"I will repeal Obamacare" Mitt Romney

Greenbeard said:
Again, that's not a distinction the piece is drawing in those quotes.

Regardless, the principle that residents of a state have control over insurance regulation in the state doesn't seem to jibe with the conservative push (rhetorical push, at least) to use federal power to strip states of the authority to regulate insurance products sold in their states.

Does your paycheck stop if the SCOTUS rules Obamacare unconstitutional?

Mine doesn't. I'm a bit differnt than you. I 've got mine and I DO give a damn about other Americans.. You don't.

Yes, yes....we always come back to the personal attacks when the moment is reached where a liberal figures out he's been cornered.

I don't think Zander's a liberal. But I didn't take offense, thanks.

I was involved in fighting against him, and romneycare, in my home state of MA years back when he was getting it implimented. I dislike Romney for Romneycare but in all our dealings with people who worked for/with him I never got that impression.

He was trying to go after the freeloaders but his means were not justified by the ends in my opinion.

All I know for certain is that I am POSITIVE obama will try to figure out a way to force us into it if he is re-elected.

Yeah... seems like a toss-up to me. Obama has at least been against the mandate, and conceded to it as a 'compromise' - one he likely now regrets making. Romney actually implemented it.

Don't get me wrong. I see very little to be gained from an Obama re-election. But I see little or no difference in Romney and refuse to reward Republicans with my vote for offering up a virtual clone of the sitting president. I'll vote Libertarian or independent and send a message. It may be a message lost to the wind - but it might not. It might be heard, and that possibility is completely nullified if I endorse status-quo politics by voting for Romney. All I'm saying then is 'more please'.

That is the frustrating thing about these never ending election cycles. They suck up all your attention and take you away from other things. I don't see conservatives running for the city council where I live or the school boards. I make people mad when I ask...where are the conservatives when it comes to LOCAL POLITICS.

At the national level, I see little difference between the crooks on the left and the crooks on the right.

Health care plans go back to Teddy Roosevelt in the late 1800's if not earlier. In fact, that's when Germany began her plan, Bismarck was afraid of the lure of communism so he got a jump on it and institutited a health plan in Germany. Quick and easy. But we are a democracy and things are not quick and easy. Our laws have to satisfy both liberals and conservatives and so our laws are at times a mish-mosh, complicated, a bundle of compromises, and often fail to do the job. But if they get passed, then with time they are improved and made more palatable. Social Security was passed in 1935, and is still being worked on but is much improved with numerous changes over the years. America will have a health plan someday if this one fails but it will take years to smooth it out.
I think the Republican health plan is "Don't Get Sick."

Health care plans go back to Teddy Roosevelt in the late 1800's if not earlier. In fact, that's when Germany began her plan, Bismarck was afraid of the lure of communism so he got a jump on it and institutited a health plan in Germany. Quick and easy. But we are a democracy and things are not quick and easy. Our laws have to satisfy both liberals and conservatives and ...

Also, and more importantly in my view, we have constitutional limitations on our government that at least slow down this kind of encroachment. It not only dampens the blow of populism movements and fascism, it protects the minority from the 'tyranny of the majority'. I'll take that over 'quick and easy' any day.

Health care plans go back to Teddy Roosevelt in the late 1800's if not earlier. In fact, that's when Germany began her plan, Bismarck was afraid of the lure of communism so he got a jump on it and institutited a health plan in Germany. Quick and easy. But we are a democracy and things are not quick and easy. Our laws have to satisfy both liberals and conservatives and so our laws are at times a mish-mosh, complicated, a bundle of compromises, and often fail to do the job. But if they get passed, then with time they are improved and made more palatable. Social Security was passed in 1935, and is still being worked on but is much improved with numerous changes over the years. America will have a health plan someday if this one fails but it will take years to smooth it out.
You are absolutely correct. The GOP plan does not address the huge and growing number of uninsured but rather focuses on cost reduction. Unfortunately, they have chosen to do this via tort reform and promoting competition across state lines, plus a number of vague suggestions about empowering individuals and businesses. The problem is that the GOP plan will have little impact on the current cost of healthcare and even less on the increasing cost.

In addition, the operation of health insurance companies and torts are regulated by the states not the federal government which are sure to raise constitutional issues. With the GOP stand on federal infringement on states rights, I think it doubtful they could pass their plan even if they had control of congress.

