Ice Skating

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
Why skater first rotates slowly, and then quickly?

====================
Before you think that Selivan asked a simple question, I recommend that you pay attention to this:
Why is ice slippery?

:04:

Last edited:
Centrifugal force. As the radius decreases with respect to arm/ leg extension, rotational momentum increases around the axis (skaters center of gravity).
If the skater continues to spin she will implode in upon herself, reach critical mass, supernova and develop a black hole which will grow, engulf the Earth and our solar system.
Ice skating is no joking matter.

I see you enjoy ice skating........

giphy.gif

What do you call that move?

Due to position of the arms and legs. Moving mass in closer to the body increases rotation. Moving mass further out slows the skaters spin. Both which change angular speed of rotation.

Better answer than mine! ;)
Centrifugal force. As the radius decreases with respect to arm/ leg extension, rotational momentum increases around the axis (skaters center of gravity).
If the skater continues to spin she will implode in upon herself, reach critical mass, supernova and develop a black hole which will grow, engulf the Earth and our solar system.

• Banned
We have had a good talk, but please do not write any more :04:

• Banned
Due to position of the arms and legs. Moving mass in closer to the body increases rotation. Moving mass further out slows the skaters spin. Both which change angular speed of rotation.
This is closer to the topic, but, all the same, complete nonsense ...

Forum List

Back