IanC, get a load of this. . . .

Differential rates and forms of evolution leading to markedly different levels of intelligence and inherent behavioral patterns from racial group to racial group.

Differential rates and forms of evolution leading to markedly different levels of intelligence and inherent behavioral patterns from racial group to racial group.

ok. . .i agree with that point. never disagreed with it. The problem comes when we continuously dwell on these incidental and superficial diferences when we should really be pooling our efforts to ensure the continuity and well-being of humanity. . . .

in Genesis, when the inhabitants of the earth took it upon themselves to try and build the tower of Babel, God said: "behold, the people are of one mind; now nothing which they imagine can be restrained from them"

if us mere humans working together under a common mentality is enough to make the "big guy" nervous, wtf are DOING down here fighting each other over BS which ultimately doesn't matter or have any bearing when you trace us back to our SINGLE POINT OF ORIGIN!

this has been my argument since the race issue came up. not that there are no distinct races, not that evolutionary changes did not take place to make us appear different to one another, but that the issue in and of itself is one that we waste far too much time on and that should be discarded as it serves only as a hindrance to the loftier pursuits we could realize if we worked with not aganst each other!

Fair enough.

I agree that we are all God's children.

But anyone who has more than one child knows: sometimes, children need to play in separate rooms!

My belief is that for a society to be happy, healthful and harmonious, it needs to have a certain level of homogeneity. Not ABSOLUTE homogeneity, but a base level. This is how you get the common goals, beliefs and values that make a society function.

It's why Japan works smoothly -- and has its own rich culture -- but a place like the U.S. spends a lot of time and money and effort trying to reconcile differences that can't be reconciled.

Think about it... we now have a black president. Unthinkable, once upon a time. Now, it's a reality.

Yet racial discord hasn't gone away. In fact, it's only increased.

I don't think that's because people are so morally stunted that they can't get past difference. I think it's because the difference can't be gotten past.

It's like taking two non-homosexual men and telling them that the only reason they don't have a great romance together is because they're biased somehow. Well, these two guys could try everything under the sun to become a romantic couple, but it's just never going to work. That, to me, is the multiracial society.

Everyone's a victim of this, actually. Whites, blacks, Hispanics. We've ALL been lied to.

I do actually think races would be FAR better off going their separate ways.

Fair enough.

I agree that we are all God's children.

But anyone who has more than one child knows: sometimes, children need to play in separate rooms!

My belief is that for a society to be happy, healthful and harmonious, it needs to have a certain level of homogeneity. Not ABSOLUTE homogeneity, but a base level. This is how you get the common goals, beliefs and values that make a society function.

It's why Japan works smoothly -- and has its own rich culture -- but a place like the U.S. spends a lot of time and money and effort trying to reconcile differences that can't be reconciled.

Think about it... we now have a black president. Unthinkable, once upon a time. Now, it's a reality.

Yet racial discord hasn't gone away. In fact, it's only increased.

I don't think that's because people are so morally stunted that they can't get past difference. I think it's because the difference can't be gotten past.

It's like taking two non-homosexual men and telling them that the only reason they don't have a great romance together is because they're biased somehow. Well, these two guys could try everything under the sun to become a romantic couple, but it's just never going to work. That, to me, is the multiracial society.

Everyone's a victim of this, actually. Whites, blacks, Hispanics. We've ALL been lied to.

I do actually think races would be FAR better off going their separate ways.

ok, you gave me a lot of issues here, i'm gonna try to address them all concisely.

first you said that homogenity is the key to a happy harmonious society...with this i could not disagree more. certainly there must be some unifying characteristics within the group so that there is a sense of "family" or camraderie, but by no means is it necessary for a group of people to share a monolithic culture in order to coexist! I would agree that there need to be universal ideals of morality and taboo, this way you won't end up with a world where ritual human sacrifice is the highest form of dogma in one society, but taboo in another

you went on to make the analogy that like children, different races of people need to "play separately" from time to time...okay, there's nothing particularly wrong with that, except that the people who are in charge of the human affairs here are NOT children! how is it that a world of (supposedly) responsible coherent adults can't apply the very lessons we learned (and for the most part followed) in preschool such as "play nicely together," "don't make fun of other's differences" &co.?

