I won't Vote in 2012

A non-vote is a vote? Damn you are one stupid fuck!

I'm stupid because you don't get it?

Roll wit that

Really, roll wit that.

Why would anyone assist someone to power that they don't believe in? Answer that question straight up, try without smugness if you can. This is not a test.

then vote for someone else.....vote for the fucking Garbage Man....but at least vote....

Sorry, but Voting for the Garbage man isn't going to resolve our Country's issues.

Sure, I could, though, vote (write in) an obscure person who I feel is qualified, out of the blue. But really, that does nothing. I'm from middle-America, where we don't have a Billion dollars to buy ads on T.V. and pay a staff to fly all around the Country and say "pick me!"

And that's sort of my point.

The way the system is, it doesn't allow someone ideal-for-the-job to achieve a loud enough voice. If one squeaks through, I'll be there to pull the lever. I'm not going to continue to endorse schmucks.

Where is the logic in voting for "lesser of two evils" when they all act the same anyways?>

Then don't vote but then don't bitch!

I will bitch that I don't have anyone worthy of my endorsement, and you can: complain and ridicule me, ignore me, agree with me, disagree with me, call me names, walk away......................and none of the above will change me.

then do what i do in those instances....write in the name Rufas T.Firefly.....a candidate we can all believe in....

Then don't vote but then don't bitch!

I will bitch that I don't have anyone worthy of my endorsement, and you can: complain and ridicule me, ignore me, agree with me, disagree with me, call me names, walk away......................and none of the above will change me.

then do what i do in those instances....write in the name Rufas T.Firefly.....a candidate we can all believe in....

that might be good for a self pat on the back, but it's in effect nthe same as a non vote.

There's no point. I'm not going to plug my nose and Vote for Obama and I'm not going to plug my nose for a GOP Hannity/Rush dick licker, either.

Instead of voting that day, I'm going get road-head on the Coast, eat a Lobster dinner in Maine, and possibly play checkers with a Moose. Moose will probably win, so I won't bet money.

Good! I wish all ignorant uninformed voters like you would take a cue and stay home on election day.

its got nothing to do with being uninformed....pay attention.....

And as you see..that's what the right is hoping for.

That people don't vote.

Currently we have 41 or so percent of the people voting in this country. For a first class industrialized nation that's pretty low.

And in some places, like Austrialia it's mandatory to vote.

if you willingly dont vote Sallow thats on you,not on one of the parties....

It's on both of the Parties. All of the parties. (my choice not to vote, anyways. I don't speak for others).
your the one saying "im not voting".....if you dont like whats happening its up to you to try and change things.....and voting people in or out of office is the way to cause change....

if you willingly dont vote Sallow thats on you,not on one of the parties....

It's on both of the Parties. All of the parties. (my choice not to vote, anyways. I don't speak for others).
your the one saying "im not voting".....if you dont like whats happening its up to you to try and change things.....and voting people in or out of office is the way to cause change....

Not voting them in, is what I'm doing to change things. It would be lovely if people joined me.

Make shit up? As far as......?

I think we can all see who the punk is.

I have every right to criticize the outcome. My non-vote is my vote. If that's over your head, inquire within.

sure you may have the right....but if you did not vote....who gives a fuck what you think....its like someone who bad mouths a Union,and quits it.....then goes and bitches to the Union about a problem at work....

Not exactly.

It's more-like someone who doesn't buy a lesser-spoiled Gallon of milk, yet still can criticize the store for not selling any Milk worth my Dollar.

Should I have bought the least spoiled, or began demanding better milk while also not assisting the spoiled milk to remain in the market?

if your criticizing the store to the Management about the milk,thats kinda like voting for better milk.....if you would not have said anything,then the same shitty milk may still be sold there....

sure you may have the right....but if you did not vote....who gives a fuck what you think....its like someone who bad mouths a Union,and quits it.....then goes and bitches to the Union about a problem at work....

Not exactly.

It's more-like someone who doesn't buy a lesser-spoiled Gallon of milk, yet still can criticize the store for not selling any Milk worth my Dollar.

Should I have bought the least spoiled, or began demanding better milk while also not assisting the spoiled milk to remain in the market?

if your criticizing the store to the Management about the milk,thats kinda like voting for better milk.....if you would not have said anything,then the same shitty milk may still be sold there....

No buyers = saying something.

Not voting them in, is what I'm doing to change things. It would be lovely if people joined me.

That's the most ridiculous statement I think I've ever read.

You can't "NOT" vote someone in dumbass!

Candidate A: Lonestarlogic
Candidate B: G.T.

Vote: neither.

Outcome: I did NOT vote either of them into power.

Candidate A: Lonestarlogic
Candidate B: G.T.

Vote: neither.

Outcome: I did NOT vote either of them into power.

That's right you left it up the grown ups to vote someone in.

And what change did you make?

NONE!

There's no point. I'm not going to plug my nose and Vote for Obama and I'm not going to plug my nose for a GOP Hannity/Rush dick licker, either.

Instead of voting that day, I'm going get road-head on the Coast, eat a Lobster dinner in Maine, and possibly play checkers with a Moose. Moose will probably win, so I won't bet money.

