I wonder what are the Hamas thinking ?

Wolverine1984

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2012
Israel
Three days ago (Friday) the IDF launched an air strike that killed PRC leader Zuhair al-Qaissi.
Zuhair Al-Qaissi Dead: Palestinian Militant Commander Dies In Israeli Airstrike

As a retaliation the Palestinians launched more then 120 rockets on Israel,(Since Friday till today.) and still keep firing.

So far the number of casualties on the Palestinian side is not so vast, but if the rocket attacks will not cease the IDF would have no choice but to retaliate in force. If the rockets attacks will not stop we could be looking at a second 'cast lead'.

I wonder what the Palestinian leaders in Gaza think firing rockets on Israel would achieve ?

Hamas knows full well how operation 'cast lead' turned out for the people of Gaza , if they care even a little bit for their people they can stop the attacks today.
Somehow I don't see this happening ....

.[Arafat] likened the Oslo accords, once again, to the 10-year truce made by the prophet Muhammad in A.D. 628 with the Arabian tribe of Quraysh. The Islamic forces used the peace to become stronger over a couple of years, then defeated the Quraysh tribe. The parallel re-emphasizes that Arafat sees Oslo not as a pledge to work for a permanent reconciliation between Arabs and Israelis but as a temporary and tactical maneuver. Why else have thousands paraded in Gaza with signs saying "We worship Allah by killing Jews"?

A hudna [also known as a hudibiyya or khudaibiya] is a tactical cease-fire that allows the Arabs to rebuild their terrorist infrastructure in order to be more effective when the "cease-fire" is called off.

A Hudna With Hamas (site does not seem to work well with Google Chrome)

Western peace is not even a part of the Hamas equation with regards to the sovereign state of Israel.

A Hudna with Hamas is no solution.

The principle of Israel’s necessary destruction also entails that even if Israel were to concede most everything demanded – as it did concede to the PLO’s Yasser Arafat in Oslo – still, there could be no recognition of Israel’s right to exist. Because recognizing Israel’s right to exist simply means not trying to destroy Israel any longer – thereby fundamentally contradicting the principle of Israel's necessary destruction.

That’s why, even while signing letters of mutual recognition, Arafat had to announce in Arabic that he didn’t really mean it He wasn’t really recognizing Israel’s right to exist. It was just a hudna.. .

Thus a true Western peace can not be a concern of Hamas due to their principle of Israel's necessary destruction.

^^ More Proof
I agree.
About the 15th of may , it was one of the dumbest things to do.
Let's march on a sovereign state try to forcibly cross it's borders and see what happens.

About the 'Stone in my hand' ideology, if you don't value your health and are brainwashed enough to go on and attack tanks with stones it's your business.

It's another matter entirely when you are a government,the duty of which is to safeguard it's people, and instead of protecting them you bring war upon them.

^^ More Proof
I agree.
About the 15th of may , it was one of the dumbest things to do.
Let's march on a sovereign state try to forcibly cross it's borders and see what happens.

About the 'Stone in my hand' ideology, if you don't value your health and are brainwashed enough to go on and attack tanks with stones it's your business.

It's another matter entirely when you are a government,the duty of which is to safeguard it's people, and instead of protecting them you bring war upon them.

Do you mean like when the Palestinians marched on their own country?

"Their own country" was declared in 1988 and is the West Bank and Gaza.

They marched on Israel.

Now they've moved to a United Nations declaration of virtual statehood. I wonder if they will learn what that truly means and follow a transitional path from virtual to reality based state.

http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/r/rosecrance-virtual.html

The desire to create needs to be stronger than the desire to destroy for this transition to actually happen. What will Hamas do with the ~40+ thousand Iranian Shia "Palestinians" and the many other splinter groups of militias all demanding the end of Israel? So far? They protect them and call for the end of Israel themselves.

"Their own country" was declared in 1988 and is the West Bank and Gaza.
They marched on Israel.

Opinions of officials and legal scholars

For John Quigley Palestine's existence as a state predates the 1988 declaration. Tracing Palestine's status as an international entity back to the collapse of the Ottoman Empire after World War I, he recalls that the Palestine Mandate (1918–1948), an arrangement made under Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations, held as its "ultimate objective", the "self-determination and independence of the people concerned." He says that in explicitly referring to the Covenant, the 1988 declaration was reaffirming an existing Palestinian statehood.[126] Noting that Palestine under the Mandate entered into bilateral treaties, including one with Great Britain, the Mandatory power, he cites this as an example of its "sovereignty" at that time. He also notes the corollary of the Stimson Doctrine and the customary prohibition on the use of force contained in the Restatement of Foreign Relations Law of the United States, "[a]n entity does not necessarily cease to be a state even if all of its territory has been occupied by a foreign power".[86]

State of Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at what it says right there in your quote :
Opinions are not facts,and John Quigley doesn't create states.
The official declaration was in 1988 and it's a fact,not an opinion,you have no case.

The official declaration was in 1988 and it's a fact,not an opinion,you have no case.

OK, but look at the facts he presents.

The Palestinians declared statehood in 1948 only to have the UN divide it into three occupations in 1949.

The Palestinians declared statehood in 1948 only to have the UN divide it into three occupations in 1949.

There is no mention of such declaration in the Wiki article.
Anyhow,this is not relevant to the original post, if you want to discuss the matter further please open a new thread concerning the issue and i'll be more than happy to discuss it there.

There is no mention of such declaration in the Wiki article.
Anyhow,this is not relevant to the original post, if you want to discuss the matter further please open a new thread concerning the issue and i'll be more than happy to discuss it there.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/israel-and-palestine/142497-the-state-of-palestine.html

Hamas thinks about death, destruction, suicide bombing and shawarmas, thats all.

So it would seem.

The way I see it, if you are a 10 year old boy. The only conceivable benefit of fighting a bigger and stronger 16 year old boy who would surly beat the crap out of you, is the fact that after the fight you can go cry to your parents and show them your black eye.

That is what I think the Hamas strategy is all about: provoke a large scale fight , make sure there are a lot of civilian casualties ,cry to the world about how badly the Palestinians are treated.

Hamas thinks about death, destruction, suicide bombing and shawarmas, thats all.

So it would seem.

The way I see it, if you are a 10 year old boy. The only conceivable benefit of fighting a bigger and stronger 16 year old boy who would surly beat the crap out of you, is the fact that after the fight you can go cry to your parents and show them your black eye.

That is what I think the Hamas strategy is all about: provoke a large scale fight , make sure there are a lot of civilian casualties ,cry to the world about how badly the Palestinians are treated.

Their best bet would be a diplomatic solution.

Three days ago (Friday) the IDF launched an air strike that killed PRC leader Zuhair al-Qaissi.

As a retaliation the Palestinians launched more then 120 rockets on Israel,(Since Friday till today.) and still keep firing.

So far the number of casualties on the Palestinian side is not so vast, but if the rocket attacks will not cease the IDF would have no choice but to retaliate in force. If the rockets attacks will not stop we could be looking at a second 'cast lead'.

I wonder what the Palestinian leaders in Gaza think firing rockets on Israel would achieve ?

Hamas knows full well how operation 'cast lead' turned out for the people of Gaza , if they care even a little bit for their people they can stop the attacks today.

I support whatever Israel plans to do.

end of story

Why did israel attack, this time?

Forum List

Back