Icon of the Left: George Soros

I care about millions of people - across the world - whose lives were destroyed by the actions of one man. I guess we have different priorities.
:rolleyes:

Lying is a sin. I hope they have a Catholic church in your area.

So start a thread on it. This one is about Soros. Try to focus, there's a good girl.

So, what is your opinion of the way Soros made his fortune?
At this point the hypocrisy is loud and clear.

But, never stop pointing out facts to the hypocrites. As you see, it makes them seriously uncomfortable.

:rolleyes:

Lying is a sin. I hope they have a Catholic church in your area.

So start a thread on it. This one is about Soros. Try to focus, there's a good girl.

So, what is your opinion of the way Soros made his fortune?
At this point the hypocrisy is loud and clear.

But, never stop pointing out facts to the hypocrites. As you see, it makes them seriously uncomfortable.

Regrettably, I have to agree. I would have thought at least one liberal would condemn him for his behavior.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the point of the thread...none.
Why waste time making a post that waste the amount of energy necessary to store the 3-4kb of space it take up.

She made the claim that the left has no problem with people like Soros but the right does. Please keep up.

I made that claim based on the reaction of posters such as yourself who ignore the destruction of millions of lives and whine about 'hypocrisy' and make half assed comments with absolutely no substance.

Ever accusation I made in the OP about Soros is fact. But you say nothing about those. Why is that? What's to be afraid of?

It's hard to believe when you site conservative and birther websites.

And you and Si have made the claim he is supporting the OWS, and I am still waiting proof on that one. So forgive me if I do not use you as a source to judge someone.
I am not going to speak out against Soros because I dont know much about him, and the only people providing info on him at this point is right wingers.

Cali - you should have known better.
On this forum if you get more than two posts after the OP and no one has come in ruining the thread yet...internet connection must be down over 3/4 of the world.

Maybe should have put this thread in the Economy section and used his economic Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde practice. The Economy section is about the only place on this entire forum you can have two threads together that does not contain mundane rhetorical rock throwing.

I did put it in 'economy' because it is about his deliberate destruction of economies for his own financial greed.

At the risk of repeating myself.... Soros is on the record of saying, in reference to the current global financial crisis.... "It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work"

WHoops - so you did...:redface:

At any rate.
Of course Soros is an icon to the left.
Just like Rush is an icon for the right - but that doesn't mean every single conservative thinks highly of him - they don't. And not all lefters think highly of Soros.
So having said this...why not someone from the left comment on the fact that inarguably Soros is well received by the far left - even though his entire life has been spent doing exactly the opposite of leftist practices.

She made the claim that the left has no problem with people like Soros but the right does. Please keep up.

I made that claim based on the reaction of posters such as yourself who ignore the destruction of millions of lives and whine about 'hypocrisy' and make half assed comments with absolutely no substance.

Ever accusation I made in the OP about Soros is fact. But you say nothing about those. Why is that? What's to be afraid of?

And you and Si have made the claim he is supporting the OWS, and I am still waiting proof on that one. So forgive me if I do not use you as a source to judge someone.
I am not going to speak out against Soros because I dont know much about him, and the only people providing info on him at this point is right wingers.

The MSM and Liberal media ignore it.

You can find other sources about his exploits. I just used the first ones I could find... all this 'news' is not news to me. It is factually accurate. You just won't find the liberal or mainstream media covering it. Why? Because most of them agree with Soros. Funny how that works.... the media not badmouthing people who:

a. they agree with
b. can destroy them in a heartbeat.

You do need to use your brain with this stuff, Luissa, which may be above your intellectual paygrade.

Cali - you should have known better.
On this forum if you get more than two posts after the OP and no one has come in ruining the thread yet...internet connection must be down over 3/4 of the world.

Maybe should have put this thread in the Economy section and used his economic Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde practice. The Economy section is about the only place on this entire forum you can have two threads together that does not contain mundane rhetorical rock throwing.

I did put it in 'economy' because it is about his deliberate destruction of economies for his own financial greed.

At the risk of repeating myself.... Soros is on the record of saying, in reference to the current global financial crisis.... "It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work"

WHoops - so you did...:redface:

At any rate.
Of course Soros is an icon to the left.
Just like Rush is an icon for the right - but that doesn't mean every single conservative thinks highly of him - they don't. And not all lefters think highly of Soros.
So having said this...why not someone from the left comment on the fact that inarguably Soros is well received by the far left - even though his entire life has been spent doing exactly the opposite of leftist practices.

