I wonder how many young people know how much opting out is going to cost them ?

Looks like 60% of the public doesn't like Obamacare. 46% want to vote for him in November. 14% of the Obama lovers are an interesting bunch.

Interesting that you're supposedly all concerned about how much something is going to cost our youth after you put them into the greatest amount of debt man has ever known. Your foot is still stuck to the floor on the debt pedal.

what? who forced them into debt?

The Federal government. Pay attention at least.

ok dear, thanks for clearing that up..I read it wrong, my mistake , I'm sorry...sheeeesh

Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home. Let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

In 2014 unless you pay up for some healthcare, you will be charged $95.00 per adult or 1% of your income.

By 2016, you will be charged $695.00 per adult and up to $2085.00 per household or 2.5% of your income whichever is greater.

This is what Obama and American liberals have done to you. How's that for living in what we thought was freedom ?

The Short Answer is no. We were all young once you know how it is. They are willfully Ignorant of it. They have been told this is wonderful so they Believe.

20 Years from now when half of them have evolved to be more Conservative they will look back and think, how the hell could I have been so Naive, just like most of us already have.

:)

Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home. Let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

In 2014 unless you pay up for some healthcare, you will be charged $95.00 per adult or 1% of your income.

By 2016, you will be charged $695.00 per adult and up to $2085.00 per household or 2.5% of your income whichever is greater.

This is what Obama and American liberals have done to you. How's that for living in what we thought was freedom ?

The Short Answer is no. We were all young once you know how it is. They are willfully Ignorant of it. They have been told this is wonderful so they Believe.

20 Years from now when half of them have evolved to be more Conservative they will look back and think, how the hell could I have been so Naive, just like most of us already have.

:)

true,

let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home.

you would be covered on your parents health insurance plan until 26.

what if you are one of six kids, all with different last names, living with a single mom on welfare?

let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

after 26, if you at near the poverty line, which minimum wage would place you at, then you would qualify for the government coverage.

aha, mooching off of the taxpayers.

in 2014 unless you pay up for some healthcare, you will be charged $95.00 per adult or 1% of your income.

if you can already afford to pay for health insurance, but choose not to, because you'd rather mooch off the system if you get sick.

with the money saved by not paying the insurance company, i can pay the dr with cash.

this is what obama and american liberals have done to you. How's that for living in what we thought was freedom ?

buuuuuzzzz. Thanks for playing.

ok

Last edited:

They can stay on their parents health insurance until they are 27, if not 695 or whatever it costs for health insurance is cheaper than having to go to the ER and spending say $6000. That is what happened to me when I was working a low paying job and didn't have health insurance.

My friends brother who is 23 just spent nine days in a coma, I will give you a few guesses on how high his medical bills are because he didn't have insurance..Will give you a hint it is in the triple digits.

moochers is now what they call the young people...before it was we care about the childreeeeeen that's why us Democrats are so special

see how the language changes when it's TAXES they want the Government to stick people with

I hope the young who voted for Obama NOW see what the Democrat party REALLY thinks of them

Since young people can use their parents' insurance until their 26, and will be covered by medicaid if they're dirt poor...

That means the only people that will be taxed are people 27 or older who can afford to pay for insurance, but choose not to.

In other words, moochers.

So if someone doesn't get a policy but just pays the fee.....what happens when they roll into the hospital without insurance????

They will get treatment, just like now.

The fee is there to cover the costs of people like this.

However, those people won't have the full benefit of medical insurance, like paying for regular checkups, medication, scans, etc.

They'll only receive treatment in emergency situations, and by then it may be too late.

If liberals wanted everyone to have insurance then it would be easy to just remove $10-$25 from everyone's paycheck to give them a basic insurance package if they don't have one already to opt out of the program.

That would be welfare...

Last edited:
Looks like 60% of the public doesn't like Obamacare. 46% want to vote for him in November. 14% of the Obama lovers are an interesting bunch.

Which includes people who don't like it because it doesn't go far enough...

Just like all the other numbers you people have posted.

That's what happens when you make a compromise, like they did with this bill.

You get people at both ends of the spectrum that don't like the result.

what if you are one of six kids, all with different last names, living with a single mom on welfare?

Then your mom would be eligible for medicaid, and the children would be covered by that.

aha, mooching off of the taxpayers.

It is. But only by people who cannot afford health insurance at all.

Of course, I guess you could just let them die...

with the money saved by not paying the insurance company, i can pay the dr with cash.

ok

Which it has been proven time and time again the vast majority of people without insurance don't do.

You see, an overwhelming majority of people can't pay that 100,000.00 medical bill when it comes. They just don't have that kind of capital on hand.

And that of course, is the point of insurance in the first place.

99% of the time, the people who would be able to pay that bill already have health insurance.

Forum List

Back