I would like the Tea Party if

Well, I think they have some VERY good points. The only thing is that you can't unscramble eggs and they don't seem to know this. They are extremely naive, are much too concrete in their thinking, and are charging around like a bull in a china shop.

But then, hey, I know one federal worker who thinks that if they send a few federal workers home on furlough for a couple of weeks that would amount to enough to pay the national deficit off.

As to the borrowing every year, tell me you don't know people who do that. I know people who do that, perhaps not enough to come that close to their income, but I do know people who are so indebted that they will never dig their way out of it. Ever.

I always go back to Reagan in analysing problems. He noted, and very accurately, that the solutions are not complex, they are just hard.

Spending less money is one of those solutions.

Our elected criminals are ovecome by the notion that every program needs to be maintained or equally reduced or whatever. The starting point should be, we have X dollars to spend. Period.

Defaulting to the 2008 level of spending is probably a good place to start. Prioritize the spending LIKE EVERY OTHER ADULT IN THE COUNTRY and then make some decisions.

This is not complex. It's just hard.

I would like the Democrat Party if it wasn't so well represented by ignorant people. I love freedom, don't really trust the govt. but every time I hear something from someone who represents the Democrat Party I'm totally put off.

Well, I'm not sure how you define ignorant. They are not all ignorant. But, IMNSHO, they are all dangerous. Rand Paul, case in point....from my state of KY. He is about as transparent as Bill Frist was. They are both MDs who ran for office in order to preserve their health care fortunes. Doesn't matter who has to die in the process.

They don't understand the figures that get thrown around in Washington any more than the ones who are in Washington now understand them. Instead of taking a really thoughtful approach to the budget, they just want to lop off numbers regardless who gets hurt in the process.

I can concede that they have some valid points. But all the tea partiers are doing is creating yet another power struggle. They have not helped, and indeed, if one were to really analyze the process since their inception, I feel fairly certain it could be shown that they have hurt this country. (That's my opinion.)

Before the TEA party there was no talk of restraining spending. Now there is.

To put the national deficit in terms of a household budget, assume a family has an annual income of $50K. They decide that to live the life they desire, they will need to burrow another $41K every year forever.

That is the current fiscal policy of the USA.

The TEA Party adherants think this is a tad insane. I am a TEA Party adherant. Tell me why spending this much is not insane.

This is just not true.

All my life this discussion has been going on.

Every time the republicans want to cut help to the poor and the dems wanted to cut defense.

Its been the republicans wanting to cut the Help to the poor in someone elses district but not their own so they can get re elected.

The dems have wanted to cut the military industrial complex for the entire time I have been alive.

You're cute in your innocence.

Neither party has ever wanted to cut money that they spend. Both parties have always wanted to draw money to Washington and away from local control. Neither party has ever wanted to reduce spending on ANYTHING. A spending cut in DC is a reduction in the rate of growth.

By buying into the empty rhetoric and demagoguing of either party, you are buying into continued erosion of your rights and continued waste in government.

Politicians exist to steal from you and me and to blame someone who you already hate while they count the money that they stole from you.

The politicians that you like are the ones that have convinced you that the ones they want you to blame are evil.

For a split second in its infancy, the Tea Party was going to be something different, a party with laser focus on economic/fiscal issues, without a social agenda of any significance.

That didn't last long, because the social conservatives from the old right wing of the GOP stormed in and imposed their social agenda on the movement, and now, for all practical purposes,

you have a tea party that is little more than the traditional base of the GOP, fighting with the moderate wing of the GOP as they always have done.

A Perot type centrist movement would have been better.
Why? Being centrist wasn't the intention. Returning to conservative values was.

Perhaps you'd like to do a little research before you post again.

Why start now?

For a split second in its infancy, the Tea Party was going to be something different, a party with laser focus on economic/fiscal issues, without a social agenda of any significance.

That didn't last long, because the social conservatives from the old right wing of the GOP stormed in and imposed their social agenda on the movement, and now, for all practical purposes,

you have a tea party that is little more than the traditional base of the GOP, fighting with the moderate wing of the GOP as they always have done.

A Perot type centrist movement would have been better.
Why? Being centrist wasn't the intention. Returning to conservative values was.

Perhaps you'd like to do a little research before you post again.

Why start now?
It's that whole "teach a man to fish" thing. I'm teaching, but I don't think he's learning. :lol:

It wasn't so well represented by ignorant people. I love freedom, don't really trust the govt. but every time I hear something from someone who represents the tea party I'm totally put off.
Discuss...
You're being fed a carefully crafted vision of the TEA Party. Remember the scary racist white guy running around a TP rally with a machine gun?

He was actually a black guy.

If you want an accurate picture of the TEA Party, go to a rally. Don't rely on what the media shows you, because they have an agenda.

Gun_at_Capitol.jpg

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

x610.jpg

mike-pezzano.jpg

images

Actually, they were ALL "black guys".

The Tea Party(s) are made up of ordinary middle of the road Americans who don't like what's going on and are concerned enough about the direction this country is going in to stand up and say something about it. They arenot slick talkin' polticos with talking points in Armani suits, they don't look suave and debonair. They're working people who are more interested in substance over style.

Was I you, I'd be looking at what they stand for, not how they sound or what they look like.

PS: I am not now nor have I ever been a member of any TP, political party, or PAC. I just look at what's going on and try to get both sides of the story cuz most media outlets are biased one way or another.

It wasn't so well represented by ignorant people. I love freedom, don't really trust the govt. but every time I hear something from someone who represents the tea party I'm totally put off.
Discuss...

So you are naive and gullible as to believe the few skewed reports that you have see regarding the TP? I would imagine that you find the people racist as well, right?

Or maybe they just don't meet your intellectually elite standards. Tell you what, stay out of flyover country and you, for the most part, won't have to deal with them too much.

Although I must say, I live in Liberal CA, and my family and friends are all active in the Tea Party movement. We are actually starting at the lower levels of government and working our way up as we break the stronghold of suffocating ideology that is ruining this great state.

Discuss...
You're being fed a carefully crafted vision of the TEA Party. Remember the scary racist white guy running around a TP rally with a machine gun?

He was actually a black guy.

If you want an accurate picture of the TEA Party, go to a rally. Don't rely on what the media shows you, because they have an agenda.
Actually, they were ALL "black guys".
You could try to be more retarded, but I doubt you'd succeed.

Your astounding retardery aside, I mispoke -- it was an Obama rally. MSNBC cropped the video to hide the black AR-owner's skin to scare retards like you into wetting your frilly panties about racist white guys.

And you bought it. Because you're a retard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jwg-f3dqN4]YouTube - ‪Greg Gutfeld of Fox News Calls Out MSNBC on Their 'Strategic Editing'.‬‏[/ame]

Oh...did I mention you're a retard?

Forum List

Back