It was my hope. I had hoped that, instead of denying it, they'd research it and, upon discovering that it is true, perhaps they would condemn him. I guess not.

Yawn; Following the Alinsky model, you can't refute the facts, so you attack the source.

{the original call to “Occupy Wall Street” came from the magazine AdBusters, an “anti-consumerist” publication financed by, among other sources, the Soros-funded Tides Foundation.

Other Soros-backed outfits promoting big government — some with myriad ties to the Obama administration — are also publicly driving the occupation campaign. MoveOn.org, for instance, has received millions of dollars from the billionaire banker. And now, the group is urging its supporters to join the Occupy Wall Street movement as well.

“Over the last two weeks, an amazing wave of protest against Wall Street and the big banks has erupted across the country,” MoveOn said in a recent e-mail to supporters, praising the “brave” demonstrators. “On Wednesday, MoveOn members will join labor and community groups in New York City for a huge march down to the protest site — the biggest yet.”

On top of supplying activists to join the demonstrations, MoveOn is also staging what it calls a “massive ‘Virtual March on Wall Street’ online.” The Internet-based demonstrations are a collaborative effort with another radical and well-connected outfit tied to Soros called Rebuild the Dream.

Led by self-described communist and former Obama administration czar Van Jones, the “Dream” movement is a partnership between a host of Soros-financed “progressive” groups. Big Labor and even Planned Parenthood — the largest abortion provider in America, which receives hundreds of millions of tax dollars each year — are partners, too.}

Big Soros Money Linked to

You can find other sources about his exploits. I just used the first ones I could find... all this 'news' is not news to me. It is factually accurate. You just won't find the liberal or mainstream media covering it. Why? Because most of them agree with Soros. Funny how that works.... the media not badmouthing people who:

a. they agree with

You do need to use your brain with this stuff, Luissa, which may be above your intellectual paygrade.
Good thing I don't pay a lot of attention to mainstream media. That fact might be above your intellectual paygrade. And when I have time I will do my research on Soros, but until then I will not comment on what he has done by using your sources.

LK was right, this is the **** thread. :lol:

Yawn; Following the Alinsky model, you can't refute the facts, so you attack the source.

{the original call to “Occupy Wall Street” came from the magazine AdBusters, an “anti-consumerist” publication financed by, among other sources, the Soros-funded Tides Foundation.

Other Soros-backed outfits promoting big government — some with myriad ties to the Obama administration — are also publicly driving the occupation campaign. MoveOn.org, for instance, has received millions of dollars from the billionaire banker. And now, the group is urging its supporters to join the Occupy Wall Street movement as well.

“Over the last two weeks, an amazing wave of protest against Wall Street and the big banks has erupted across the country,” MoveOn said in a recent e-mail to supporters, praising the “brave” demonstrators. “On Wednesday, MoveOn members will join labor and community groups in New York City for a huge march down to the protest site — the biggest yet.”

On top of supplying activists to join the demonstrations, MoveOn is also staging what it calls a “massive ‘Virtual March on Wall Street’ online.” The Internet-based demonstrations are a collaborative effort with another radical and well-connected outfit tied to Soros called Rebuild the Dream.

Led by self-described communist and former Obama administration czar Van Jones, the “Dream” movement is a partnership between a host of Soros-financed “progressive” groups. Big Labor and even Planned Parenthood — the largest abortion provider in America, which receives hundreds of millions of tax dollars each year — are partners, too.}

The Tide Foundation has donated 170,000 to Adbusters over 10+ years, Adbusters is not the same group as OWS. Soros has donated to the Tide Foundation, which is still not proof he is funding OWS. Please try harder.

a. they agree with

Good thing I don't pay a lot of attention to mainstream media. That fact might be above your intellectual paygrade. And when I have time I will do my research on Soros, but until then I will not comment on what he has done by using your sources.

LK was right, this is the **** thread. :lol:

No, you won't. You're not interested in Soros at at all. You - and your moronic buttbuddy don't give a shit about honest discussion about anything other than your dumbass bitching about me.

Pathetic critter.

It was my hope. I had hoped that, instead of denying it, they'd research it and, upon discovering that it is true, perhaps they would condemn him. I guess not.

You made the mistake of thinking the left has some sort of principles. They don't, they have an agenda, nothing more.

