I wrote this to the san diego city council

Lets see your crystal ball qualifications.

Unlike the OP, I actually have participated in an Occupy function. I'm also in daily communication with other people on the ground in New York, which is the main event. I have firsthand and close secondhand knowledge of what's going on with the movement.

I know that Occupy has goals.

I know that Occupy is not riddled with drug use and does not "use the streets for a toilet."

I know that all allegations of rape are unproven, and certainly that any that have occurred are not the fault of the participants (who were, if there is any truth to this at all, victims).

If the OP had gone down to Occupy San Diego as he says, he, too, would know that these accusations, which are standard-issue lies circulating on the right-wing talk radio circuits and other propaganda outlets, are untrue.

Evidently he does not know that, and that means he has not gone down to OSD.

No crystal ball necessary. Just knowing what I'm talking about is enough.

So the rapes are the fault of the rape victims?

How very progressive of you.

That's okay, they can get abortions if they're pregnant and it will be just like it NEVER HAPPENED.

Pig.

Yes, they made their point then went back to their jobs.

I'll bet 3/4 of the losers staking out the parks are on foodstamps.

Please do not support the occupy San Diego movement.

I went down their as a citizen of San Diego County and let me tell you, they are not interested in intellectual discourse or debate.

This is not a liberal version of the tea party. The tea party had a goal, smaller government, lower taxes.

For instance, The San Diego tea party did not clash with police, camp out, use drugs, or use the streets for a toilet.

Not to mention, the tea party never had any allegations or rape in their movement.

This movement is not about democracy, it is about imposing more and more big government regulations on us, at a time when

the u.s. and california economy need more jobs and less regulation.

Again, please do not support these mobs of thugs, who have no respect for the police, or your council.

Please support real solutions that dont stifle job creation, and encourage companies to come to california rather then flee it

Thank you

Martin

I sent them an email asking them to show respect for young people exercising their Constitutional rights.

Here in D.C. - the city spent millions to revitalize McPherson Square, only to be trashed by these filthy unemployed welfare cases. I did note they had brand new Coleman tents - provided by the Union thugs. A city fire department should have pulled up and water-cannoned those dumb fucks. It would have been the first decent bath in a month.

I just read an article where they said they had a rape in the (I think) DC camp, and they said they were dealing with it "internally" and the interviewee said "I've already said too much".

Nice. They sound really noble.

Smaller government, better representation of the people, spending cuts.

That was easy.

Whereas the current criminals? Their primary message seems to be "celebrate for we have discovered another reason not to work!"

youre right, i dont live in the city of san diego (anymore) but i did from 1986-2009 (now i live on the border of san diego and la mesa, technically im considered la mesa, but im still a part of san diego county.

I went down to the civic center, to see hair, and thought, ooh, i could talk to someone about the movement.

alas i was wrong, then i heard 10 news reports about the things i pointed out earlier.

but then again, i must be evil, and not real, because you disagree with me :lol:

thanks dragon, for setting me straight (sarcasm)

Last edited:

Unlike the OP, I actually have participated in an Occupy function. I'm also in daily communication with other people on the ground in New York, which is the main event. I have firsthand and close secondhand knowledge of what's going on with the movement.

I know that Occupy is not riddled with drug use and does not "use the streets for a toilet."

I know that all allegations of rape are unproven, and certainly that any that have occurred are not the fault of the participants (who were, if there is any truth to this at all, victims).

If the OP had gone down to Occupy San Diego as he says, he, too, would know that these accusations, which are standard-issue lies circulating on the right-wing talk radio circuits and other propaganda outlets, are untrue.

My main disapointment was no one at the movement their really engaged the crowd, thats my biggest beef. If you see people who might want to learn about you have a frickin booth, or some people at your protests with a badge that says asks me questions

for pete sake, is that a right wing talking point too?

and what are your goals,

the only goals ive seen are the un-official 13 goals?

Your movement might be right about what it wants, less money in politics, which im very sympathetic too, and less government greed, but thats not enough, you need a plan, and to execute.

where is that?

I know, im just another right winger, even though you didnt bother to ask what i was, rather, just lump in any disagreement as demonizing others.

if you must know im libertarian

Forum List

Back