I Wouldn't Vote for Ron Paul but Find About 1/2 His Supporters The Best of USA

What are all these issues you disagree with Paul on? Just out of curiosity.

I believe in a strong centralized government and would also eliminate a lot of the state governments that are duplicative - sort of reverse Libertarianism. .
Thanks. It's good to know you wouldn't vote for him because you and Dr. Paul have diametrically opposed governmental ideologies. That's much more palatable for me, than hearing someone bash RP because they're simply confused about his policies (or their republican pundits told them he's "too radical.")

If you think the status quo is working, vote for it with a vote for Romney or Obama.

If you don't think it is vote for Paul or a different 3rd party candidate.

Not sure why people make it more complicated than that.

Why would someone have to "stick to their guns and forward a third party candidate" in order to fix the problem?

Because people like you keep voting for the same person you claim to be against?

Where is Mitt really different than Obama with policy? Mitts spending is right on par with Obama's.

The Republican party has been splintering since 2007. The GOP very badly wants people to believe they have healed and are going to be strong as ever but the problem is they put Mitt up and that splintering is only going to get worse.

I hope Gary Johnson asks Paul to be his VP and Paul accepts. It would be very interesting t see a third party possibly win 10% or so of a vote in a GE. Even 5% would be devastating to the 2 party system and they would only have 4 years to correct it or in 2016 it might be a full on 3 way race.

I don’t care who is in office or what party they are from as long as they hold true to the oath of upholding the constitution. Both parties are so far left that it makes Paul seem fringe despite him really only being center. We can’t afford what we have now, we run a 3.6 Trillion dollar deficit ever year, that’s more than what we bring in through tax revenue. Someone has to buck their party and start working on the country rather than winning an election only to immediately prepare for the next election.

.... I believe in a strong centralized government and would also eliminate a lot of the state governments that are duplicative - sort of reverse Libertarianism. ....
Ah. You're not a fan of the Constitution.

No wonder you'll vote for Obama.

This is not an attack on IL as he is at least making the effort. But his ideology is broken at best. He wants pot legalized but nothing else, on what grounds do you pick and chose? Same goes for some agencies or war. You either follow the rule of law (the constitution) or you don't and you get what we have. What we have are politicians and voters that use the constitution as a talking point when the constitution happens to agree with their position.

Make no mistake, America is already over, we are spiraling downward. The UN can make our foreign policy, Obama brought the war on terror to America with the NDAA and even talk of reducing spending slightly is only brought up in election season despite everyone’s budget showing increases. Or to be fair when a real budget is offered it's not even looked at or talked about by the President.

I believe in a strong centralized government and would also eliminate a lot of the state governments that are duplicative - sort of reverse Libertarianism. .
Thanks. It's good to know you wouldn't vote for him because you and Dr. Paul have diametrically opposed governmental ideologies. That's much more palatable for me, than hearing someone bash RP because they're simply confused about his policies (or their republican pundits told them he's "too radical.")

I feel ya. Your post are refreshing in that, unlike the whackjobs and windbags who have noting to say, you can show respect for those of a differing opinion, while offering interesting insights (instead of petty insults). That's rare here. I don't fire first but I return when fired upon.
So I haven't seen an example of Libertrianism producing the liberty or lifestyle that I would want for our country. I like Dr. Paul, his honesty and a lot of his positions but like you said, he's just not my guy.
I can absolutely respect (most of) those voting for him though.

New Topics

Forum List

Back