Last edited:

of course that is perfectly stupid and 100% liberal

Republican plan is capitalism to make health care 20% as expensive as it now.

1) Vouchers so you spend your own money. Then you spend it carefully. This is over a liberals head of course

2) competition: Health insurance has not been very good. This is because liberals made competition illegal!

Imagine someone who jogs for fun and someone who races in life and death competition? Who would be a faster runner? Now you understand competiton and how it makes us better. Not so hard was it? I know, still over a liberals head.

2) competition: Health insurance has not been very good.

Competition requires a level playing field between competitors. At the very least, each should be playing by the same set of rules if they're operating in the same market (i.e. they should be subject to the same regulatory requirements). That is absolutely not the Republican plan.

2) competition: Health insurance has not been very good.

Competition requires a level playing field between competitors.

No, it doesn't.

At the very least, each should be playing by the same set of rules if they're operating in the same market (i.e. they should be subject to the same regulatory requirements). That is absolutely not the Republican plan.

Probably not. But then, it's not the Democrat's plan either. Corporatism, uber alles.

But then, it's not the Democrat's plan either. Corporatism, uber alles.

of course BO took over the entire industry for corporatist purposes while Republicans want capitalism free of corporatist fascist regulation in all industries

Last edited:
Competition requires a level playing field between competitors.

of course all agree? Did someone disagree??? I wonder why you forgot to say whom??? Are you fooling yourself??

Yes, the Republican party and their surrogates disagree. Their proposals for greater "competition" rely on creating unlevel playing fields and subjecting different competitors to different sets of rules instead of the uniform rules that are obviously required.

But then, it's not the Democrat's plan either. Corporatism, uber alles.

of course BO took over the entire industry for corporatist purposes while Republicans want capitalism free of regulation in all industries

Ha!... no.

They don't.

They want the same shit Democrats want.

You two-party suckers get everything you deserve.

as someone independent of brains you don't know that BO loves BO care while Romney has promised to repeal it. Would you call that the same????

Yes, the Republican party and their surrogates disagree. Their proposals for greater "competition" rely on creating unlevel playing fields and subjecting different competitors to different sets of rules instead of the uniform rules that are obviously required.

why so afraid to back up your lies??

why so afraid to back up your lies??

?

I already posted the legislative language--in this very thread (post #67)--that will make it into any Republican health legislation that claims to create a more "competitive" market. It's the same language that was in the Republican alternative to the ACA in 2009 and the Shadegg bill before that. Indeed, I took the time to explain it to you in that post, in easy-to-understand words even.

Under those proposals, health insurance plans being sold in a state don't compete on a level playing field and according to a uniform set of rules. They compete against each other according to as many as 51 different sets of rules, varying from plan to plan.

Under those proposals, health insurance plans being sold in a state don't compete on a level playing field and according to a uniform set of rules. They compete against each other according to as many as 51 different sets of rules, varying from plan to plan.

too stupid!!! obviously for real competition in health care or toothpaste you need a national or international market place. This is something (free trade) that is Republican, not Democratic.

Then what?

See: Snapshots: Health Care Spending in the United States & Selected OECD Countries - Kaiser Family Foundation

The Democrats pushed health care reform for a reason, the cost to individuals, business and government was putting a drag on the economy and individuals stood to lose everything they worked years for when a catastrophic illness or injury occurred.

Romney thinks the President is part of the legislative branch, and people harp about Obama when he chastises the USSC!

too stupid!!! obviously for real competition in health care or toothpaste you need a national or international market place. This is something (free trade) that is Republican, not Democratic.

Neat. A national marketplace requires a set of national rules. Attempting to open a national market while simultaneously retaining a balkanized system of insurance regulations and leaving regulation at the level of individual states (as the Republicans are proposing) is a recipe for disaster.

Neat. A national marketplace requires a set of national rules. Attempting to open a national market while simultaneously retaining a balkanized system of insurance regulations (as the Republicans are proposing) is a recipe for disaster.

too stupid!! Republicans are proposing as much capitalism as they can in a nation where elections are decided by independents. But, 100% of the energy for interstate competition is Republican.

BO loves BO care while Romney has promised to repeal it. Would you call that the same????

Romney will promise pretty much anything. But the fact remains the he is the only leader who's successfully forced Robamneycare on citizens.

SUCKERS!!!!!

Forum List

Back