I will NEVER go to a nursing home.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Lawsuit filed against owner of 57 California nursing homes

LONG BEACH >> A class action lawsuit was filed last week against the owner of almost 60 skilled nursing facilities throughout California, alleging fraud, unfair business practices and violation of resident rights by intentionally misrepresenting the quality of services and care provided.

The law firm of Garcia, Artigliere and Medby filed the suit against Shlomo Rechnitz, owner of Brius Management and Brius LLC, who owns 57 skilled nursing facilities in a number of cities, including Downey, Alhambra, Gardena, Hawthorne, Inglewood, Los Angeles, Norwalk, Pasadena and San Gabriel.

The suit was filed after a three- to four-year investigation that found the company’s facilities are chronically understaffed, said Stephen M. Garcia, the lead attorney who filed the case. The suit also alleges that Rechnitz and his corporate entities hid their history of violating nursing industry laws and regulations from patients, prospective patients, and that he chronically understaffed and underfunded the facilities to enhance his profits.

How is this guy still in business???

More:

The family of a 57-year-old nursing home resident who committed suicide last year by lighting herself on fire in public has sued the state’s largest nursing home owner over the woman’s gruesome death in suburban Los Angeles.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accuses businessman Shlomo Rechnitz and several companies of operating a facility in South Pasadena that endangered patients and allowed mentally ill residents to languish in order to “maximize profits.”

South Pasadena Convalescent Hospital has created friction in the suburban Los Angeles enclave. Police routinely are called to the nursing home, which was decertified in January following four failed inspections. It is the third home owned by Shlomo Rechnitz to be stripped of certification. Reported and narrated by Marjie Lundstrom. Video by Paul Kitagaki. Produced by Brian Nguyen.
The facility, Mission Grove Healthcare & Wellness Centre, situated in the city’s historic downtown district, has been an ongoing source of public controversy. South Pasadena police say they have been burdened by calls for service in and around the nursing home, often related to criminal activity by residents.

Courtney Cargill’s suicide last November capped a tumultuous year for Rechnitz and the nursing home, which failed four consecutive inspections in 2014 by health officials.

Formerly known as South Pasadena Convalescent Hospital, the facility was one of three California nursing homes owned by Rechnitz to be decertified by the federal government between October and January – stripping all three of their vital Medicare and Medi-Cal funding.

Rechnitz, 44, has quickly become California’s most influential nursing home owner, controlling 1 in every 14 skilled nursing beds across the state, according to a Sacramento Bee investigation published in June. His mushrooming network of 81 facilities, as of March, included Roseville Point Health & Wellness Centre in Placer County and 25 more facilities in Northern California, according to a list his company provided.

Rechnitz’s spokeswoman, Sallie Hofmeister, declined Wednesday to specify the current extent of his California nursing home holdings.

In the past year, his facilities have become the focus of state and federal scrutiny and a flurry of citations and fines for alleged poor quality care. The South Pasadena facility, for instance, was hit with 24 citations in March and April and $195,500 in fines from the California Department of Public Health. State inspectors identified a host of problems, including the facility's alleged failure to properly supervise Cargill, a resident known by staff to be suicidal with a history of schizophrenia, anxiety disorder and involuntary psychiatric holds.

Read more here: California’s largest nursing home owner sued

I hate to break it to you, Gracie, but we at USMB came to a decision, and we're putting you in a nursing home. In Saudi Arabia.

I hate to break it to you, Gracie, but we at USMB came to a decision, and we're putting you in a nursing home. In Saudi Arabia.
Good luck tryin', darlin'. I'm packin' ya know. And I have a good aim. ;)

Every woman Deserves to be at the helpless mercy of other, younger, women in a torture.. ahem.. etirementment home.

what goes around, comes around, you FAGGOTS.

I'm gonna aim right at Erin's pecker that will travel through Steve first. Talk about double screwed. :lol:

I'm gonna aim right at Erin's pecker that will travel through Steve first. Talk about double screwed. :lol:

I thought Steve wearing a condom would help. Now that I think about it maybe a jockstrap would have been more prudent.

We agreed that you wouldn't tell her until it was time. Now she has something else to add to her endless list of things to bitch about.

We agreed that you wouldn't tell her until it was time. Now she has something else to add to her endless list of things to bitch about.
:tongue-44:
8376315-Naughty-emoticon-sticking-out-his-tongue-Stock-Vector-smiley-face-tongue.jpg

It's not only nursing homes, Gracie. Hospitals aren't much better. If you're at their mercy, you're gonna be neglected or mistreated in most cases. But yeah, nursing homes are hell holes.

It's not only nursing homes, Gracie. Hospitals aren't much better. If you're at their mercy, you're gonna be neglected or mistreated in most cases. But yeah, nursing homes are hell holes.
Hospitals...you can walk out of or crawl out of. They can't really stop you. Trust me. I know because I have done it twice. A nursing home? It's jail.

Forum List

Back