IBM Israel Technology Helps US Conserve Water

JStone

Rookie
Jun 29, 2011
IBM Israel Helps California Cut Down Water Usage:clap2:

California has already announced its intention of cutting down water usage by a good 20 percent by 2020 to ensure that it makes a turn towards the green. They hope to get this done by turning towards cutting edge technology that will help them with both reduction of wastage and recycling of waste water. But that is a task easier said than done considering the fact that parts of California like Sonoma County's Valley of the Moon already are facing with a bit of water crisis. That is exactly where IBM Israel has stepped in to help out.

If you were wondering, right off the bat, what IBM Israel are doing in California and why IBM in US is not handling the issue it is because the IBM team from the Middle East is one of the very best in the world when it comes to water management. With Israel having to constantly deal with droughts since its very formation, the region has adopted and developed some of the best water management technologies on the planet today. Getting back to California though, the new integrated system put in place in Valley of the Moon by IBM Israel will provide the state with all the necessary statistics on water usage along with an analysis and best possible solutions.

The technology uses automatic leak detection systems and water management plans that help the local administrators in understanding and distributing water resources in a smart and sensible fashion. This is currently the test phase of the process and within six months others parts of UA will also see similar ventures. IBM Israel believes that when it comes to analyzing data and water technologies they are among the very best on offer and it would be only hard to argue. If California reaches its goals, then that claim would only be substantiated further.

IBM Israel helps California in an attempt to cut down water usage

How does one "waste" water exactly?

If I pour a thousand gallons of water into the ground, the water still exists and is still part of the water cycle and will eventually make it back into the drinking supply.

It's not like it will disappear never to be seen again

How does one "waste" water exactly?

If I pour a thousand gallons of water into the ground, the water still exists and is still part of the water cycle and will eventually make it back into the drinking supply.

It's not like it will disappear never to be seen again

Well take into account California is a state that gives free college to illegals and fucks its own citizens, so fucking up the water isn't a surprise.

Hmm more of thatr innovation from America that will put us ahead once more?

Ohh wait it came from Israel.

• Banned
Last edited:

Good thing Israel is our friend so we get the hook up on this sweet technology.

A realization Sadat came to after Egypt made peace with Israel.

Sharon about his relationship with Sadat:

"We talked about agriculture. He expressed his desire to develop new agricultural areas in Egypt. His Agriculture Ministry officials who attended the meeting said, 'Yes, we would really like to do that.' He hushed them, though gently, and said, 'We have land, we have water, and Sharon is at our disposal, now go to work.' And as soon as he finished saying the words he clapped his hands. Then a door opened and a young officer peeked in. Sadat ordered him: 'Go bring the map.' The officer quickly brought a map. First he held it and then laid it on the floor which was covered with carpets. Seconds later, both of us, me and the president, were on our knees in front of the map. He showed me the agricultural areas he wanted to develop. Sadat asked me if I was willing to go for a tour in his jet to see those areas. I immediately said yes.

"Two months prior to this conversation a special top secret operation took place. One day I received a message from the late Egyptian Agriculture Minister, Dr. Daud. He asked if I can implement modern irrigation systems within days in some farm in Egypt. I didn't ask many questions, and anyway they wouldn't tell. I said yes. It took me one night to organize a little group of experts, which left to Egypt the next day. By evening they arrived to President Sadat's home village where a buffalo still circled a well to draw water. The expedition stayed there for one day and conducted a survey. There were several irrigation experts in this group. The next day they returned to Israel and prepared for the mission. They asked if there are tools in Egypt. I said, 'Listen, there's everything in Egypt, but I'm not sure you'll be able to find it. Take everything from here.' I was the Agricultural Minister back then. Everything was done in complete secrecy. Two days later two Israeli trucks, packed with irrigation gear, left for El Arish… The expedition crossed the canal on board a raft and immediately began working.

Within ten days, they installed in Sadat's village all the agricultural equipment. They brought state of the art irrigation facilities, and on top of that they prepared a plot of land for planting of vines. And then we found out why the big rush. It was the end of vine planting season. Mrs. Sadat arrived to the farm for a visit and was very impressed. We left there an Israeli expert to operate the systems, and the expedition returned to Israel. Sadat was amazed to learn that the project was completed so fast. A short while later the Egyptian President invited the Egyptian press to his farm, showed them around and said: 'You see all this modern equipment? This is what Israel has done in a few days time.' So these were the events that preceded the said kneeling near the map in the Presidential Palace in Cairo, where he showed me those areas near the Sudanese border and in the western desert that he wanted to go to.

