Nov 17, 2007
I wish we had a guy like Howard Beale around today

[youtube]NfGdbFh6cSI&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]WINDtlPXmmE&feature[/youtube]

I wish I was a fish...

The%20Incredible%20Mr.%20Limpet.jpg

limpet.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah closest thing we have is Glenn Beck.

really?

beck strikes me as unhinged not righteously angry

he's not though.. just listen to him.. although I remember he once said he was a "sick twisted freak." :lol:

Did you ever listen to him in his early TV days? He's a character that's developed over time into whatever he think his listener base wants to hear.

He's a TV personality. He's selling you his attitude, just like any other media personality is.

I've listened to the guy for long enough to know that he's an obvious walking contradiction.

We on the right can do better than that. We don't need a stupid ass figurehead.

really?

beck strikes me as unhinged not righteously angry

he's not though.. just listen to him.. although I remember he once said he was a "sick twisted freak." :lol:

Did you ever listen to him in his early TV days? He's a character that's developed over time into whatever he think his listener base wants to hear.

He's a TV personality. He's selling you his attitude, just like any other media personality is.

I've listened to the guy for long enough to know that he's an obvious walking contradiction.

I hate to break it to you Paulie. But as a ex Republican I'd have to say no the right can't do better. That is exactly why I am a ex Republican.

I hate to break it to you Paulie. But as a ex Republican I'd have to say no the right can't do better. That is exactly why I am a ex Republican.

So you left the party. Does that change your ideology? Because as a rightie, I CAN do better than Beck. Like I said, we don't need figureheads. That's weakness.

I know what I want. I don't need a douche on TV helping me out.

Actually as I aged and got older I realized the party ( the Republican party) had been sold to me by mostly my parents and pastor at church. And apparently they had no real clue as to what they were backing.

You see I am a devoted follower of Christs . Always have been always will be with God's grace. As a youth when it came time for me to register to vote, Reagan was running against Carter and my Pastor and my parents were fond of long lectures about how we should vote for the party that most closely resembled our Christian values. According to them that was Reagan and the Republican party. So I signed up as a Republican.

But then right after his second term began I started to take a look at what Reagan was really saying and doing. Cutting social security benefits for children whose parents were dead. Cutting taxes for the wealthy while running up our budget deficit by 4.5 trillion dollars. Calling for the end of all social programs. He and Nancy consulting astrologers about the presidents plans. Money for the military limitless under Reagan but social programs to help the really needy expendable. On and on Reagans sins went. The more I looked at what he was doing the more I realized the man didn't have anything in common with the teachings of Christ.

Pretty much the first Bush jr. Reagan had more in common with Bush Jr than Jr's own father did . George SR at least seems a pretty moral man.

Anyhoo, Once I saw the very unchristlike behavior of Reagan I left the party becoming a independent. Now I get to have pretty interesting conversations with my pastor and parents each election.

Like which is better? To vote for a man that says he is against abortion but never does anything to reduce the number of abortions? Or to vote for a man that realizes you cannot control what others do but we can work to help pregnant women so they don't feel they must abort their baby. Better yet we can teach young women to not get pregnant. Which is better?

You know what my parents , nor my pastor would ever admit it. Probably still voted for McCain the last election. ( they wouldn't admit it because they all thought Palin was a joke and wouldn't want to be made fun of ) But they are starting to come around. Bush helped that way. It's hard to pretend Bush Jr even remotely resembled a Christian even for my parents and childhood pastor.

I wish I had toilet seats made of gold, 5 full bathrooms, a huge house complete with formal dining room, parlor, and Victorian farmhouse design, and about 800 acres with river frontage, sub irrigated alfalfa fields, and about 10 miles from the nearest county road.

Forum List

Back