Icon of the Left: George Soros

What exactly do you think he should have felt remorse over?

According to the left? Being filthy rich. (sarcasm)

What do you know about this mans life Ravi?

He was interviewed on CBS 60 minutes? What?; you did not watch? Shame on you :razz:
:eusa_eh: You claim he should feel remorse for what he did under the Nazis.

I'd like to know what you think he did that he should feel remorse over.

he survived and may not suffer from kz syndrome.

that's horrible.

I made that claim based on the reaction of posters such as yourself who ignore the destruction of millions of lives and whine about 'hypocrisy' and make half assed comments with absolutely no substance.

Ever accusation I made in the OP about Soros is fact. But you say nothing about those. Why is that? What's to be afraid of?

It's hard to believe when you site conservative and birther websites.

And you and Si have made the claim he is supporting the OWS, and I am still waiting proof on that one. So forgive me if I do not use you as a source to judge someone.
I am not going to speak out against Soros because I dont know much about him, and the only people providing info on him at this point is right wingers.
Just for the heck of it, I decided to check out one of her other claims (besides the one where she claimed he did something wrong as a teen under the Nazis).

Check this out. The quote she gave us is *shocker* out of context.

"It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work"
On the other hand, I am tremendously involved in policy issues and that is where I am focusing.

What sort of policy?
The financial crisis, and how to solve it. It was not something that I was particularly concerned with prior to the rise of the crisis and I am also involved in the activities of the (Soros) Foundation.

But for the past 18 months you have been keeping an eye on the markets?
Yeah but I have also been writing a lot more than I was writing before because the crisis really stimulated me. I wrote a series of articles in the course of the year, I wrote a book, I published a book and I’m just about to publish a sequel to last year’s book, bringing it up to date, I am just working on it now.

So do you have a sense that things are coming together for you now?
It is in a way a culminating point of my life’s work, so to speak.

Everything is coming together.
Yeah, the American election, the financial crisis, the theory of reflexivity. So it is actually a very stimulating period.

Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

The culmination of his life's work is solving the financial crises and writing his book! :rofl:

This is why I didn't bother to read past the Nazi bullshit in the OP. Open up with a lie and the rest of the post is bound to be a lie.

:thup:

Yep, she took that quote out of context in the OP and then highlighted it again in a post that now seems to be missing... At any rate, much of the OP is a blatant misrepresentation of what she repeatedly claims are facts. Ironically most of the FACTS characterizing him as evil are from articles and opinions. I still have not seen any substantive facts to justify demonizing this man as evil, vile, dangerous, etc...

As a side note, I challenge anyone to find ONE substantive fact posted by Si Modo in this thread where s/he is SO sure he is personally responsible for ruining peoples lives.

George Soros

It's hard to believe when you site conservative and birther websites.

And you and Si have made the claim he is supporting the OWS, and I am still waiting proof on that one. So forgive me if I do not use you as a source to judge someone.
I am not going to speak out against Soros because I dont know much about him, and the only people providing info on him at this point is right wingers.
Just for the heck of it, I decided to check out one of her other claims (besides the one where she claimed he did something wrong as a teen under the Nazis).

On the other hand, I am tremendously involved in policy issues and that is where I am focusing.

What sort of policy?
The financial crisis, and how to solve it. It was not something that I was particularly concerned with prior to the rise of the crisis and I am also involved in the activities of the (Soros) Foundation.

But for the past 18 months you have been keeping an eye on the markets?
Yeah but I have also been writing a lot more than I was writing before because the crisis really stimulated me. I wrote a series of articles in the course of the year, I wrote a book, I published a book and I’m just about to publish a sequel to last year’s book, bringing it up to date, I am just working on it now.

So do you have a sense that things are coming together for you now?
It is in a way a culminating point of my life’s work, so to speak.

Everything is coming together.
Yeah, the American election, the financial crisis, the theory of reflexivity. So it is actually a very stimulating period.

