IBM Bought Red Hat.........

Linux, Kubuntu.
I dabbled w/Ubuntu.

I need to get back into it.

Just haven't had the time.

Before Windows 7 came out, I went cold-turkey from Vista to Ubuntu.

It was good, but just didn't have the software I wanted/needed, luckily, Windows 7 was about to drop and I was able to get my hands on an early copy.

I'm still using, and prefer, Windows 7 today.

Microsoft effed up w/Windows 8 and 10.

I hate them.

Linux, Kubuntu.
I dabbled w/Ubuntu.

It was good, but just didn't have the software I wanted/needed, luckily, Windows 7 was about to drop and I was able to get my hands on an early copy.

I hate them.
Yeah, I went Ubuntu when Vista came out then when Ubuntu introduced the Unity interface (it looked like something a kid made with an etco-sketch) I switched to Mint, when Win 7 came out I went back to Windows.

Ubuntu ditched the Unity interface with the new 18.04 release and now uses the Gnome 3 interface, still user friendly out of the box but probably a slightly high learning curve than Mint. I use Kubuntu (KDE Ubuntu) because I like the Plasma interface best and it's much more configurable than Ubuntu.

Ubuntu

Ubuntu MATE (pronounced MAHTAY) is the old Gnome 2 look that you probably used way back.

Finally Kubuntu (Review done before final release to the public)

Linux, Kubuntu.
I dabbled w/Ubuntu.

I hate them.
BTW, What computer are you using? Brand? Model? Year? Graphics card?

Can ya say Yahoo-Verizon...…..heard this while ago.....price seems beyond ridiculous.....

Interesting move, wonder what that will do to Red Hat overall.

IBM acquires Red Hat

LIke Netflix, Redhat was over ripe for a buy out.
Redhat is profitable. Surrounded by competitors that are not. Anytime you see this that company is almost certainly going to be purchased. And as you see in the article, IBM had to way overpay to make it happen. Major bet placed.
I imagine it will go well for them as long as IBM doesn't screw it up by outsourcing/combining departments etc. trying to beef up shares.

Forum List

Back