ICE arrests fugitive on rape charges in NC after prior release (Sanctuary Sheriff)

WNCN ^ | Aug 15, 2019 | News desk

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials arrested a Honduran man after deputies in Mecklenburg County released him, despite rape and child sex charges.

Authorities say Oscar Pacheco-Leonardo, 33, a repeat immigration violator, was targeted during an enforcement operation in Mecklenburg County on Aug. 9.

According to a release from ICE, the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office refused to honor an ICE detainer, or even notify ICE of the release, resulting in Pacheco’s release, despite first-degree rape and indecent liberties with a minor charges.

Pacheco was previously removed from the United States to Honduras in July 2006, and illegally re-entered, the release says.

Pacheco was arrested by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department on June 14 on one count of first-degree rape and two counts of indecent liberties with a child. A detainer was issued the following day, but the detainer was not honored.

“This is yet another example of a clear public safety threat being released onto the streets of Mecklenburg County rather than into ICE custody due to the current sheriff’s policy on ICE non-cooperation,” said ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations Atlanta Field Office Director Sean Gallagher.

“The Mecklenburg County sheriff’s decision to restrict cooperation with ICE serves as an open invitation to aliens who commit criminal offenses that Mecklenburg County is a safe haven for persons seeking to evade federal authorities, and residents of Mecklenburg County are less safe today than last year due to these policies.”

-----------

Here’s the POS Sheriff.....Just another black, party of INFANTICIDE scumbag!

Screen-Shot-2019-08-07-at-11-21-00-AM.jpg

Deportation should only come after serving a stiff jail term which escalates after each entry.

To do that ICE has to actually issue a warrant and go pick the person up. That was the problem here. They wouldn't.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) — U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials arrested a Honduran man after deputies in Mecklenburg County released him, despite rape and child sex charges.

Authorities say Oscar Pacheco-Leonardo, 33, a repeat immigration violator, was targeted during an enforcement operation in Mecklenburg County on Aug. 9.

According to a release from ICE, the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office refused to honor an ICE detainer, or even notify ICE of the release, resulting in Pacheco’s release, despite first-degree rape and indecent liberties with a minor charges.

Pacheco was previously removed from the United States to Honduras in July 2006, and illegally re-entered, the release says.

Pacheco was arrested by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department on June 14 on one count of first-degree rape and two counts of indecent liberties with a child. A detainer was issued the following day, but the detainer was not honored.

“This is yet another example of a clear public safety threat being released onto the streets of Mecklenburg County rather than into ICE custody due to the current sheriff’s policy on ICE non-cooperation,” said ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations Atlanta Field Office Director Sean Gallagher.

“The Mecklenburg County sheriff’s decision to restrict cooperation with ICE serves as an open invitation to aliens who commit criminal offenses that Mecklenburg County is a safe haven for persons seeking to evade federal authorities, and residents of Mecklenburg County are less safe today than last year due to these policies.”

-----------

Deportation should only come after serving a stiff jail term which escalates after each entry.

To do that ICE has to actually issue a warrant and go pick the person up. That was the problem here. They wouldn't.

I’m not talking about that. This Democrat had already been arrested and deported once. He should have first served a lengthy jail term then been deported. His reentry should have made him subject to an even lengthier prison term before the next deportation.

-----------

I’m not talking about that. This Democrat had already been arrested and deported once. He should have first served a lengthy jail term then been deported. His reentry should have made him subject to an even lengthier prison term before the next deportation.

Again, that is up to ICE and they did nothing.

-----------

No it isn’t. The law doesn’t prescribe an escalating prison sentence. But it should.
Does ICE legislate now?

-----------

No it isn’t. The law doesn’t prescribe an escalating prison sentence. But it should.
Does ICE legislate now?

Second offense is a felony. The law most certainly does state that BUT ICE is the ones that has to enforce that.

You do agree that the child rapist who was here illegally, should not have been released back into the community?

ICE should have issued the warrant and came and got the person. Though, all they could do is process and release them until trial also.

Do, you agree that he should get his trial, and after he serves his time, if any, he should be deported and never allowed back into the nation?

What are you suggesting? Cut off his legs?

I asked some simple questions. You were welcome to put whatever qualifies in the answer(s) that you wanted.

Instead, you got evasive and did not answer the questions.

Kind of tells US where you are coming from lefty.

Tell me. Do you identify as an American?

I'm explaining the situation to you. There is NO such thing as "never allowed to come back". It's an impossibility. He wasn't allowed to come the first time, or the second time. What good did telling him he couldn't come back do?

A cities hands are tied but what this thread is trying to do is blame the cities for the problem. ICE refused to issue a warrant. And after issuing the warrant, then what? We have nowhere to keep who knows how many thousands of people.

You can say "I support this, or I support that" but what I am doing is simply stating the realities. I've stated what I would do. Most agree with me but then will not hold the administration responsible for doing it.

We need to cut off the jobs. We need to if need be shut the jobs down that refuse to follow the laws. Then ICE isn't wasting it's time arresting 600 people and then simply releasing most of them. They can focus on guys like this one.

