Iaea/iran/israel

JIHADTHIS

Mar 31, 2004
Mowing a grassy knoll....
Is it me or does anybody else find it comical that he IAEA is in Israel telling them they shouldn't have nukes?
This after Iran basically telling him to go away...........

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Is it me or does anybody else find it comical that he IAEA is in Israel telling them they shouldn't have nukes?
This after Iran basically telling him to go away...........

I hear ya. Interesting, somewhere I saw an article by an Israeli 'whistleblower' being concerned that el Baradi (sp) isn't being 'intrusive' enough into Israel's program. Where else but US, Israel, and perhaps GB, would you find this?

Not at all---Israel has been skirting this issue for quite awhile now and the Arab world can point to them as evidence of the hypocritical American stand on nukes and WMDs. It's time for Israel to admit they have them so the world can put pressure on Iran to disclose the nature of thier program.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Not at all---Israel has been skirting this issue for quite awhile now and the Arab world can point to them as evidence of the hypocritical American stand on nukes and WMDs. It's time for Israel to admit they have them so the world can put pressure on Iran to disclose the nature of thier program.

Dillo, with my basic vow to avoid religious related discussions, this is one area where I'm probably not going to see eye-to-eye with you. While normally I LOVE to debate, I've found anything concerning Israel is usually an excercise in futility. Thus, I opt to keep my blood pressure in check and decline on this topic. Feel free to add anything to the thread. I'm not being judgemental, just threw out the topic for discussion. :D

Originally posted by Kathianne
Dillo, with my basic vow to avoid religious related discussions, this is one area where I'm probably not going to see eye-to-eye with you. While normally I LOVE to debate, I've found anything concerning Israel is usually an excercise in futility. Thus, I opt to keep my blood pressure in check and decline on this topic. Feel free to add anything to the thread. I'm not being judgemental, just threw out the topic for discussion. :D

You always have done well in finding issues to discuss. I find them timely and to the point. I certainly don't expect to see eye to eye with anyone on all the issues. I don't see this as a religious issue as much a political one that opens questions like;

Should anyone have nukes?
Is there anything we can do to stop it?
Is the IAEA an entity with power or just a source of information.

I have noticed that you decline debating religious issues which naturally your right and there is no need to justify it. Makes no difference. I choose to not discuss certain issues also. I felt no judgement on your part.

Keep the info coming--thanks!

Is the IAEA an entity with power or just a source of information. originally posted by Dillo

too good:
1. yes
2. sometimes
3. no

Originally posted by dilloduck
who should have them?
when should we intervene?
huh?

1. those that have demonstrated the ability to hold WMD and not use them.

2. When they threaten US

3. The IAEA has been unable to handle any of the crisis it has investigated.

Originally posted by Kathianne
1. those that have demonstrated the ability to hold WMD and not use them.

2. When they threaten US

3. The IAEA has been unable to handle any of the crisis it has investigated.

In other words--no more countries should have nukes?

before or after they have nukes ?

I agree

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the IAEA an entity with power or just a source of information. originally posted by Dillo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. In a perfect world, nobody would have them but the cats outta the bag.
2. Try to contain them like we are doing now, and stop any other countries from getting them.
3. The IAEA doesn't really have an enforcement arm, they bring their findings to the UselssNations Security Council which is supposed to be the "teeth" of the program. We know how effective that is:rolleyes:

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
quote:

1. In a perfect world, nobody would have them but the cats outta the bag.
2. Try to contain them like we are doing now, and stop any other countries from getting them.
3. The IAEA doesn't really have an enforcement arm, they bring their findings to the UselssNations Security Council which is supposed to be the "teeth" of the program. We know how effective that is:rolleyes:

Agreed----now we're just stuck with determining which reactors are for "peaceful" purposes and how to get them dismantled if they are not. Also in trouble with the "have" nations passing off weapons to the "have-nots" .

Forum List

Back