My biggest problem in this thread, is the your and everyone else's hypocrisy. Our agenda? Like the right doesn't have one.:lol:

You made the mistake of thinking the left has some sort of principles. They don't, they have an agenda, nothing more.

You're right. They don't. I have just proved that. Liberals however, they have standards. It's a pity that there seems to be so few of them around these days.

The only ones I see even mention George Soros is the right wing fear mongers. He is the new Boogie Man for right wingers

Can anyone point to a single thread about Soros that was started by someone on the left?

Just for the heck of it, I decided to check out one of her other claims (besides the one where she claimed he did something wrong as a teen under the Nazis).

Check this out. The quote she gave us is *shocker* out of context.

"It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work"
On the other hand, I am tremendously involved in policy issues and that is where I am focusing.

What sort of policy?
The financial crisis, and how to solve it. It was not something that I was particularly concerned with prior to the rise of the crisis and I am also involved in the activities of the (Soros) Foundation.

But for the past 18 months you have been keeping an eye on the markets?
Yeah but I have also been writing a lot more than I was writing before because the crisis really stimulated me. I wrote a series of articles in the course of the year, I wrote a book, I published a book and I’m just about to publish a sequel to last year’s book, bringing it up to date, I am just working on it now.

So do you have a sense that things are coming together for you now?
It is in a way a culminating point of my life’s work, so to speak.

Everything is coming together.
Yeah, the American election, the financial crisis, the theory of reflexivity. So it is actually a very stimulating period.

Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

The culmination of his life's work is solving the financial crises and writing his book! :rofl:

This is why I didn't bother to read past the Nazi bullshit in the OP. Open up with a lie and the rest of the post is bound to be a lie.

:thup:

The Tide Foundation has donated 170,000 to Adbusters over 10+ years, Adbusters is not the same group as OWS. Soros has donated to the Tide Foundation, which is still not proof he is funding OWS. Please try harder.

:lol:

Do less drugs.

Just for the heck of it, I decided to check out one of her other claims (besides the one where she claimed he did something wrong as a teen under the Nazis).

Check this out. The quote she gave us is *shocker* out of context.

"It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work"
On the other hand, I am tremendously involved in policy issues and that is where I am focusing.

What sort of policy?
The financial crisis, and how to solve it. It was not something that I was particularly concerned with prior to the rise of the crisis and I am also involved in the activities of the (Soros) Foundation.

But for the past 18 months you have been keeping an eye on the markets?
Yeah but I have also been writing a lot more than I was writing before because the crisis really stimulated me. I wrote a series of articles in the course of the year, I wrote a book, I published a book and I’m just about to publish a sequel to last year’s book, bringing it up to date, I am just working on it now.

So do you have a sense that things are coming together for you now?
It is in a way a culminating point of my life’s work, so to speak.

Everything is coming together.
Yeah, the American election, the financial crisis, the theory of reflexivity. So it is actually a very stimulating period.

Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

The culmination of his life's work is solving the financial crises and writing his book! :rofl:

This is why I didn't bother to read past the Nazi bullshit in the OP. Open up with a lie and the rest of the post is bound to be a lie.

:thup:

You need to spend a little more time researching and not jump on one piece. I've spent years studying Mr Soros.

Try a little harder Ravi.... it'll take some time because a lot of the really good shit about Soros is not readily available with 'google' as your method of 'research'.

He worked closely with the real, live Third Reich Nazis when he was younger

Thanks Frank. Now the left can - yet again - bitch about you raising the Nazi shit and completely fucking ignore the really significant issues I've raised.

Thanks very fucking much. I could mistake you for a liberal with your ability to ignore the important stuff in order to bitch. Fuck off.

Nazi shit? Are you out of your fucking mind? He actively worked with Nazis, it's not some fantasy, not some fiction.

You think he was some nice guy that suddenly got involved in finance and fanaticism?

Just like the Pope Ratzinger. In fact..the Pope was in the Nazi Military.

:clap2:

My biggest problem in this thread, is the your and everyone else's hypocrisy. Our agenda? Like the right doesn't have one.:lol:

Of course I have an agenda, the return to constitutional governance. How is that hypocritical?

Most of you on the left deny that you seek an authoritarian system with a centrally planned economy and government deciding the winners and losers.

I'm open about what I support and what my goals are; the left isn't.

Forum List

Back