Icon of the Left: George Soros

Oct 8, 2009
One of my main issues with the Democrats these days is their acceptance, or even adoration, of George Soros. What party in their right mind would accept support from someone who said:

“The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.”—George Soros

Now, other than the above, there are a plethora of real solid reasons why I despise Soros, and that's without having to resort to his behavior as a 14 year old in Nazi Occupied Hungary. Let's just put into the mix that Soros himself said (in an interview with Joshua Muravchik that appeared in the Wall St Journal) that he “carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise they might get me in trouble.” I don't know about you.... but I have some serious issues with someone who has admitted "messianic fantasies"!

So, how did this multi-billionaire and self proclaimed philanthropist make his money? Wall Street. ( :eek: ) Yep, he was one of those evil hedge funders, and currency speculators. As a currency speculator, back in 1992, he became known in England as the 'man who broke the Bank of England'. So what? Big deal, right? He shorted the British pound by leveraging billions of pounds of financial bets. But.... he didn't just 'break' the Bank of England. He broke the British economy, and with it, the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of ordinary hard working Britons, who lost their homes, their jobs, their pensions and their life savings. Why? Because he could. Because making money was more important than ordinary, hard working people - albeit they were not Americans.

In 1994, he did likewise in Russia. In fact, in one article, Soros referred to the former Soviet Empire as the 'new Soros Empire'. The "Russia-Gate Scandal" of 1999 was called one of the "greatest social robberies of all time" (by Rep. Jim Leach who, at the time was the head of the House Banking Committee). But... on the bright side, it was Russia, not America.

1997.... well, that was the turn of both Thailand and Malaysia.... where, again for profit, Soros almost destroyed both nations' economies. The then Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad, called Soros “a villain, and a moron.” In Thailand, he was called "a kind of Dracula. He sucks the blood from the people." by activist Weng Tojirakarn. In both countries, ordinary hardworking people lost their life savings, pensions and futures.... for what? Because Soros wanted yet more money. And, of course, no Americans got hurt.

Other countries that have paid the price of Soros' adventures are the former Yugoslavia, Georgia and Myanmar (Burma). Again, no Americans were hurt in the making of this obscene profit.

He stands convicted (despite his best efforts to placate the situation) by the French of felony insider trading. A $2.9m fine from the French for that one. YAY France!

He also stands convicted in his nominal 'home' country of Hungary for illegal market manipulation. $2.2m fine for that one. What did he do to be punished with that fine? As the Hungarian economy transitioned into a solid democracy, Soros deliberately destabilized their banking system, destroying their economy, and the lives of hundreds of thousands of ordinary, hard working Hungarians. No Americans though.... Seeing a pattern here?

Why would the left wing trust someone who has done so much damage to so many people around the world? Do they think he won't do it here? He's already on record as saying “America, as the centre of the globalised financial markets, was sucking up the savings of the world. This is now over. The game is out,” And saying that the time has come for a “a very serious adjustment” in our culture.

Oh, and here's another really interesting remark by Mr Soros.... from The Australian magazine .... according to Soros, the world financial crisis was”stimulating” and “in a way, the culmination of my life’s work.”

How the hell do the left justify their support for this man?

Wanna scream about 'sources'?

Soros: Republic Enemy #1

George Soros loses appeal over SocGen insider trading conviction - Telegraph

July 24, 1997
The Singapore dollar starts a gradual decline.
Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad accuses "rogue speculators" for Southeast Asia's economic upheaval. He later singles out billionaire financier George Soros.

Timeline Of The Crash | The Crash | FRONTLINE | PBS

Soros: Crisis Is Culmination Of Life

This is your darling, my liberal buddies, you think the Koch boys are bad? Yea, they are not the most ethical people walking the planet.... but they are fucking amateurs compared to your own boy, Soros.

Last edited:
  • Banned
He worked closely with the real, live Third Reich Nazis when he was younger

Thanks Frank. Now the left can - yet again - bitch about you raising the Nazi shit and completely fucking ignore the really significant issues I've raised.

Thanks very fucking much. I could mistake you for a liberal with your ability to ignore the important stuff in order to bitch. Fuck off.

He thinks China's government functions better than the U.S. Government. Perhaps he and his followers (Liberals) should move to China.

Thanks Frank. Now the left can - yet again - bitch about you raising the Nazi shit and completely fucking ignore the really significant issues I've raised.

Thanks very fucking much. I could mistake you for a liberal with your ability to ignore the important stuff in order to bitch. Fuck off.

Nazi shit? Are you out of your fucking mind? He actively worked with Nazis, it's not some fantasy, not some fiction.

You think he was some nice guy that suddenly got involved in finance and fanaticism?

• Banned

Nazi shit? Are you out of your fucking mind? He actively worked with Nazis, it's not some fantasy, not some fiction.

You think he was some nice guy that suddenly got involved in finance and fanaticism?

I know exactly who he is, Frank. I was just hoping for a slightly more rational discussion about him generally rather than constant bitching about what he did as a teenager. I personally am disgusted by that period of his life, particularly since he is on record as having 'no regrets' about it. The man is amoral. But I had hoped that we could actually look further than that. You are obsessed with one single period of his life. I am not. I am interested in why the left deem him acceptable, despite the overwhelming evidence that he is an amoral, evil, self interested, megalomaniac.

