I worship Adolph Hitler as one of the Norse Gods and I want a Jew to bake me a cake

They are free to do that. They can simply say "We do not do cakes with messages outside of the list we have here".

It's called USING YOUR BRAIN, and those bakers... well.... didn't use their brains.

The message has nothing to do with it. Suppose you are a black person and you own a bakery. A person comes in and states that he wants a plain white cake baked for his Ku Klux Klan meeting.

Are you legally obligated to make the cake, or can you tell him "Get the hell out of my shop"?
That is an excellent point. I don’t think any accommodation laws would be used against the black baker in this circumstance.
Should a black baker be able to ban a known KKK member from coming into his shop? Obviously being a KKK member is not a protected class.

You answered your own question. If the individual is not in a protected class, you can likely discriminate.

Where does it say in the US Constitution that gays are a member of a "protected class"? Even though a liberal-biased ruled that the 14th Amendment gives Sodomites the right to marry each other, I see nothing in that amendment that supports that.

Where does it say anyone can get married? Why not just ban marriage? Though it does talk about equality of the laws, and if one group can get something, everyone has to be able to get it.

Forum List

Back