The culmination of his life's work is solving the financial crises and writing his book! :rofl:

This is why I didn't bother to read past the Nazi bullshit in the OP. Open up with a lie and the rest of the post is bound to be a lie.

Yep, she took that quote out of context in the OP and then highlighted it again in a post that now seems to be missing... At any rate, much of the OP is a blatant misrepresentation of what she repeatedly claims are facts. Ironically most of the FACTS characterizing him as evil are from articles and opinions. I still have not seen any substantive facts to justify demonizing this man as evil, vile, dangerous, etc...

As a side note, I challenge anyone to find ONE substantive fact posted by Si Modo in this thread where s/he is SO sure he is personally responsible for ruining peoples lives.

George Soros
In all fairness, they probably got their "facts" from watching Glenn Beck. It's pretty amazing how otherwise intelligent people are taken in by his garbage.

George Soros
In all fairness, they probably got their "facts" from watching Glenn Beck. It's pretty amazing how otherwise intelligent people are taken in by his garbage.
I don't watch Glen Beck. I think I tried to once and he started crying or something. My cringe threshold was reached and I turned it off.

See, that's where the disconnect happens for me. I figure if they believe Limbaugh, Coulter and Beck, they can't possibly be intelligent. And I don't know how to believe any differently, because it's logical and I don't know how to drop logic on any given front.

Last edited:

See, that's where the disconnect happens for me. I figure if they believe Limbaugh, Coulter and Beck, they can't possibly be intelligent. And I don't know how to believe any differently, because it's logical and I don't know how to drop logic on any given front.

That sounds so ignorant. "I figure if they believe huffington, obama, and pelosi they can't possibly be intelligent. I don't know how to believe differently because its logical." <----does that sound like an fair and honest statement to you? If it doesn't than you need to re-examine your views for hypocricy, if it does well....then.....we will just have to dissagree.

BTW your grammer is a bit off...just saying if your going to call people stupid make sure your post is written correctly ;).

I love the irony.

Moron.

Anyone claiming that Ann Coulter is stupid is clearly a cretin.

I guarantee that you don't know one in five words she uses in her columns.

Olbermann is a Machiavellian fiend, but no one calls him stupid. When you call those who are clearly your intellectual superiors stupid, as you do with Coulter, you only reveal your own lack of intellect.

Here is something more in context in relation to Soros. Do I think He Collaborated? No. He was 14, traumatized and trying to survive with false papers in occupied territory.

The Guilt-Free Record of George Soros

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - Judy Dinerstein
George Soros

?I am basically there to--to make money. I cannot and do not look at the social consequences of--of what I do.? George Soros, commenting on being blamed for the financial collapse of Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan and Russia. ?He can move world financial markets simply by voicing an opinion or destabilize a government by buying and selling its currency? [W]hen he saw cracks in the Asia boom, he began selling the currency in Thailand. Traders in Hong Kong followed suit, triggering a financial crisis that plunged much of Asia into a depression. (?George Soros,? 60 Minutes interview transcript, December 20, 1998)

?I don't feel guilty. Because I'm engaged in an amoral activity which is not meant to have anything to do with guilt.? George Soros, commenting on his actions in the currency markets. (?George Soros,? 60 Minutes interview transcript, December 20, 1998)
?But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was--well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets--that if I weren't there--of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would? be taking it away anyhow... whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the--I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.? George Soros, explaining his role in confiscating property from Jews in Nazi-occupied Budapest. (?George Soros,? 60 Minutes interview transcript, December 20, 1998)

Extended quotation from the 60 Minutes transcript follows: ?When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)

KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.

(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew...

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...who escaped the Holocaust...

(Vintage footage of women walking by train)

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

(Vintage footage of people getting on train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...by--by posing as a Christian.

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.

(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)

KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and--and anticipate events and when--when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a--a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's--that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not--not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't--you don't see the connection. But it was--it created no--no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

Soros Monitor

The Bullshit you lay around in relation to Rush, Glen, and Ann, do not help your credibility.

Forum List

Back