I wonder how many McCain voters...

yet Bush had Clinton admin holdovers

and he was so divisive :rolleyes:
clinton had a pretty good presidency and alot of good for the country, happened...his advisors were not the ones with the keeping the pants zipped problem...

Such is not the case with president bush....much negative has happened for our country and his advisors are probably one of the causes....they should not be rewarded....or be listened to because they did a shitty job of advising Bush imo.

There are plenty of good republicans out there that are knowledgable and respected that could be chosen from... that do not have the same mindthink as the neocons that ruled the roost the last 8 years.

care

clinton had a pretty good presidency and alot of good for the country, happened...his advisors were not the ones with the keeping the pants zipped problem...

Such is not the case with president bush....much negative has happened for our country and his advisors are probably one of the causes....they should not be rewarded....or be listened to because they did a shitty job of advising Bush imo.

There are plenty of good republicans out there that are knowledgable and respected that could be chosen from... that do not have the same mindthink as the neocons that ruled the roost the last 8 years.

care
and you totally miss the point

This one won't...

I'll basically be saying something along the lines of...
"At least grandpa had the proper wisdom and foresight to vote against the worst President in US history. Now sorry children, grandpa's 5 minute break is over. Back to work under the totalitarian control system as an engineer so I can earn the same amount as the bum sitting on the corner who just pissed on himself."

Your hardcore, funny though!

i honestly didn't EXPECT it to change....as i said in my last post, it seems as though it will continue to be brother against brother until the end of time...have at it and give yourself a pat on the back while doing it!

Care

It can't change as long as liberals insist those who politically disagree with them are only doing so because they are evil, greedy, selfish, uncaring, etc. and therefore such politicians and candidates deserve to be accused of having the most base and despicable character traits at all times, accused of the worst motives possible for any and all acts - and nothing else but a liberal's PERSONAL hatred since they deserve to be PERSONALLY destroyed. Until the day comes where the left can admit that political disagreement with them isn't really based on a depraved character after all but strongly held opinions about the best means to achieve goals, it will never change.

Frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing the left insist that because I or someone else is a conservative, it means the "real" motive for politically disagreeing is because we are mean-spirited, want to steal from the poor (yeah right, makes as much sense as deciding to mug the homeless guy instead of the one with that fat wallet sticking out. If I wanted to steal from anyone, I wouldn't be targeting those with the least, believe me. I'm not interested in stealing from anyone though) and have no concern for the environment (conservatives don't love their kids and don't mind at all if they are poisoned by toxic air and water and look forward to killing off all wildlife and destroying all forests, tearing up the Constitution, and creating a theocracy of all things. LOL) and have no concern for those at the very bottom except for a desire to give them a swift kick in the ribs, right? In fact, I am very well educated and a moral, very compassionate and generous person. Which would be impossible according to those indoctrinated to believe that their political opponents are just evil people, huh?

Conservatives have realized the best means for achieving these goals are all too often going to be counterintuitive to the beliefs and founding premise of those idealistic and unrealistic liberals who certainly appear to have no real understanding of human nature, seem not to actually like human beings anyway - and believe they can force and "re-educate" human nature out of the human race instead of expending the time to figure out how to best exploit that inherent human nature for the greater good.

As long as liberals try to shut down political debate by insisting all who disagree are only motivated to disagree because they are evil -then yeah, there will still be a significant split in this country no matter who is President. But it will sharply intensify whenever a Republican wins the White House until liberals do stop it.

what situation do you suppose could top this election?

Obama not only has won the popular vote by at least a 3 million vote margin he's won the Electoral college by a wide margin as well

This is a mandate by the country that overwhelmingly the PEOPLE wanted Obama as their president. He didn't win the vote by states traditionally Democratic plus one Republican state.

he took back IA, CO, NV, FL, VA, IN, and possibly NC

That is HUGE! that's an even wider margin than Clinton won and apparently the popular vote margin of victory hasn't been seen since LBJ!

he IS the people's president!

eta:

You're an idiot if you actually don't know what the importance of this election is.

Less than 50 years ago Barack Obama wouldn't have been able to sit at the same counter as me and now he's the POTUS!

A 3% margin in popular vote isn't all that much. We've grown accustom recently to very close races. 1984 was about as lopsided a Presidential election as I can remember....and the Dems still held Congress....

While it's cool a Black man won the office, he will be judged by his impact on the country the next four years. His agenda appears pretty much divorced from the Congressional Leadership, at least based on his press interviews during the campaign. Will he govern according to his voting record or according to his campaign rhetoric? He want's a second term so I doubt he'll pay a great deal of attention or Pelosi or Reed....and that will drive some of the lefties over here nuts....