Good, that way you can't bitch and whine about the state of the union.

Like you do, daily?

I don't typically..........I'm not a ranter, like you, smug to the core.

But not voting doesn't take away my license to bitch about the State of the Union. It's the exact opposite. The Union is so fucked that we can't even produce someone I'd vote for. I'd call that a problem.

Its been said, Politicians are selected not elected.. We vote for what we get.

I have become a Tea Party favorite.. Its the people we need to stick together with even if we don't completely agree on all matters. As long as we sick together to keep our country and the Constitution we'll be okay socially. In fact all will be much better off including those in poverty. Before Liberalism America was the greatest country on Earth.. That fact is dwindling and since Bush and Obama it has been accelerated.
Stick with the Tea Party.............. The Change we can really believe in is the restoration of our Government demanded and controlled by the People.

Not our Government demanded and controlled by Corporations with an agenda.

Blues

Last edited:
Good, that way you can't bitch and whine about the state of the union.

Like you do, daily?

But not voting doesn't take away my license to bitch about the State of the Union. It's the exact opposite. The Union is so fucked that we can't even produce someone I'd vote for. I'd call that a problem.

I have become a Tea Party favorite.. Its the people we need to stick together with even if we don't completely agree on all matters. As long as we sick together to keep our country and the Constitution we'll be okay socially. In fact all will be much better off including those in poverty. Before Liberalism America was the greatest country on Earth.. That fact is dwindling and since Bush and Obama is has be accelerated.
Stick with the Tea Party.............. The Change we can really believe in is the restoration of our Government demanded and controlled by the People.

Blues

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not pro-tea party. I apologise and all, but it's not for me.

Like you do, daily?

I have become a Tea Party favorite.. Its the people we need to stick together with even if we don't completely agree on all matters. As long as we sick together to keep our country and the Constitution we'll be okay socially. In fact all will be much better off including those in poverty. Before Liberalism America was the greatest country on Earth.. That fact is dwindling and since Bush and Obama is has be accelerated.

Blues

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not pro-tea party. I apologise and all, but it's not for me.

GT, can you tell me why?

Blues

yea big guy, my asshas been handed to me. now, go get all those other internetz enemies that you are pro at roughing up before the day's out, so you can go home and brag to m'aw.

Blues

GT, can you tell me why?

Blues

Sure:

-hearing supporters make non-factual statements.
-having proponents such as Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, Rand Paul, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin is a keen indicator to me that "independant" and "tea party" are not cohesive ideals.
-they poison the well when they criticize (at rallies) things that they're actually short-of-the facts on. I'm not an intellectual elitist or anything, but I'm not going to get behind a "we're angry at the way things are!" crowd if they're out there being angry at things that are substancially incorrect, sensationalized, etc.

It's basically a Conservative movement. My views are a mix, so much-so that a purist Conservative is definitely not for me.

But I can be cordial in disagreement, unlike so many others. (a-hem)

I fully understand the platitudes and wisdom that comes with "get out the vote; " however, when the system is so thoroughly bought, I'll use my voice to prime the pump of the people who feel the same so that one day we might get an honest, non-purchasible candidate. And until then, voting in someone I don't believe in is pissing in the wind, to me.

For instance:

If I go out to buy a dog house (figured you'd like the analogy), and EVERYthing on the market was shitty,

do you endorse a shitty product with your money............

or build one yourself?

This is not some "platitude" this is reality.

If you have a look at history you'll find this exact scenario played out over and over again.

From Rome to the Modern day, you'll find that many Democratic nations gave up Democracy on their own.

To some pretty horrific outcomes.

It's the responsibility of every citizen in this country to make sure that doesn't happen.

Because believe it or not..as bad as it is now..it can get far worse.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same things, tbh.

Lack of participation, imo, is not why the Country is currently as corrupt as it is.

To me, it's simply greed.

A simple get out the vote won't fix that aspect of human nature, and further, it won't even help it (it has? Since when?).

There's room for optimism in my world, ALWAYS.
But it never seems to trump reality.

The lack of voting is not what's wrong with our Country. It's the controllers of our Economy, that are what's wrong with this Country. And if everyone on the list is thusly controlled by $greed$ in one form or another, I refuse to continue to dignify them with a Vote. It's counterintuitive, to me.

Show me the right fucking person. I'm not going to politely ask for it any more and plug my nose and pull a lever when it's not delivered. All that means is that I voted for the best sounding lying ass hole.

I'm going to demand it, from now on.

If that goes against whatever plan was meant for Democracy, then it's not my albatross to wear. It's the greedy's albatross to wear.

The problems are you are alluding to are the direct result of a "lack" of voting and a "lack" of participation by the electorate in government.

And the main problem is that when things are going well for people, for the most part, they don't pay attention. They want to raise their families, go to work, go to the movies, have bbqs and not really worry about the issues facing the country.

And then there are those that capitalize on that attitude. The pump big money into candidate that are friendly to their agenda, and do their very best to legislate in their favor.

They rely on people remaining apathetic..or pissed off. To pissed to vote.

And that's why we are at this point.

New Topics

Forum List

Back