i wonder what is out there?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i have been up with the dogs since 1 am......thor is being a pill......i let him out....then he comes back in for 2 hours and wants back out...the 3rd time...i just started smacking them with a rolled up newspaper....i now have everyone in the living room laying down...jake is all pissed cause i wont let him go to his master...thor is pissed cause he has not been wacked like this since he was a puppy.....buddy is happy as a clam.....lol

i would prefer to be curled up in the warm bed.

Its not a FULL MOON is it Strolling, inside then outside,then inside feeling frigging freezing,such is life at times with mans best friend but hey we all go through it a times. :lol::lol: steve

i have been up with the dogs since 1 am......thor is being a pill......i let him out....then he comes back in for 2 hours and wants back out...the 3rd time...i just started smacking them with a rolled up newspaper....i now have everyone in the living room laying down...jake is all pissed cause i wont let him go to his master...thor is pissed cause he has not been wacked like this since he was a puppy.....buddy is happy as a clam.....lol

i would prefer to be curled up in the warm bed.

a smack with a paper rolled up does not hurt them and it isn't abuse either...it gets their attention which is what it is meant to do. It lets them know you are not happy with their behavior...they get it even though they are dogs.

a smack with a paper rolled up does not hurt them and it isn't abuse either...it gets their attention which is what it is meant to do. It lets them know you are not happy with their behavior...they get it even though they are dogs.
I don't think it's abuse, either.

It's not an effective training tool for dogs compared to using our brains.

its a last resort thing......and they know it.....more shames them.....tells them their behavior is not acceptable....its a pup thing....and they know it...

its a last resort thing......and they know it.....more shames them.....tells them their behavior is not acceptable....its a pup thing....and they know it...
I understand. However, I would recommend trying Cesar Milan's training techniques. You might find that you will sleep through the night more often.

lol i have his book in the car...a friend loaned it to me..she has 8 dogs.....she uses his methods......her 8 dogs dont lol

pretty much .....thor is not one to do this.....but the other night.....i didnt let him out...and he had a small accident....diarrhea....i figured that was it....so last night i had to get up with him.....but hubby had stayed up late...so he was wanting to go out every 2 hours....that is why i got up with him....no accidents....just wanting to go out...one time he began to howl....he rarely does that....i dont let jake or buddy out with hm...add to this that his knee is hurting....and he is pumping dermaxx...its just a mess right now...

and bear in mind that this is not a daily paper like you would have....its a weekly paper with maybe a total of 20 pages...and i was only using half the paper....i assure you....if i could have found the whole paper i would have used it

it is hard to train 8 dogs....esp when she favors the tiny ones....i get fussed at over not babying 'flea' he weighs in at less than 4 lbs

Forum List

Back