It can't change as long as liberals insist those who politically disagree with them are only doing so because they are evil, greedy, selfish, uncaring, etc. and therefore such politicians and candidates deserve to be accused of having the most base and despicable character traits at all times, accused of the worst motives possible for any and all acts - and nothing else but a liberal's PERSONAL hatred since they deserve to be PERSONALLY destroyed. Until the day comes where the left can admit that political disagreement with them isn't really based on a depraved character after all but strongly held opinions about the best means to achieve goals, it will never change.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my gosh....you said alot there Frazzle.... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

Please take no disrespect in my laughing but you sound like a fellow Christian friend of mine, who i used to ym instant message with and who was also a republican....we argued for days on end and also participated in the same political board.

It took months before we both realized that we basically wanted the same things, caring for the needy along with a strong economy and strong country...

What we also came to realize was that it really was the politicians that were dividing us and making us hate eachother and think that the "otherside was evil incarnate" and if we even befriended them or were willing to compromise with them.... we were fools!

and that the whole world would end when the "other side" was in power....and the politicians did this so that they could be reelected...

that's when I and he realized we were being played as a pawn by our politicians...for their own political gain and started conversing and debating the technical and philosophical differences on the issues at hand without the enmity and we found alot of things to agree on.

care

...will someday tell their grandchildren that they voted for Obama. :eusa_think:

I'll be glad to tell my grandchildren that I voted for MCcain. I would hate to be associated with what is going to happen in the next four years.:eusa_whistle:

No, nothing can perhaps top the importance at this moment of this election.

This is history that can only happen once.

You are wrong--- there is still more history to be made-- a woman at the helm -- the end of sexism an America where a woman is not raped woman is raped every 6 minutes; and a woman battered every 15 seconds. Voice raised high to point out such violence and it stopped.

Violence Against Women - A Fact Sheet

Please take no disrespect in my laughing but you sound like a fellow Christian friend of mine, who i used to ym instant message with and who was also a republican....we argued for days on end and also participated in the same political board.

It took months before we both realized that we basically wanted the same things, caring for the needy along with a strong economy and strong country...

What we also came to realize was that it really was the politicians that were dividing us
care

I might buy into that except I have to wonder which politicians make liberals insist that conservatives are only conservatives because they are selfish, want to steal from the poor, and yes -downright evil. I have heard that too many times in just the last 8 years now from liberals to pretend it was some politician that made them do it. Frankly, if I belonged to a political party that insisted fellow Americans who politically disagreed were only doing so because they are evil and enemies of the nation -I would leave it instead of parroting them.

I guess you didn't notice in my post where I said that liberals and conservatives share nearly all the same goals -but frequently differ on how to best achieve them. And sometimes sharply differ on that. I've known that for quite a few decades now. But I still don't see conservatives attacking liberals on such a PERSONAL level and as human beings to the excessive degree I see liberals doing to conservatives. I've heard some conservatives get pretty nasty, but liberals still take the gold on this one.

Never heard conservatives even SUGGEST Obama was an unfit parent -much less wallow in filth by lying and saying his youngest child was the incestuous result of him screwing his oldest daughter and he and Michelle were passing that child off as their own instead. And that is just one of literally hundreds of lying smears launched about Palin on the most personal level as a woman, mother, spouse and human being. And they weren't initiated and spread by any candidate or as part of the Democrat Party campaign strategy -but the decision of private citizens to do it. Very, very few such lying rumors can be traced back to political operatives or a political party -and are nearly always the work of political idealogues instead. Kool-Aid drinkers.

So, is insisting that conservatives are conservatives because they are evil and deliberate lies of the most vicious nature considered to be a valid political tool to way too many liberals? Oh yes. But who is really their target audience with such lies? It is independents and soft Democrats who can and do switch up sides at times. They tell those lies to keep their OWN tied to the Democrat candidate in the hopes they will not be tempted to stray by a non-Democrat they recognize is a politically attractive candidate. The more politically attractive an opposing candidate, the more vicious and filthy the lies. But it wasn't the party or politicians who made the liberal whackos at the DailyKos make up the lie, but their own personal decision to do it. And felt justified in doing it because they were "noble" liberals and Palin was just an evil Republican anyway!

Those Republicans who felt threatened because they realized Obama was a politically attractive candidate who could potentially steal off soft Republicans are the ones who spread the lies about Obama being a Muslim. But at least initially they had reason to suspect it might be true given the fact his father WAS a Muslim and Obama attended a Muslim school as a child when he lived in Kenya. It didn't come out of left field entirely. Liberals who recognized Palin was a politically attractive candidate claimed she condoned her husband's sexual abuse of her own daughter by covering it up and foisting off her husband's child with his own daughter as her own! Oh gee, not exactly in the same league, is it?

This one won't...

I'll basically be saying something along the lines of...
"At least grandpa had the proper wisdom and foresight to vote against the worst President in US history. Now sorry children, grandpa's 5 minute break is over. Back to work under the totalitarian control system as an engineer so I can earn the same amount as the bum sitting on the corner who just pissed on himself."

^A regular Nostradamus :lol:

And, how many who voted for Obama will admit they voted for him? I'm sorry, I am worried.
My big disappointment is that the Republicans could not come up with a better candidate.

Good thing they sorted that out. :rofl:

Forum List

Back