Th point of the OP is to focus at what he has done as an adult. Regardless of whether one views what he did as a kid as bad or good or necessity.

Let's try to focus on what the creator of the thread wants to focus on. There is plenty there. Plenty.

• Banned

Th point of the OP is to focus at what he has done as an adult. Regardless of whether one views what he did as a kid as bad or good or necessity.

Let's try to focus on what the creator of the thread wants to focus on. There is plenty there. Plenty.

Yep. You got it. His actions as a teenager are one thing (not by any means to be glossed over but certainly there is room to 'excuse' it... he was a child).... it is that that despicable behavior was a forerunner to a very dangerous man. I would prefer we look at the adult rather than the child.

Hell, I even provided some 'sources' for people to look some shit up. Although, it is interesting how quiet the media are generally about this particular individual. Which leads me to wonder why that is..... hmmm.

Yep. You got it. His actions as a teenager are one thing (not by any means to be glossed over but certainly there is room to 'excuse' it... he was a child).... it is that that despicable behavior was a forerunner to a very dangerous man. I would prefer we look at the adult rather than the child.

Hell, I even provided some 'sources' for people to look some shit up. Although, it is interesting how quiet the media are generally about this particular individual. Which leads me to wonder why that is..... hmmm.
:lol:

I doubt thinking persons wonder too much about that, though. ;)

:lol:

I doubt thinking persons wonder too much about that, though. ;)

The mindless borg of the left will think it's because there is nothing to hide. The smart ones know different.

You raised it first.

He didn't collaborate with the Nazis.

From wikipedia:

The Jewish Council asked the little kids to hand out the deportation notices. I was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper...It said report to the rabbi seminary at 9 am...And I was given this list of names. I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."[15]

Later that year, at age 14, Soros lived with and posed as the godson of an employee of the Hungarian Ministry of Agriculture. On one occasion, the official was ordered to inventory the remaining contents of the estate of a wealthy Jewish family that had fled the country.[16] Rather than leave the young Soros alone in the city, the official brought him along

It's really sickening to see the right attack him for this.

You raised it first.

From wikipedia:

The Jewish Council asked the little kids to hand out the deportation notices. I was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper...It said report to the rabbi seminary at 9 am...And I was given this list of names. I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."[15]

Later that year, at age 14, Soros lived with and posed as the godson of an employee of the Hungarian Ministry of Agriculture. On one occasion, the official was ordered to inventory the remaining contents of the estate of a wealthy Jewish family that had fled the country.[16] Rather than leave the young Soros alone in the city, the official brought him along

I didn't accuse him of 'collaborating', Ravi. In fact, despite my personal view of his teenage years (based more on his statements since than that actual period), I only referenced it in passing.

My issues with Soros are nothing to do with the actions of a 14 year old. They are, as I documented, his wanton destruction of whole countries.... for money.

He's corporate elite.
A capitalist.
Incredibly wealthy.

Precisely the type of person Liberal's loathe - yet they adore him.

Wonder why that is?

You raised it first.

From wikipedia:

I didn't accuse him of 'collaborating', Ravi. In fact, despite my personal view of his teenage years (based more on his statements since than that actual period), I only referenced it in passing.

My issues with Soros are nothing to do with the actions of a 14 year old. They are, as I documented, his wanton destruction of whole countries.... for money.
Then you shouldn't have even mentioned it. And you shouldn't have gone on further to say:

His actions as a teenager are one thing (not by any means to be glossed over but certainly there is room to 'excuse' it... he was a child).... it is that that despicable behavior was a forerunner to a very dangerous man

There was no despicable behavior.

You are being cruel to Jewish people everywhere.

Shameful.

He's corporate elite.
A capitalist.
Incredibly wealthy.

Precisely the type of person Liberal's loathe - yet they adore him.

Wonder why that is?

And, he's destroyed those '99%'ers that the left claim to speak up for. How the fuck does he get away with it? Ignorance? Is it that people don't know who he is and what he has done? I just honestly don't get it.

He is an icon for the left? I had no idea he was my icon, thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

I know exactly who he is, Frank. I was just hoping for a slightly more rational discussion about him generally rather than constant bitching about what he did as a teenager. I personally am disgusted by that period of his life, particularly since he is on record as having 'no regrets' about it. The man is amoral. But I had hoped that we could actually look further than that. You are obsessed with one single period of his life. I am not. I am interested in why the left deem him acceptable, despite the overwhelming evidence that he is an amoral, evil, self interested, megalomaniac.

A profiler would have a field day examining how Soros's collaboration with the Nazis shaped his outlook on life and society. Let's stop giving him a pass for the equivalent setting fires, bed wetting and animal cruelty in shaping his adult pathology.

If he were anything other than a Progressive Financier, he'd be in prison for crimes against humanity

A profiler would have a field day examining how Soros's collaboration with the Nazis shaped his outlook on life and society. Let's stop giving him a pass for the equivalent setting fires, bed wetting and animal cruelty in shaping his adult pathology.

If he were anything other than a Progressive Financier, he'd be in prison for crimes against humanity

Then start your own fucking moronic thread about it. This one is for grown ups to educate themselves about Soros... or defend his actions.

You're a prat sometimes, Frank. Really. You are. Fucking shedloads of grown up stuff to discuss and you behave like a brat.

Forum List

Back