ICE Official Says he will not enforce US Federal Law for Arizona Illegals

my2¢;2334427 said:
my2¢;2330815 said:
All we need now is 49 other states to be required to do the SAME DAMN THING.

I guess I'm not impressed as you are about how the law has worked out these past 16 years in California.

834b. (a) Every law enforcement agency in California shall fully
cooperate with the United States Immigration and Naturalization
Service regarding any person who is arrested if he or she is
suspected of being present in the United States in violation of
federal immigration laws.
(b) With respect to any such person who is arrested, and suspected
of being present in the United States in violation of federal
immigration laws, every law enforcement agency shall do the
following:
(1) Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen
of the United States, an alien lawfully admitted as a permanent
resident, an alien lawfully admitted for a temporary period of time
or as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of
immigration laws. The verification process may include, but shall
not be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date
and place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding
documentation to indicate his or her legal status.
(2) Notify the person of his or her apparent status as an alien
who is present in the United States in violation of federal
immigration laws and inform him or her that, apart from any criminal
justice proceedings, he or she must either obtain legal status or
leave the United States.
(3) Notify the Attorney General of California and the United
States Immigration and Naturalization Service of the apparent illegal
status and provide any additional information that may be requested
by any other public entity.
(c) Any legislative, administrative, or other action by a city,
county, or other legally authorized local governmental entity with
jurisdictional boundaries, or by a law enforcement agency, to prevent
or limit the cooperation required by subdivision (a) is expressly
prohibited.

CHAPTER 5. ARREST, BY WHOM AND HOW MADE - Sections 833-851.90 - California Penal Code - California Code :: Justia

Please, learn how the quote system works... There's nothing in this post which was authored by me.

So I'd ask ya return to the original post and edit/correct it; and then PM the Gunny to ask him to fix the post wherein he quoted you, misquoting me...

Thanks in advance,
PI

I can understand his concern. While it would be desirable to crack down on all illegal immigration, we have limited resources and should invest our in getting rid illegal immigrants of those deemed dangerous to society.

Straw man, Sparky. Illegals who've been convicted of crimes ALREADY get turned over to Immigration for deportation, and DO NOT attempt to tell me that you think we're so short of money that we can't manage to deport anyone else. I have a whole list of places we can cut the federal budget in order to free up some cash to protect our country from invasion.

I'll bet it's pretty damned easy to sit there in Atlanta and talk about how "some" illegals aren't harmful to society, seeing as it's not YOUR society that's on the front lines and being dragged under. :anj_stfu:

:clap2:

Some posters around here aren't quite as up on the deflection as you are..

Legal Mexican Americans??? Isn't that a misnomer?

Where was I when I became responsible for Angelhair or anyone else? Was I out of the room when that happened? If you have a problem with something she said, take it up with HER, not me.

Speaking of deflection . . .

I think it was one of those step forward things and everyone stepped back except you.

my2¢;2330815 said:
Yep... read the law and the article... made precisely ZERO assumptions... Everything I said is a demonstrable, incontrovertible fact.

Which, naturally... is not changed by the innuendo that such is not the case; but, I do agree that, innuendo was the best fraud you could perpetuate here.

So... at the end of the day, ya did the best ya could... God bless your little progressive heart.

You titled this, "ICE Official Says he will not enforce US Federal Law for Arizona Illegals". That's how you took John Morton's statement. I look upon his statement as saying that the department will stick to their priorities and in some ways it is no different than a judge saying he won't necessarily prosecute every speeder the cops hauls into his court.

My assumption is that I doubt ICE has the time, money and resources to process a stay-at-home mom illegally in the country with a husband and kids who are legal American citizens. You are welcome to yours that he didn't read the law.

Welcome to MY POINT!

Your inference jibes precisely with the title of the OP...

FACT: Illegal Immigration is ILLEGAL... Meaning that unlike the discretion to not prosecute someone suspected of speeding; who has the potential to NOT SPEED... The individual arrested in the US, who is in the US ILLEGALLY...CANNOT BE HERE LEGALLY... Thus one cannot simply CHOOSE not to prosecute those individuals; BECAUSE THERE IS NO MEANS WITHIN THE LAW TO DO SO! The authority may choose not to induce a penalty beyond deporting them... but the Authority MAY NOT CHOOSE TO JUST IGNORE THE LAW.

If a person is found to be in techincal violation of a law... Let's call it assault... Where the evidence is sketchy, thus the threshold of justice provides that the odds of proving it are slim, then the prosecutor can choose to simply not pursue the prosecution.

But where the evidence is incontrovertible... such as where the law says you can't BE HERE... yet HERE YA ARE; then the Prosecuting authority becomes derelect in their LAW ENFORCING DUTY where they CHOOSE TO SIMPLY IGNORE THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENFORCE THE LAW.

Thus, we again return to the point, wherein YOU DISAGREE WITH THE LAW! You and those currently running ICE... DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE LAW IS FAIR! You DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE LAW SERVES JUSTICE; Thus you do nto BELIEVE IN THE SOVEREIGNTY OF THE UNITED STATES...

If ICE does not have the means to enforce the law, that does NOT MEAN THAT THE LAW IS NOT VALID, THAT IT IS NOT MORALLY SOUND< THAT IT DOES NOT SERVE JUSTICE...

What it means is that the SYSTEM IS FLAWED...

And part and parcel of that fatal flaw is that THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE THE MEANS TO POLICE THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES...

Which serves reason... considering that the US Federal Government was not created FOR THAT PURPOSE... Thus a premise which declares that a system which is not designed to do what the premise requires, is a FALSE PREMISE... is it not?

So what's the solution?

The Solution is to simply recognize that the Federal Law is implicit to every member State... and that the STATE is therefore AUTHORIZED BY DEFAULT to enforce those federal laws... I.e: Arizona's Law...

All we need now is 49 other states to be required to do the SAME DAMN THING.

All the WHINING amounts to is the LEFT DECLARING THAT THERE SHOULD BE NO LAW WHICH SPEAKS TO IMMIGRATION... That anyone should be allowed to enter the US without question.

Which works for me... and you can expect that the INSTANT that you people strip ALL social entitlements out of the system, from free breakfast and lunches are schools, WIC, and Medicaid, etc... I'm on board with that.

As the INSTANT that you DO... you will have solved the immigration problem.

Ya see kids... the US Southern border has been an open border since the southern border existed... We didn't have a problem with people flooding into the US until when?

... ?

We didn't have a problem with illegal immigration until "THE GREAT SOCIETY"... in the early 1960s.

Stop the freebies... and you stop the wretched problems which you've defined above... "The SINGLE ILLEGAL ALIEN MOM WITH 4 US CITIZEN KIDS..."

And you will find that those who DO come here illegally, do so with NO EXPECTATION of being HANDED ANYTHING...

Of course THOSE PEOPLE are not likely to be found in UNION SHOPS... They won't be needing their community organized... They aren't likely to be voting for HOPE AND CHANGE... So they aren't really who the Anti-Americans are looking for.

Yes, I was sloppy in my prior use of quotes in condensing your post. But if you're calling me a liar for attributing to you (indirect as it was), "All we need now is 49 other states to be required to do the SAME DAMN THING.", well here's the uncondensed post.

Forum List

Back