ID Card for Workers Is at Center of Immigration Plan

I hope you don't mind giving hundreds of billions of tax dollars to illegal aliens yearly...because that's what you are doing as we speak.

So what's your solution?

An ID card isn't going to solve the problem as has already been pointed out in other posts.

We need to prevent illegals from collecting welfare, medicaid and other hand outs. We also need to put banking controls in place to block transfers of cash outside of the country to see if taxes have been paid. The less lucrative being an illegal becomes, the less illegals there will be.

And, we need to abolish Motor Voter - which is the big reason why illegal immigration is tolerated (actually promoted) by the Dems.

I hope you don't mind giving hundreds of billions of tax dollars to illegal aliens yearly...because that's what you are doing as we speak.

So what's your solution?

An ID card isn't going to solve the problem as has already been pointed out in other posts.

We need to prevent illegals from collecting welfare, medicaid and other hand outs. We also need to put banking controls in place to block transfers of cash outside of the country to see if taxes have been paid. The less lucrative being an illegal becomes, the less illegals there will be.

And, we need to abolish Motor Voter - which is the big reason why illegal immigration is tolerated (actually promoted) by the Dems.

ID theft is the number one crime in many communities across the country. Stolen SSN's would defeat just about any measure you mentioned above. How do you accomplish what you say above....a HUGE police State that investigates everyone and everyone's actions yearly to make sure their ID hasn't been compromised? Investgate every single welfare, unemployment, government benefits or WIC recipient? Now THAT sound's like a big brother nightmare that Dude's spouting about!!!!

Adding another for of ID just give people another type of ID to steal.

I seem to recall that the rightwingnuts all liked this idea when it was tossed around under Bush.

Funny, that. :eusa_eh:

I seem to recall that as well Ravi...since it's proposed by Schumer I guess they have had a change of heart...

Me personally...I was for it under Bush's Administration and I'm still for it. We use the card in the government already and all of the info on it is contained in a chip. My CAC card and my T.W.I.C. card both use biometrics and there is no black helicopter outside my window spying on me. Hell...many of you people already have that chip in your credit cards.

I just don't understand how people can be for something under their own party and against the exact same thing when it's proposed by a member of the opposition party...but then again....:eusa_whistle:
I can't either.

I think it is a bad idea, simply because it punishes the innocent. There is no reason to assume I am guilty and force me to carry papers simply because the Federal government cannot enforce our borders.

A positive means to identify whether someone is a citizen would put an end to illegal immigration. Having a biometric proof of identity (retinal scan, DNA, facial recognition) would prevent fake IDs.

Once you have a way of positively identifying eligible workers....JAIL any employer who hires illegals

It always amazes me how conservatives were branded as racist for years for attempting to end illegal immigration but the minute an ID card came out then you are for it for the same purpose that conservatives were called racist for years. It just shows that the left in this country are a bunch of people who wants nothing but state.

BTW, this is why republicans got kicked out because they attempted the same thing for the REAL ID act.

As you well know....national ID had nothing to do with the Republicans being kicked out

It was their complete ineptness

So what's your solution?

ID theft is the number one crime in many communities across the country. Stolen SSN's would defeat just about any measure you mentioned above. How do you accomplish what you say above....a HUGE police State that investigates everyone and everyone's actions yearly to make sure their ID hasn't been compromised? Investgate every single welfare, unemployment, government benefits or WIC recipient? Now THAT sound's like a big brother nightmare that Dude's spouting about!!!!

Having a positive, foolproof ID would prevent ID theft....You couldn't use your credit card without it. People have ID right now...it just isn't very good

Bullshit it will.

There'll be fake cards out in circulation before the real ones are even issued.

And don't give me that naive Pollyanna crap about sun setting the program....That NEVER happens.

Why don't you just get your Slave Surveillance number tattooed on your forehead and be done with it?

Wrong. You can't fake fingerprints.

Not true.

Mythbusters did just that to beat the fingerprint scanner on security doors some time ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4Xx5Noxyo]YouTube - MythBusters beat fingerprint security system[/ame]

What's going to STOP the illegals from getting a national ID card?

The fingerprinting happens when you go to GET the id cards doesn't it...?
(and wow won't that be fun....all of us getting fingerprinted like we are criminals to be tracked...:evil:)

Illegals sneak into the US and manage to get birth certificates, social security cards, and drivers licenses....what exactly is going to make also getting a national ID card so hard....?

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;2083962 said:
Bullshit it will.

There'll be fake cards out in circulation before the real ones are even issued.

And don't give me that naive Pollyanna crap about sun setting the program....That NEVER happens.

Why don't you just get your Slave Surveillance number tattooed on your forehead and be done with it?

Wrong. You can't fake fingerprints.

Not true.

Mythbusters did just that to beat the fingerprint scanner on security doors some time ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4Xx5Noxyo]YouTube - MythBusters beat fingerprint security system[/ame]

I too posted two different links that tell you in detail how to fake fingerprints.

There are too many ways a system like this can be abused by our so-called leaders, as well as criminals.
Those that will be abused are always the ones who attempt to follow the rules.
Real Id by another name is still Real Id.

Who really gives a damn about faking fingerprints.....the illegals will just use their own...

I think this idea would create an underground economy larger than the legitimate one.

I also think it will fail as badly as it did when they called it "Real Id".

I agree....there are a lot of people against it...

But if it succeeds...the next step would be a Mexamericanada ID card...

Last edited:
I think this idea would create an underground economy larger than the legitimate one.

You should copyright the name.

Solve the immigration problem? What a red herring.....ostensibly this legislation would provide employers with the ability to check employees citizenship......but employers ALREADY have a way to check social security numbers...through the E-Verify system....why not just make that mandatory.....instead of requiring every worker in the U.S. to carry a biometric ID card?

Once these ID cards are in place you can bet they will be used for other purposes....such as health care, financial services, housing, etc., etc......it's the evolution of the policy called "internal enforcement"....i.e.....big time Big Brother....

Lawmakers working to craft a new comprehensive immigration bill have settled on a way to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants: a national biometric identification card all American workers would eventually be required to obtain.

Under the potentially controversial plan still taking shape in the Senate, all legal U.S. workers, including citizens and immigrants, would be issued an ID card with embedded information, such as fingerprints, to tie the card to the worker.

Worker ID Card at Center of Immigration Plan - WSJ.com

In *totes* agreement, as usual, Screaming Eagle. :clap2:

You should copyright the name.

No....it's been around for years.....

Mexamericanada - Wikiality, the Truthiness Encyclopedia

Forum List

Back