i wonder what is out there?

pretty much .....thor is not one to do this.....but the other night.....i didnt let him out...and he had a small accident....diarrhea....i figured that was it....so last night i had to get up with him.....but hubby had stayed up late...so he was wanting to go out every 2 hours....that is why i got up with him....no accidents....just wanting to go out...one time he began to howl....he rarely does that....i dont let jake or buddy out with hm...add to this that his knee is hurting....and he is pumping dermaxx...its just a mess right now...

and bear in mind that this is not a daily paper like you would have....its a weekly paper with maybe a total of 20 pages...and i was only using half the paper....i assure you....if i could have found the whole paper i would have used it

it is hard to train 8 dogs....esp when she favors the tiny ones....i get fussed at over not babying 'flea' he weighs in at less than 4 lbs
Maybe he has a kill out there? It might explain the diarrhea.

wylie-coyote.gif

i have been up with the dogs since 1 am......thor is being a pill......i let him out....then he comes back in for 2 hours and wants back out...the 3rd time...i just started smacking them with a rolled up newspaper....i now have everyone in the living room laying down...jake is all pissed cause i wont let him go to his master...thor is pissed cause he has not been wacked like this since he was a puppy.....buddy is happy as a clam.....lol

i would prefer to be curled up in the warm bed.

What is the number of your local PETA?

Just askin....:eusa_whistle:

ahhh now i feel like a total meanie...thor is sick i had to leave for a few hours.....he had an explosion diarrhea in the shower i have made the first clean attempt...wet/dry vac and rinsing with hot water...now for the shark steamer loaded with water and clorax

the vet has been alert.....rice and chicken for thor this evening....and hubby is picking up a med that helps 'bind' stuff.....binding stuff would be nice....i have been told what to watch for....and now i have a problem for tomorrow..i am suppose to be gone all day.....and i cant leave him in like this.....

i know he is fine outside with jake....he doesnt bother anyone

at 1 am.....sleep is what i want......and these are well trained dogs....no excuse for this sudden behavioral change

Maybe there's no excuse for it, but I'll bet there's a REASON for it!

My dogs have done that before, I think maybe they get gas and think they have to go potty.

Or there's some vagrant camped out there. Or some wild animal prowling around.

Or who knows. The dog knows.

No need to hit them, they probably don't understand why you're doing that. They may be thinking, "Oh, she wants us to potty in the house now?"

Oops, I responded before I saw your last comment. Diarrhea, eh? And Thor is your Doberman, right?

Dobermans are prone to gastrointestinal upsets. Not all are, but some. One of my dobies had diarhhea her entire first year. It was being caused by a bad tooth the vet missed. Tooth came out, diarhhea stopped that same day.

She occasionally still has it though. I am pretty expert on dog diarhhea. You can use Immodium AD. The plain kind, no other ingredients in it. I can look up the dosage, I have it written down at home for my 75 pound dobies. You should probably check with your vet first.

Of course canned pumpkin is supposed to help, too. I've used that a time or two, but didn't think it did all that much good.

If they get diarrhea a time or two, I do nothing, but if it continues, I'll give Immodium AD for a couple days. If there is still diarrhea I would check with my vet. I have never withheld food, like vets will tell you. Just can't bear to do it. But I do feed the bland diet, mine consists of brown rice, boiled hamburger, cottage cheese with unsalted green beans and chicken breast added. I moisten it with the water the hamburger was boiled in, after I chill it and skim the fat off the top.

Actually, I feed this bland diet every day as a dinner treat, Canine Caviar dry food is available to them at all times whether they have diarhhea or not. I might restrict some of their treats if they have diarhhea. Or not.

Maybe cats?

I know my dog goes nuts when there are cats in his yard.

I can't even say the word "cat" without him going nuts.

lol i was gonna tell you my vet was expensive if that made you feel any better....

vet has put him on a rice/chicken.......dinner for this evening.....and tomorrow....if he begins to vomit or the stool changes color.....etc and so forth...he is on his way in...she is willing to play with this till saturday morning... she is giving him some pills for this....to bind....but saturday is as far as she is willing to let it go

the odd thing...he pretty much goes off duty around 8 ish....after that you are on your own.....

and i dont like any of them out at night alone.....

he has been dosed.....he has gas....i will sleep in living room with door open as long as i can stand the cold......then tomorrow i will just leave the door open and block the drive way

i will be up all night with him....i told him i was sorry.....he is more forgiving than you....

Oh, I did not mean to make you feel guilty! I'd be lying if I said I've never swatted my dogs...I've resorted to it in attempting to break up a fight between the dobies. But now I have a can of pennies I shake at them to get their attention. It means "stop whatever it is you are doing RIGHT NOW!!!!" I kind of got the idea from Cesar Milan. It usually works.

The last fight was between one of my dobermans and the shar pei. That shar pei will not back down and she has a nasty bite! I sprinted across my yard like a 20 year old, and much to my surprise, grabbed each dog by their collar and pulled them apart! I don't know how I did that, must've been adrenaline.

Luckily they don't fight very much now that they're older. But I still have to watch when they're playing...that's when the fights will break out, someone plays too rough or steals the toy from the other one once too often, and just like little kids...BOOM! A fight breaks out. Oh, also, my alpha dog thinks she is THE guard dog, so if someone else tries to be guard dog it pisses her off and she will go after them. *sigh*

Last edited:
at 1 am.....sleep is what i want......and these are well trained dogs....no excuse for this sudden behavioral change
do you live in an earth quake zone !!! or is there a large predator roaming in the woods ??:eek:

Haha! I do live in an earthquake zone and when we have a little shaker the dogs will look up like "Hmm. What's that?" and promptly go back to sleep. They certainly don't behave strangely beforehand. Maybe they know it's not THE BIG ONE!!!! :eek:

do you live in an earth quake zone !!! or is there a large predator roaming in the woods ??:eek:

Haha! I do live in an earthquake zone and when we have a little shaker the dogs will look up like "Hmm. What's that?" and promptly go back to sleep. They certainly don't behave strangely beforehand. Maybe they know it's not THE BIG ONE!!!! :eek:

When our 7.3 hit here my dog spent the entire day hiding under the bed. I couldn't figure it out..even that night he didn't want to sleep with me which is wierd for him...our Chihuahua would stick his head out and nose dive back under there..I was like what is up with you..shrugged my shoulders and went on..at 2.30 that morning boom the first earthquake I had ever felt like that in my life....scared the hell out of all of us..he hates earthquakes and hides under the bed before they happen. I have also noticed before hurricanes that the birds disappear.

Forum List

Back