I won the lottery of life, I am English.

Hello to everyone, I’m here t to make new friends and discuss topical political news.
After a career working for the British government i am a tired civil servant. Living in London I think I have a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the U.K.
Great...When’s the new remix of Revolver?
Welcome. I hope you wash that finger often, and I always wanted to know who Emerson, Lake, and Palmer wrote their song Lucky Man about.

You should blog about your experiences in govt. It's usually the civil servants who make it all work, no matter how diligently the politicians try and screw it all up.
Lucky Man died.

No! The “Lucky Man” that the song was composed about died before the man who wrote the song died. ;)
Listen, buster. You might as well get this clear from the start: When Old Lady gives you a cup of tea, you thank her and throw it in the potted plant if you don't care for tea. You don't ask for buttered biscuits or a cup of coffee. And you DON'T say stupid shit just to poke sticks at her. She is a venerable Liberal Queen on this flippin' board and no one who gives her a hard time survives.
Word to the wise.
Yes excuse my poor judgment in asking for a buttered tea cake, I should have asked for jam on it as well.
Of course, as every Englishman was taught “the lady is always right, and should be treated as a lady!”
But when a lady doesn’t behave like a lady she isn’t expected to be treated as such! :)
Haven't we met somewhere before?

We may have, Ive been around a long time on various forums since the noughties.

I like that Chuck Norris pic! He used to kick the shit out of all the Asian Japanese in the movies And in real
Life.

Hello to everyone, I’m here t to make new friends and discuss topical political news.
After a career working for the British government i am a tired civil servant. Living in London I think I have a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the U.K.
Welcome to the Jungle images (45).jpeg

From flyover country, land of the Deplorable. Where we love our country, our guns, our internal combustion toys, and our V8 grocery getters.

I like that Chuck Norris pic! He used to kick the shit out of all the Asian Japanese in the movies And in real
Life.

As an ex martial artist I can respect the man. Having read his autobiography I know his history in learning a form of Tae Kwon Do.
Chuck is a different sort of bloke that you come across in a do jo, I am a light middle weight with a normal bone density, Chuck however is a different build. He is of a few that I’ve encountered with a flexible large bone density. To which I deem indestructible and hard to hurt guys.
His natural athleticism and mental character would have got him to the top of any career.
At one time he owned the biggest martial artist academy in the US, only to lose it in failed business management.

I remember seeing chuck Norris walking down the street and a group of Japanese were walking his way They look like martial artist some sumo wrestlers..

Chuck told them he didn’t want no issues..
one jap tried to swing at chuck and leaped in the air extending his leg, knocking the jap out. The others ran away like cowards.

I remember seeing chuck Norris walking down the street and a group of Japanese were walking his way They look like martial artist some sumo wrestlers..

Chuck told them he didn’t want no issues..
one jap tried to swing at chuck and leaped in the air extending his leg, knocking the jap out. The others ran away like cowards.

Of course Chuck feared no one in his younger days and would have relished that encounter as a treat for the day.
He of course had especially made jeans with a wide gusset so he could leap around and do high kicks.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Brit

Welcome. I hope you wash that finger often, and I always wanted to know who Emerson, Lake, and Palmer wrote their song Lucky Man about.

You should blog about your experiences in govt. It's usually the civil servants who make it all work, no matter how diligently the politicians try and screw it all up.

In the civil service one signs a contract of secrecy, good God man, I’m not an American that lets secrets go for peanuts. :)

Ian Fleming managed to get around some of that. And why, not; the Russian already know all the is to know, might as well tell everybody else, too.

Actually I meant John Le Carre, but Fleming was good, too. And Daniel Silva.

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to the forum my neighbor LOL, but what do you think of the royal family? are they going to fall? it's not like before anyway I hate them for the way they all treated Diana and they are behind the failure of Brexit, I think

Hello, and welcome to the forum my neighbor LOL, but what do you think of the royal family? are they going to fall? it's not like before anyway I hate them for the way they all treated Diana and they are behind the failure of Brexit, I think

They are headlines all over the world.

Who wants to stop that? People love a good scandal.

Relieves the tedium of Brexit.

No the fault lays at the feet of a demented woman who trusted an Egyptian to look after her safety, the french driver was drunk and trying to evade the paparazzi in pursuit of the Mercedes.

Should never have given that car crash of an interview.

Beatrice was involved in setting it up.

Beatrice can’t even tie her own shoelaces up by herself. Of all the Royals she is the stupidest, the next to her for that title is Prince Harry.

By the way, the proper spelling is Neighbour, not how the Americans spell it.
(It gives you away darling)

Last edited:

Actually the tedium of Brexit has taken a back seat for the moment, stopping a Marxist, Bullshitting, mad, pensioner be Prime minister is top priority.

In the civil service one signs a contract of secrecy, good God man, I’m not an American that lets secrets go for peanuts. :)

Ian Fleming managed to get around some of that. And why, not; the Russian already know all the is to know, might as well tell everybody else, too.

Actually I meant John Le Carre, but Fleming was good, too. And Daniel Silva.

Actually you’ve caught me out! At the moment I’m halfway through a story, I’ve been writing for a few years now. My style is fiction, but with a sting in the tail for my victim.

Actually the tedium of Brexit has taken a back seat for the moment, stopping a Marxist, Bullshitting, mad, pensioner be Prime minister is top priority.

I'm glad you brought that up.

He likes damson jam.

No the fault lays at the feet of a demented woman who trusted an Egyptian to look after her safety, the french driver was drunk and trying to evade the paparazzi in pursuit of the Mercedes.

Agree, to a certain extent.

I never understood the mad dashing around on that fateful night.

Why didn't they stay put in the Ritz? Knowing the Paparazzi was lying in wait all over Paris.

Forum List

Back