It is the "600 guys" that provide the cover for people like this to hide in.

Yes, and? I said that the solution is to crush those employing them.

What you did was NOT give a clear "punish him and deport him and keep him out".

Easiest thing in the world would be to say, yes to that, BUT, I don't know how to do that, or if we can or some such qualifier.

Instead, you asked a question implying that my position was unreasonable.

It is one thing to have a disagreement about how to reach the best outcome for our shared community.

But if your goal is not that, then it is dishonest to engage in a conversation, as though that is your goal, when something else is your goal.

What is your goal, with regards to the immigration issue? Is it to serve the interests of the American citizens, individually and as a whole, or it is something else?

Does ICE legislate now?

Second offense is a felony. The law most certainly does state that BUT ICE is the ones that has to enforce that.

Your right. (I looked it up)

ICE should have issued the warrant and came and got the person. Though, all they could do is process and release them until trial also.

What are you suggesting? Cut off his legs?

I asked some simple questions. You were welcome to put whatever qualifies in the answer(s) that you wanted.

I'm explaining the situation to you. There is NO such thing as "never allowed to come back". It's an impossibility. He wasn't allowed to come the first time, or the second time. What good did telling him he couldn't come back do?

A cities hands are tied but what this thread is trying to do is blame the cities for the problem. ICE refused to issue a warrant. And after issuing the warrant, then what? We have nowhere to keep who knows how many thousands of people.

You can say "I support this, or I support that" but what I am doing is simply stating the realities. I've stated what I would do. Most agree with me but then will not hold the administration responsible for doing it.

We need to cut off the jobs. We need to if need be shut the jobs down that refuse to follow the laws. Then ICE isn't wasting it's time arresting 600 people and then simply releasing most of them. They can focus on guys like this one.

Easiest thing in the world would be to say, yes to that, BUT, I don't know how to do that, or if we can or some such qualifier.

It is one thing to have a disagreement about how to reach the best outcome for our shared community.

But if your goal is not that, then it is dishonest to engage in a conversation, as though that is your goal, when something else is your goal.

What is your goal, with regards to the immigration issue? Is it to serve the interests of the American citizens, individually and as a whole, or it is something else?

What good is saying "yes" to something that is not going to solve the problem? As long as you feel better?

What good is saying "yes" to something that is not going to solve the problem? As long as you feel better?

We were getting bogged down in details, I wanted to take a step back and find common ground in our shared goal of getting a child rapist out of the community, away from American children.

I failed, because you could not bring yourself to give me, even a qualified "yes".

So, now, I ask more open ended questions, trying to find something about what your motivation is.

We were getting bogged down in details, I wanted to take a step back and find common ground in our shared goal of getting a child rapist out of the community, away from American children.

I failed, because you could not bring yourself to give me, even a qualified "yes".

So, now, I ask more open ended questions, trying to find something about what your motivation is.

I want the problem addressed. The employers. Once that is addressed the rest of the problem becomes far more manageable.

As it is now nothing would have stopped what happened. Even if ICE had issued the warrant (which they didn't) they would have ended up releasing him also.

If we continue to refuse to address the actual issue, we really deserve the problems that become associated with that decision. If you are going to continually look the other way at thousands breaking the laws, I am never going to support a one sided justice system and yes, the repercussions are not going to be good.

I want the problem addressed. The employers. Once that is addressed the rest of the problem becomes far more manageable.

As it is now nothing would have stopped what happened. Even if ICE had issued the warrant (which they didn't) they would have ended up releasing him also.

If we continue to refuse to address the actual issue, we really deserve the problems that become associated with that decision. If you are going to continually look the other way at thousands breaking the laws, I am never going to support a one sided justice system and yes, the repercussions are not going to be good.

"you're never going to support a one sided justice system"?

So, your motivation here, is Fairness.

Now we are getting somewhere.

My motivation is the best interests of Americans and America. Fairness is well down my list of concerns.

My motivation is the best interests of Americans and America. Fairness is well down my list of concerns.

Looking the other way while thousands break our laws is not in the best interest of American's. Especially when that is the reason for most of the problems. Without that the rest becomes far more manageable.

Looking the other way while thousands break our laws is not in the best interest of American's. Especially when that is the reason for most of the problems. Without that the rest becomes far more manageable.

That is a rationalization for your position.

Your motivation is Fairness.

Mine is the best interests of my group as identified by Nation. I'm fine with being "unfair" to outsiders, in the pursuit of this.

Mine is the best interests of my group as identified by Nation. I'm fine with being "unfair" to outsiders, in the pursuit of this.

LOL, right and that is why Trump appeals to you whether Trump is an actual racist or not.

LOL, right and that is why Trump appeals to you whether Trump is an actual racist or not.

I have no idea what you just said, nor why. Please expand.

-----------

I don't thionk it is his color that makes him make the poor decisions he does, but his poltics. As we have seen in multiple cases now the liberals are of all colors, but their politics are all equally bad.

Forum List

Back