ID Card for Workers Is at Center of Immigration Plan

What's going to STOP the illegals from getting a national ID card?

The fingerprinting happens when you go to GET the id cards doesn't it...?
(and wow won't that be fun....all of us getting fingerprinted like we are criminals to be tracked...:evil:)

Illegals sneak into the US and manage to get birth certificates, social security cards, and drivers licenses....what exactly is going to make also getting a national ID card so hard....?

Technological advantages are fleeting. Everything ever invented has been thwarted. The technology always leaks out and is sold under the table.

And besides, it is not for them. It is for us.

I think this idea would create an underground economy larger than the legitimate one.

I also think it will fail as badly as it did when they called it "Real Id".

I agree....there are a lot of people against it...

But if it succeeds...the next step would be a Mexamericanada ID card...
When this issue came up a few years ago...National ID...I read somewhere that Canada and Mexico would have access to our "national" registry. :eusa_eh:

Solve the immigration problem? What a red herring.....ostensibly this legislation would provide employers with the ability to check employees citizenship......but employers ALREADY have a way to check social security numbers...through the E-Verify system....why not just make that mandatory.....instead of requiring every worker in the U.S. to carry a biometric ID card?

Once these ID cards are in place you can bet they will be used for other purposes....such as health care, financial services, housing, etc., etc......it's the evolution of the policy called "internal enforcement"....i.e.....big time Big Brother....

Lawmakers working to craft a new comprehensive immigration bill have settled on a way to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants: a national biometric identification card all American workers would eventually be required to obtain.

Under the potentially controversial plan still taking shape in the Senate, all legal U.S. workers, including citizens and immigrants, would be issued an ID card with embedded information, such as fingerprints, to tie the card to the worker.

Worker ID Card at Center of Immigration Plan - WSJ.com

.....yet you were fine with Bush wiretapping your phones???:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back