I would demand my money back if I went to this show at Universal

It's like paying $80 for a ticket to a John Mellencamp concert, only to have to sit there and listen to his envirowhack speech while a propaganda film plays on the big screen. Been there. Walk out?
No chance of a refund there.

Or paying to hear that has-been Hank Williams Jr. play his shitty music only to get blasted with racist rants about Obama. :dunno:

It's like paying $80 for a ticket to a John Mellencamp concert, only to have to sit there and listen to his envirowhack speech while a propaganda film plays on the big screen. Been there. Walk out?

Or paying to hear that has-been Hank Williams Jr. play his shitty music only to get blasted with racist rants about Obama. :dunno:

You're JosefKing, right?

You're JosefKing, right?

So, Hank Williams Jr ranting about Obama is ok, but Mellencamp talking about the environment isn't? A private company deciding what they want to do with their entertainment isn't? I thought you guys were all about free speech?

You're JosefKing, right?

So, Hank Williams Jr ranting about Obama is ok, but Mellencamp talking about the environment isn't? A private company deciding what they want to do with their entertainment isn't? I thought you guys were all about free speech?

I didn't infer that anything is "ok". Hell, I wouldn't walk IN to a Hank Jr. show. Not a fan of that music.

And much as I despise Obama, I wouldn't appreciate such a tirade having paid with the expectation of hearing music, not politics.

Freedom of speech, like all freedoms, comes with responsibilities and obligations.

Universal Orlando is an entertainment venue, not a platform for left wing nuttery.

You're JosefKing, right?

I didn't infer that anything is "ok". Hell, I wouldn't walk IN to a Hank Jr. show. Not a fan of that music.

And much as I despise Obama, I wouldn't appreciate such a tirade having paid with the expectation of hearing music, not politics.

Freedom of speech, like all freedoms, comes with responsibilities and obligations.

Universal Orlando is an entertainment venue, not a platform for left wing nuttery.

So, you're NOT pro-freedom of speech or pro-free market. Got it :thup:

Hey, wait a minute.

Assuming this "report" is true, isn't it an example of the very same free market corporate freedom the GOP obsesses about?

Or..is that corporate freedom only reserved for those corporations who tow the official right wing, anti-Obama line?

nice try. it's almost cute when liberals try hard to understand adult concepts, but you missed . . . again.

they are free to hold all the political rallies they like. charging people to attend them without telling the customers in advance what they're attending is something else entirely.

thank you very much for at least trying to wrap your tiny mind around such an alien concept as freedom.

at least when you go see john mellencamp, you know - or should know - in advance that he's an envirowhacko who likes to bloviate when he should be singing. this is more like paying the money to see john mellencamp, and having john kerry come out on stage to sing, instead.

they are free to hold all the political rallies they like. charging people to attend them without telling the customers in advance what they're attending is something else entirely.

Nobody is charging to go to the show. People charge to go into the park, the shows are free. The various shows are each individual components of the many attractions the park has to offer. Not to mention, if people don't like the show, they don't have to go back. It's as simple as that. It's called the free market.

Let me get this straight:

Coal company making it mandatory for their employees to attend a Romney speech (without pay) = AOK

Chic-Fil-A donating money to anti-gay groups = freedom of speech

But:

A private company supporting Obama over Romney = "My panties are in a bunch! I'm going to sue you!"

Did I leave anything out?

Other than the truth?

But that's okay. I wouldn't expect you to include something you likely wouldn't recognize if it crawled up your pants leg.

at least when you go see john mellencamp, you know - or should know - in advance that he's an envirowhacko who likes to bloviate when he should be singing. this is more like paying the money to see john mellencamp, and having john kerry come out on stage to sing, instead.

Well, I did get my money's worth. I stood up in the middle of his speech and screamed "shut the fuck up and play. Drill ANWR... American needs American oil". Etc.

BTW- Still got the ticket stub. :thup:

So, you're NOT pro-freedom of speech or pro-free market. Got it :thup:

Responsibilities and obligations.

Watch this video. Freedom of speech? How about the ensuing death threats? Also freedom of speech?

Store owner depicts Obama as witch doctor in window display | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Let me get this straight:

Coal company making it mandatory for their employees to attend a Romney speech (without pay) = AOK

Chic-Fil-A donating money to anti-gay groups = freedom of speech

But:

A private company supporting Obama over Romney = "My panties are in a bunch! I'm going to sue you!"

Did I leave anything out?

it is one thing to pay to see something of which you have an idea, but when you are totally mislead? Nope, I would be demanding my money back.

Nobody is charging to go to the show. People charge to go into the park, the shows are free. The various shows are each individual components of the many attractions the park has to offer. Not to mention, if people don't like the show, they don't have to go back. It's as simple as that. It's called the free market.

there's a difference between 'free' and 'included in the price', dumb shit, just like there's a difference between 'free market' and 'bait and switch advertising'. they paid for the freaking shows when they paid the park entrance fee, and they still have a customer's right to have the contents of the goods they purchase clearly labeled as what they are.

i find it heartwarming that liberals are suddenly such champions of the free market and freedom of choice - in something other than killing babies, that is - considering that you hypocritical shitstains never seem to think these are good ideas when something you disapprove of is at stake. i also continue to find it amusing how pathetic you are at championing these concepts. it really shows how unfamiliar they are to you. :badgrin:

Well, I did get my money's worth. I stood up in the middle of his speech and screamed "shut the fuck up and play. Drill ANWR... American needs American oil". Etc.

BTW- Still got the ticket stub. :thup:

there you go. if you're going to pay 80 bucks, get your money's worth.

there's a difference between 'free' and 'included in the price', dumb shit, just like there's a difference between 'free market' and 'bait and switch advertising'. they paid for the freaking shows when they paid the park entrance fee, and they still have a customer's right to have the contents of the goods they purchase clearly labeled as what they are.

i find it heartwarming that liberals are suddenly such champions of the free market and freedom of choice - in something other than killing babies, that is - considering that you hypocritical shitstains never seem to think these are good ideas when something you disapprove of is at stake. i also continue to find it amusing how pathetic you are at championing these concepts. it really shows how unfamiliar they are to you. :badgrin:

Your butthurt is reaching dangerous levels.

nice try. it's almost cute when liberals try hard to understand adult concepts, but you missed . . . again.

thank you very much for at least trying to wrap your tiny mind around such an alien concept as freedom.

Let the buyer beware. If you don't like what they're selling, don't go back.

And, by the way, what do you propose to do about it?

It says right on their website:
Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.

I guess Mitten is off limits. What a bunch of Stalinists he and his supporters have turned out to be.

Why and how?

1. Genetics? Yours is a gene pool in dire need of more chlorine.

Really? Tell me what you know about my genetics. Who's my Mama? Who's my
Daddy? Who were my grandparents on both sides? Great-grandparents? Where did they come from?

Huh? What the heck are you talking about?

3. Wear it with pride.

Wear what?

You never learned to question, to look at the underpinnings of your less-than-intuitive understanding of eschatological world views.

You're babbling nonsense.

OK...you're not a jerk.

I'll bump you up to idiot.

Satisfied?

Forum List

Back