
De-nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

De-nile isn't just a river in Egypt.
I see you provide many facts/stats/links and I do not

Forum List

Back