it's because the racial issue is continuously propagandized and exacerbated in order to keep the races at odds with each other! the ideas and impressions that the races develop about one another don't come from nowhere, and most people are not inherently racist. the Hegelian dialectic (synthesis-antithesis-synthesis) is being used so that on the one hand the racial problem just can't seem to be shaken (synthesis) so they "spend all the time and effort trying to reconcile these problems" (antithesis) through half-hearted apologist approaches to predjudice and by making it "politically incorrect" to express certain views (we all know what happens if a white person drops the N-bomb); and of course these attempts do nothing to correct/ease racial tensions which results in ongoing conflict and resentment between the races (the synthesis)

as long as we are at odds with each other and killing and fighting each other over what doesn't matter, the PTB can maintain an Orwellian/Huxleyan control over the things that do matter, and that we should be fighting for!

as for us having a black president. . . .i honestly feel like Obama is gonna be the white guys' go to from now on whenever Black people in america try to call attention to the racial bias in this country. . . ."well what about Barack Obama? he was a black man and President" is all that will need to be said to *dead* any complaint.

finally as far as the straight guys going gay example :redface: that was a little left-field for me, but i understand what you meant, i just think its a poor example considering the nature of those circumstance as compared to the circumstances here in our global community

there's no way you can convince me that if everyone here genuinely tried to coexist that it would be like 2 guys with no other inclination to do so trying to psych themselves up to have butt-sex! sorry, i just can't see it!:eusa_eh:

so where's IanC?

I did a look through when you posted it. what am I supposed to respond to? that we waste our time talking about race? I think we should outlaw Jerry Springer and any TV show that mentions Charlie Sheen. is that the type of comment you were looking for?

my question to you was essentially, how can any one race be innately more intelligent than another if we all come from a common origin

my question to you was essentially, how can any one race be innately more intelligent than another if we all come from a common origin

The same way some races are predisposed to have other traits. Why is that so hard to fathom? Being more intelligent isn't all that it's cracked up to be anyway.

The same way some races are predisposed to have other traits. Why is that so hard to fathom? Being more intelligent isn't all that it's cracked up to be anyway.

If there is no basis for the concept of "race", as proved by the Human Genome Project, then the assertion that "races are predisposed to have other traits" is incorrect. The fact is, there is no such thing as inherent intellectual superiority and there is no such thing as race!

Except that Mavrik, as it happens, is not a dog at all. He's a fox. Hidden away on this overgrown property, flanked by birch forests and barred by a rusty metal gate, he and several hundred of his relatives are the only population of domesticated silver foxes in the world. (Most of them are, indeed, silver or dark gray; Mavrik is rare in his chestnut fur.) And by "domesticated" I don't mean captured and tamed, or raised by humans and conditioned by food to tolerate the occasional petting. I mean bred for domestication, as tame as your tabby cat or your Labrador. In fact, says Anna Kukekova, a Cornell researcher who studies the foxes, "they remind me a lot of golden retrievers, who are basically not aware that there are good people, bad people, people that they have met before, and those they haven't." These foxes treat any human as a potential companion, a behavior that is the product of arguably the most extraordinary breeding experiment ever conducted.
Animal Domestication: Taming the Wild - Pictures, More From National Geographic Magazine

if it is so easy to change a wild animal into a domesticated one in just a few generations why do you think it is impossible to have different behavioural traits develope in groups of humans that are separated by geography and living conditions?

If there is no basis for the concept of "race", as proved by the Human Genome Project, then the assertion that "races are predisposed to have other traits" is incorrect. The fact is, there is no such thing as inherent intellectual superiority and there is no such thing as race!

another newby who can't understand why his simplistic talking point cribbed from somewhere else isn't immediately accepted as gospel truth. lol

Forum List

Back