I would be VERY careful about buying Tesla stock if I were you

Old Texas Reb

Jul 17, 2018
Tesla isn't worth anywhere near the astronomical valuation the market has given it. They have had only one profitable quarter, are burning through cash at an incredible rate and can't meet any production forecasts.

The tipping point should come this fall when Tesla is scheduled to launch a massive offering of long term debt. If that tanks, you will see the price go into free fall. If you have a position in Tesla, I would go short the stock at today's market (covered by the shares you already own).

Old Tex, give us your trades for the past year to see if you are legit! Come on, you don't know long term debt from current assets do ya punk? Who paid you to post here?

Tesla's PE ratio from the latest earning report is 0.0. Compared to Ford which is 6.61 and Toyota at 8.54.

It would not seem to be overvalued at all.

What does the patent pool owned by Tesla look like? Could be worth a lot more than the current cash flow and negative equity, maybe not. With new tech it's not always profits that make a company worth a lot.

Worst scenario is a takeover bid, maybe? Most of the time it is indeed crappy management.

I'm not a trader, but a retiree who is a long term investor and also an accountant, so I certainly know the difference between long term debt and current assets. When a company has -0- profits, is hemmoraging cash and can't meet production schedules and when it plans to go into the market for outside long term debt to cover the shortfall, that's a danger signal to me that rough waters are ahead.

Based on what the company has done so far, its stock price has an insanely high valuation.

Tesla isn't worth anywhere near the astronomical valuation the market has given it. They have had only one profitable quarter, are burning through cash at an incredible rate and can't meet any production forecasts.

The tipping point should come this fall when Tesla is scheduled to launch a massive offering of long term debt. If that tanks, you will see the price go into free fall. If you have a position in Tesla, I would go short the stock at today's market (covered by the shares you already own).

The tipping point should come this fall when Tesla is scheduled to launch a massive offering of long term debt.

I thought Musk said they didn't need any more cash raises?

Old Tex, give us your trades for the past year to see if you are legit! Come on, you don't know long term debt from current assets do ya punk? Who paid you to post here?

Who paid you to post here?

Hell telsa don't even pay Union wages.

Tesla's PE ratio from the latest earning report is 0.0. Compared to Ford which is 6.61 and Toyota at 8.54.

It would not seem to be overvalued at all.

Tesla's PE ratio from the latest earning report is 0.0.

Price divided by earnings is zero?
You may want to recheck your math.

I'm not a trader, but a retiree who is a long term investor and also an accountant, so I certainly know the difference between long term debt and current assets. When a company has -0- profits, is hemmoraging cash and can't meet production schedules and when it plans to go into the market for outside long term debt to cover the shortfall, that's a danger signal to me that rough waters are ahead.

Based on what the company has done so far, its stock price has an insanely high valuation.

I didn't ask about that, I asked what their patent pool was; you seem to think it's worth zero, I think the reason why it has value is some might think its assets and patent pool are worth more than you think the company is worth, and maybe it's just ripe for a takeover.

As for the future markets, with incomes stagnant, and wages more likely to decline, few people can afford to buy them, actually. We're selling even cheap cars with 6 and 7 year loans now, a ridiculous length of time for car loans, just to get people in them, so the market for Teslas is already small and getting smaller.

I didn't ask about that, I asked what their patent pool was; you seem to think it's worth zero, I think the reason why it has value is some might think its assets and patent pool are worth more than you think the company is worth, and maybe it's just ripe for a takeover.

As for the future markets, with incomes stagnant, and wages more likely to decline, few people can afford to buy them, actually. We're selling even cheap cars with 6 and 7 year loans now, a ridiculous length of time for car loans, just to get people in them, so the market for Teslas is already small and getting smaller.

I think the reason why it has value is some might think its assets and patent pool are worth more than you think the company is worth, and maybe it's just ripe for a takeover.

Nobody is going to take over a $59 billion company for their patents.

I think the reason why it has value is some might think its assets and patent pool are worth more than you think the company is worth, and maybe it's just ripe for a takeover.

Didn't say that, dummy; I said assets and [patent pool. I just raised the questions, which of course you nor anybody else seems to know the answer to, but insists on getting your wittle feewings hurt over somebody just bringing it up for some reason. Maybe growing up would help you quit being a sniveling little whiner, especially re posts that have nothing to do with you?

Didn't say that, dummy; I said assets and [patent pool. I just raised the questions, which of course you nor anybody else seems to know the answer to, but insists on getting your wittle feewings hurt over somebody just bringing it up for some reason. Maybe growing up would help you quit being a sniveling little whiner, especially re posts that have nothing to do with you?

Didn't say that, dummy; I said assets and [patent pool.

upload_2018-8-4_22-36-33.png

TSLA Balance Sheet | Tesla, Inc. Stock - Yahoo Finance

DERP!

CNBC had a story today that Musk in considering taking Tesla private and offering $420 per share to those who want to cash out. That's about a $63 premium over today's market. This is a good opportunity for Tesla owners who have a nice upside on their investment to take the money and run.

You need to have brass cajones to buy TESLA. Elon Musk is a straight up genius but you can't throw speculative statements around like he is doing now about this supposed 'takeover' complete with a specific price target of $420. If this doesn't go through as advertised, Musk has just teed up a class action law suit on top of the other issues swirling around TESLA.

You need to have brass cajones to buy TESLA. Elon Musk is a straight up genius but you can't throw speculative statements around like he is doing now about this supposed 'takeover' complete with a specific price target of $420. If this doesn't go through as advertised, Musk has just teed up a class action law suit on top of the other issues swirling around TESLA.

I think he's having a breakdown...….

I think he's having a breakdown...….
You mean a Broken Down.

CNBC had a story today that Musk in considering taking Tesla private and offering $420 per share to those who want to cash out. That's about a $63 premium over today's market. This is a good opportunity for Tesla owners who have a nice upside on their investment to take the money and run.

Yes, indeed; like I said, they probably just need a better management team; somebody thought their assets worth buying.

They're all overpriced. All of em.

The stock bubble is leaking all over the place and they have no idea where it's all going. lolol.

Didn't say that, dummy; I said assets and [patent pool.

View attachment 208584

TSLA Balance Sheet | Tesla, Inc. Stock - Yahoo Finance

DERP!

Yes, you do look more than a little retarded now ... somebody just offered a premium for the company. I was right all along, and you're still just a troll with zero biz sense.

Forum List

Back