I wonder how many McCain voters...

...will someday tell their grandchildren that they voted for Obama. :eusa_think:

I don't know about that. But I was really glad my son was there to pull that lever with us. I hope he doesn't ever forget what that was like.

And more than that, I hope Obama will be a great president; not just a great black president.

...will someday tell their grandchildren that they voted for Obama. :eusa_think:

Welcome Back Kotter!

My 13 year old daughter and I watched all the election coverage tonight, she had some worksheets on the electoral process to do, and has to write down each state's numbers from the election. We even switched to Comedy Central to watch The Daily Show, it was live, and it was GREAT!

I'm glad she is old enough to appreciate this!

Welcome Back Kotter!

My 13 year old daughter and I watched all the election coverage tonight, she had some worksheets on the electoral process to do, and has to write down each state's numbers from the election. We even switched to Comedy Central to watch The Daily Show, it was live, and it was GREAT!

I'm glad she is old enough to appreciate this!

I know I will never forget this day.

And I doubt any other election can ever top it.

I'm thrilled, like Echo, that my 14 year old is old enough to understand the importance of this election and that she participated in it by helping me work on Obama's campaign!

I'm thrilled, like Echo, that my 14 year old is old enough to understand the importance of this election and that she participated in it by helping me work on Obama's campaign!

OK help me here----what is the importanceof this election ?

I'm truly happy for President-Elect Obama. As I stated earlier, He has done us proud. I know I will be critical of just about everything he does, but that does not change the enormous amount of respect i have for what he accomplished tonight.

That said, I cannot help but be even more proud of McCain. His concession speech was nothing short of remarkable. I feel saddened by the fact that a man that has served his country since he was 17 years old will now merely become a footnote in history as the man that lost to President Obama. He deserves better than this. I salute Senator John S. McCain III and look forward to his continued service in the US Senate.

Robby--you're 17 for Christ's sake. Aren't you peaking a bit early in life ?

what situation do you suppose could top this election?

Obama not only has won the popular vote by at least a 3 million vote margin he's won the Electoral college by a wide margin as well

This is a mandate by the country that overwhelmingly the PEOPLE wanted Obama as their president. He didn't win the vote by states traditionally Democratic plus one Republican state.

he took back IA, CO, NV, FL, VA, IN, and possibly NC

That is HUGE! that's an even wider margin than Clinton won and apparently the popular vote margin of victory hasn't been seen since LBJ!

he IS the people's president!

eta:

You're an idiot if you actually don't know what the importance of this election is.

Less than 50 years ago Barack Obama wouldn't have been able to sit at the same counter as me and now he's the POTUS!

Last edited:

For one thing, it was won fair and square.

For another thing, a man we believe in won an election that so many of you never thought he could.

And last, we had a candidate that inspired so many to get out and vote like never before.

I'm truly happy for President-Elect Obama. As I stated earlier, He has done us proud. I know I will be critical of just about everything he does, but that does not change the enormous amount of respect i have for what he accomplished tonight.

That said, I cannot help but be even more proud of McCain. His concession speech was nothing short of remarkable. I feel saddened by the fact that a man that has served his country since he was 17 years old will now merely become a footnote in history as the man that lost to President Obama. He deserves better than this. I salute Senator John S. McCain III and look forward to his continued service in the US Senate.

I agree that his concession speech was remarkable and he gets my credit for that.

John Sidney McCain III is a great man and hopefully now he will be able to go back to the man he wants to be in the U.S Senate.

I'm as happy about this win as I was when Kelly Clarkson won American Idol in 2002! :lol:

Forum List

Back