Ariel Sharon - Biography: 1977 - 1982 Settlement Fever and the Peace with Egypt

"We talked about agriculture. He expressed his desire to develop new agricultural areas in Egypt. His Agriculture Ministry officials who attended the meeting said, 'Yes, we would really like to do that.' He hushed them, though gently, and said, 'We have land, we have water, and Sharon is at our disposal, now go to work.' And as soon as he finished saying the words he clapped his hands. Then a door opened and a young officer peeked in. Sadat ordered him: 'Go bring the map.' The officer quickly brought a map. First he held it and then laid it on the floor which was covered with carpets. Seconds later, both of us, me and the president, were on our knees in front of the map. He showed me the agricultural areas he wanted to develop. Sadat asked me if I was willing to go for a tour in his jet to see those areas. I immediately said yes.

"Two months prior to this conversation a special top secret operation took place. One day I received a message from the late Egyptian Agriculture Minister, Dr. Daud. He asked if I can implement modern irrigation systems within days in some farm in Egypt. I didn't ask many questions, and anyway they wouldn't tell. I said yes. It took me one night to organize a little group of experts, which left to Egypt the next day. By evening they arrived to President Sadat's home village where a buffalo still circled a well to draw water. The expedition stayed there for one day and conducted a survey. There were several irrigation experts in this group. The next day they returned to Israel and prepared for the mission. They asked if there are tools in Egypt. I said, 'Listen, there's everything in Egypt, but I'm not sure you'll be able to find it. Take everything from here.' I was the Agricultural Minister back then. Everything was done in complete secrecy. Two days later two Israeli trucks, packed with irrigation gear, left for El Arish… The expedition crossed the canal on board a raft and immediately began working.

Within ten days, they installed in Sadat's village all the agricultural equipment. They brought state of the art irrigation facilities, and on top of that they prepared a plot of land for planting of vines. And then we found out why the big rush. It was the end of vine planting season. Mrs. Sadat arrived to the farm for a visit and was very impressed. We left there an Israeli expert to operate the systems, and the expedition returned to Israel. Sadat was amazed to learn that the project was completed so fast. A short while later the Egyptian President invited the Egyptian press to his farm, showed them around and said: 'You see all this modern equipment? This is what Israel has done in a few days time.' So these were the events that preceded the said kneeling near the map in the Presidential Palace in Cairo, where he showed me those areas near the Sudanese border and in the western desert that he wanted to go to.

Sadat was the best thing to happen to Egypt, they haven't been right since imo.

Mubarak was, too. He was a benevolent dictator which is as good as it gets in the arab world. He never let the egyptian military loose on the public, unlike in syria.

Mubarak was, too. He was a benevolent dictator which is as good as it gets in the arab world. He never let the egyptian military loose on the public, unlike in syria.

I have to give Mubarak credit, he did keep the lid on internal problems for the most part, didn't attack his neighbors, and didn't allow massacres of their Christians and didn't fuck with Israel too much, you can't really get too much better than that in that part of the World, it will be decades until the Egyptians see anything close to Mubarak again.

IBM Israel Helps California Cut Down Water Usage:clap2:

California has already announced its intention of cutting down water usage by a good 20 percent by 2020 to ensure that it makes a turn towards the green. They hope to get this done by turning towards cutting edge technology that will help them with both reduction of wastage and recycling of waste water. But that is a task easier said than done considering the fact that parts of California like Sonoma County's Valley of the Moon already are facing with a bit of water crisis. That is exactly where IBM Israel has stepped in to help out.

If you were wondering, right off the bat, what IBM Israel are doing in California and why IBM in US is not handling the issue it is because the IBM team from the Middle East is one of the very best in the world when it comes to water management. With Israel having to constantly deal with droughts since its very formation, the region has adopted and developed some of the best water management technologies on the planet today. Getting back to California though, the new integrated system put in place in Valley of the Moon by IBM Israel will provide the state with all the necessary statistics on water usage along with an analysis and best possible solutions.

The technology uses automatic leak detection systems and water management plans that help the local administrators in understanding and distributing water resources in a smart and sensible fashion. This is currently the test phase of the process and within six months others parts of UA will also see similar ventures. IBM Israel believes that when it comes to analyzing data and water technologies they are among the very best on offer and it would be only hard to argue. If California reaches its goals, then that claim would only be substantiated further.

IBM Israel helps California in an attempt to cut down water usage

I guess that would explain why their hockey team sucks too.

I have to give Mubarak credit, he did keep the lid on internal problems for the most part, didn't attack his neighbors, and didn't allow massacres of their Christians and didn't fuck with Israel too much, you can't really get too much better than that in that part of the World, it will be decades until the Egyptians see anything close to Mubarak again.

Sheikh Obama is now talking with Muslim Brotherhood, the parent of al Qaeda. The global caliphate is taking shape.

Forum List

Back