Iacocca: I'm voting Romney

Romney gets endorsed by Corporate Welfare Queen...

What a surprise.

bigstock_Attractive_Man_Pointing_Up_11675699.jpg

Excellent!

An endorsement by a man who knows how to do it right!

Another one kicking sand in the face of the O...........

He's old enough to remember what a Democrat was. He's smart enough to know what a Democrat is now

Not really.

Iacocca had to go hat in hand to the government because he wasn't making a profit.

Same thing GM and Chysler had to do with Obama.
Wrong!

Please, guy, I was around during the Chrysler Bailout of 79...

Iaccoca took credit for Carter bailing out his sorry company, and they still made shit cars...

Which is why htey needed to be bailed out again in the 1990's, and again now.

That's when they couldn't scam money out of private groups like Dailmer, Cerberus or Fiat.

He's old enough to remember what a Democrat was. He's smart enough to know what a Democrat is now

Not really.

Iacocca had to go hat in hand to the government because he wasn't making a profit.

There was no bailout of Dodge when it declared bankruptcy. It had to manage bankruptcy and grow out of it.

Ford was the only company that fought against being bailed out. They get more respect than any of the other US nanny automakers.

Not really.

There was no bailout of Dodge when it declared bankruptcy. It had to manage bankruptcy and grow out of it.

Again- with a government bailout. Because private equity wouldn't touch it.

Oh, yeah, let's not forget, Cerberus looted Chrysler for a few years... kind of using the Bain Model, which is why it needed ANOTHER bailout in 2009.

Ford was the only company that fought against being bailed out. They get more respect than any of the other US nanny automakers.

Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Road Dead

Fcked Over Rebuilt Dodge was the one I remember.

Does not change anything. Every other US automaker is acting like spoiled little brats who can't man up.

Depends how you define manning up, doesn't it.

You guys begrudge a auto-worker $28.00 an hour but think that paying the CEO of GM $12,000,000 a year is just oky-doke...

That's what the problem is.

Fix Or Repair Daily
Found On Road Dead

Does not change anything. Every other US automaker is acting like spoiled little brats who can't man up.

You guys begrudge a auto-worker $28.00 an hour but think that paying the CEO of GM $12,000,000 a year is just oky-doke...

Deflection alert!

I begrudge crony capitalism. They call it Government Motors for a reason.

Deflection alert!

Because the bankers and the rich people who looted the economy weren't willing to step up and save the company.

So the government had to.

And that's the problem. I read a really interesting article today about how through history, you've had elites who self-destruct their own societies through greed.

Deflection alert!

Because the bankers and the rich people who looted the economy weren't willing to step up and save the company.

So the government had to.

And that's the problem. I read a really interesting article today about how through history, you've had elites who self-destruct their own societies through greed.

The bankers? Like Goldman Sachs? Obama bailed them out to. More crony capitalism.

Keep on going. Let's talk about the solar companies and the Chevy Volt subsidies next...

When the auto worker makes the kinds of decisions a CEO makes, he too will be worth $12,000,000 a year.

Not really.

Wrong!

Please, guy, I was around during the Chrysler Bailout of 79...

Iaccoca took credit for Carter bailing out his sorry company, and they still made shit cars...

Which is why htey needed to be bailed out again in the 1990's, and again now.

That's when they couldn't scam money out of private groups like Dailmer, Cerberus or Fiat.
I was around, too...............

Iacocca was called upon by Chrysler management to take the reins of a company that was on the very edge of bankruptcy. He stepped in and drew up a plan to present to Congress in hopes that the Congress could see the merits of his pan and provide LOAN GUARANTEES. They did so

With gov't GUARANTEES, Iacocca had no problem securing loans from the banks. He was so successful following his plan, he was able to repay the BANK loans 5 yrs early.

Why should Carter get credit for Iacocca's hard work?

To summarize this for you........

Iacocca was called in to SAVE this company that was already well on its way to bankruptcy.

Iacocca rec'd loan GUARANTEES from the gov't.

After the loans were paid off early, Iacocca retired. He has had no responsibilities for Chrysler since then

NOT ONE THIN DIME OF TAXPAYER $$ WAS SPENT OR LOST!

Can you say that of the gov't "bail out" under the O? How many shares of GM do YOU own as a taxpayer??

Not really.

Again- with a government bailout. Because private equity wouldn't touch it.

Oh, yeah, let's not forget, Cerberus looted Chrysler for a few years... kind of using the Bain Model, which is why it needed ANOTHER bailout in 2009.
Do you understand the difference........

between a gov't LOAN [ala Obama] and a gov't loan GUARANTEE [ala Iacocca]??

Forum List

Back