I Wouldn't Vote for Ron Paul but Find About 1/2 His Supporters The Best of USA

Like I said before most Ron Paul people will support the Republican nominee.
Not likely. But keep hoping.

You're part of the loons, I know plenty of Ron Paul supporters, they will vote for Romney...as will Rand Paul :D

I'm not part of the Ron Paul loons and I agree with him.

You don't see a LOT of RP supporters who are absolutely committed to voting for the guy no matter what?

I do.

Of course, I'm in Nevada and he has a HUGE following here but still, even on the net, it feels the same.

Not likely. But keep hoping.

You're part of the loons, I know plenty of Ron Paul supporters, they will vote for Romney...as will Rand Paul :D

You don't see a LOT of RP supporters who are absolutely committed to voting for the guy no matter what?

I do.

Of course, I'm in Nevada and he has a HUGE following here but still, even on the net, it feels the same.

JRoc thinks you should mold your principles so that you're part of a bigger bandwagon. If you have an opinion not many people agree with, change it!

I do.

JRoc thinks you should mold your principles so that you're part of a bigger bandwagon. If you have an opinion not many people agree with, change it!

Not really... The point is we need less governement, Romney is less than Obama.. thats it. I just like to point out the cult followers of Ron Paul are no beter than Obama's followers some are even worst, they're mentally unstable Like Crackerwhack. Most are good people though

Last edited:

I do.

Not really... The point is we need less governement, Romney is less than Obama.. thats it. I just like to point out the cult followers of Ron Paul are no beter than Obama's followers some are even worst, they're mentally unstable Like Crackerwhack. Most are good people though

I realize this is the internet and people tend to vent their hostilities a bit more than irl but do you realize that you come off exactly like the RP supporters you villify? Anyone disagreeing with them is a "Statist" or "Nannystate Lover" of whatever - just like anyone disagreeing with you is a "Loon".
I'm voting for Obama this year. If anyone ask why, I am happy to support my position without insulting or disrespecting them (unless they fire first, of course). I am not a "Loon".
Our next door neighbor is 100% Romney. While I disagree with him, I can respect his reasons. He is not a "Loon".
A member of my Toastmasters Club is all behind Paul. He's intelligent and civil. His reasons for voting Paul, no matter what happens, are sound and definitely rooted in patriotism. He is not a "Loon".

There are a lot of people who quickly label anyone disagreeing with them on anything.

THEY are "loons".

At least some of us can spell. :lmao:

"Cult" is an interesting choice of words, by the way.

I realize this is the internet and people tend to vent their hostilities a bit more than irl but do you realize that you come off exactly like the RP supporters you villify? Anyone disagreeing with them is a "Statist" or "Nannystate Lover" of whatever - just like anyone disagreeing with you is a "Loon".
I'm voting for Obama this year. If anyone ask why, I am happy to support my position without insulting or disrespecting them (unless they fire first, of course). I am not a "Loon".
Our next door neighbor is 100% Romney. While I disagree with him, I can respect his reasons. He is not a "Loon".
A member of my Toastmasters Club is all behind Paul. He's intelligent and civil. His reasons for voting Paul, no matter what happens, are sound and definitely rooted in patriotism. He is not a "Loon".

There are a lot of people who quickly label anyone disagreeing with them on anything.

THEY are "loons".

I'm not the one who whack out like a loon. All I said was most Ron Paul supporters will vote for Romney even Rand Paul....Is there a problem with that? "fuck off" means you're a whack job :cuckoo:

I'm not the one who whack out like a loon. All I said was most Ron Paul supporters will vote for Romney even Rand Paul....Is there a problem with that? "fuck off" means you're a whack job :cuckoo:
No, you illiterate musclehead. "Fuck off" means when you start calling names, you're probably going to get called something back.

Sack up, Nancy. :gay:

I think Ron Paul is a man with some good ideas, interesting views, and bring a lot to the table in the debates and in the 2012 presidential race, but I would never want him as a presidential canidate. Far too radical for my liking.

No, you illiterate musclehead. "Fuck off" means when you start calling names, you're probably going to get called something back.

I didn't call anyone a loon, I just made a general statement...you jumped in with both feet loon:D

THEY are "loons".

Um is English your first language? It's cool if it's not. I would recommend some tutoring. That would help you!
So where did you come here from?

What are all these issues you disagree with Paul on? Just out of curiosity.

I would be happy to answer directly. No dodges, insults etc...
Even though he could never do it, I wouldn't get rid of the EPA or NRC. There are over two dozen Fed agencies I would get rid of but several that RP mentions aren't on my list. I believe in a strong centralized government and would also eliminate a lot of the state governments that are duplicative - sort of reverse Libertarianism. I've lived in countries that had little or no regulation of businesses. No thanks.
I would legalize pot but not everything.
I am against the idea of eliminating discrimination laws.
There's more but that's a few that immediately come to mind.

He hasn't said he would legalize all drugs only decriminalize pot.
Many of the functions of the departments he would eliminate would be picked up by other departments.
I don't remember him saying he would eliminate the anti-descrimination laws maybe you could link to that.

I think Ron Paul has many of the disenfranchised vote also, Demographically speaking Ron Paul's draws a lot of his support from the youth vote and the military. The youth vote is more idealist and less likely to conform in the end by voting for the establishment candidate. As for the life time GOP voter that currently supports Paul, they definitely switch in the end making sure to vote against Obama. Independents in the end? Who knows what someone with no foundation will think the day of the election?

All bets are off the table for the general election though, political campaigns and public opinion can change over night for the independents, and they after all are the ones who tend to decide the election...

This is the one area in which I find the RP supporters more admirable than Dems or Republicans - at least in what they say they'll do (we'll see in November).
Everyone whines about how horrible our government is.
"Oh the deficit!"
"Oh The Corporate Control of GE / Halliburton or whatever company represents the other side!"
"The waste!"
"The hypocisy!"
"The needless wars!"
"The waste of drug enforcement!"
and so on.
Dems whine about it.
Repubs whine about it.
But no one will stick to their guns and forward a third party candidate who they'll stick by, come election time.
Except Ron Paul supporters.
So how are they treated by everyone who whines a btiches about how crappy our politicians are?
They are demonized, ridiculed and called names.
Okay, about half of them have it coming. We've all seen them: "Vote for my candidate and agree with me on everything or your are a Statist, Nazi, Nanny-State loving, dog molester!"
Those whackjobs make Ron Paul and his other supporters look pretty crazy. Newsflash for that segment of Paul supporters: Dems and Repubs are voting for their candidates because they like their positions better, not because they're Statist Nazis. Sometimes it is that simple.
But I admire the more civil and reasonable Ron Paul supporters for sticking by their guns.
I agree with Ron Paul on giving away taxpayer money to foreign politicians, the waste of the drug war, the fact that Iraq and most of our wars were alll bull shit and a theft of our money to enrich the military industrial complex and a few other issues.
If I didn't disagree with him so vociferously on so many other issues, I would vote for him and guess what?
That would NOT be a wasted vote.
It would send a message that I'm tired of the same old BS.
I think that's the message that Ron Paul voters intend to send and it's very, very valid.

Ron Paul is not a third party candidate.

I didn't call anyone a loon, I just made a general statement...you jumped in with both feet loon:D
Yeah you did, you lying sack of shit. Luckily I quoted you before you pussed out and deleted the post.

Duplicitous. Google it.

Forum List

Back