I will cut the Deficit by HALF in my first term

"The first six months of '09 will be very painful, the second six months will just be painful, and 2010 will be uncomfortable," Moody's Economy.com chief economist Mark Zandi says.

bushvsobamapolicyimpact.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I was one of those people who thought George W. Bush would be an innocuous President.

I supported his "no nation building" stance and brand of conservatism until it became clear that his administration was irresponsible.

This chart basically shows that the current administration hasn't really increased new spending so much as continued all the old spending, along with spending all that money to keep our economy from driving off a cliff.

From paying for the donut hole in Medicare Part D to putting the wars on the books to extending the Bush tax cuts, Obama continues to put his stamp on subsidizing the previous administration's stuff, to the tune of about 75% of all the money he's spent in the last 3+ years.

I understand the outrage at the lie that Obama made, but I can't exactly say that Obama started spending money out of nowhere or that he was doing it with enjoyment.

I kept wanting the wars to be on the books under the previous administration, but they kept up deceptive accounting practices by always going back to ask for another "emergency extension" that never counted in the yearly deficit tallies. Obama put the wars on the books and all of a sudden our yearly deficit picture looked about twice as bad as it did before.

As an Independent swing-voter, I wanna know how McCain/Palin would've done any different than this guy? Can someone answer that for me?

Your post is a diversion because it never happened obama is president he took the job and failed. No amount of what if will change the facts from what they are. Man up bitches OBAMA IS PRESIDENT NOW AND IS A FAILURE.

bUSH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BUT BUSH BLAH BLAH BLAH damn it people bush is gone time to placing the blame at the feet of that son of a bitch in the white house.

I was one of those people who thought George W. Bush would be an innocuous President.

I supported his "no nation building" stance and brand of conservatism until it became clear that his administration was irresponsible.

This chart basically shows that the current administration hasn't really increased new spending so much as continued all the old spending, along with spending all that money to keep our economy from driving off a cliff.

From paying for the donut hole in Medicare Part D to putting the wars on the books to extending the Bush tax cuts, Obama continues to put his stamp on subsidizing the previous administration's stuff, to the tune of about 75% of all the money he's spent in the last 3+ years.

I understand the outrage at the lie that Obama made, but I can't exactly say that Obama started spending money out of nowhere or that he was doing it with enjoyment.

I kept wanting the wars to be on the books under the previous administration, but they kept up deceptive accounting practices by always going back to ask for another "emergency extension" that never counted in the yearly deficit tallies. Obama put the wars on the books and all of a sudden our yearly deficit picture looked about twice as bad as it did before.

As an Independent swing-voter, I wanna know how McCain/Palin would've done any different than this guy? Can someone answer that for me?

McCain sang, "bomb bomb bomb........bomb bomb Iran". I'm pretty sure he would have been way different. Certainly, he never would have taken out Bin Laden.

Bush's legacy is way, way worse than that chart suggests. I was looking up the cost of taking care of a disabled person for life from the age of 25. Depending on the disability, it could be tween 1.5 million to 5 million. Modern medicine is expensive. Around 50,000 people have been injured in Iraq. How many require life long treatment. That's what Bush left Obama with. Republicans will assign that cost to Obama because they are dishonest fucks.

Your post is a diversion because it never happened obama is president he took the job and failed. No amount of what if will change the facts from what they are. Man up bitches OBAMA IS PRESIDENT NOW AND IS A FAILURE.

No, it's not a diversion, it's a totally fair question I'm asking and I find that numbnuts on both sides can easily try to deflect from the facts I've put forward, which is why I kind of can't stand either side, particularly the self-righteousness of so-called conservatives who went on a fucking shopping spree and asked China to pay for a good deal of it.

Fucking false outrage, that's all any of the morons who belong to extremes can come up with because folks like yourself don't want to have to deal with the reality that elected Republicans in Washington aren't any better.

I do remember there being a debt package that was about to get passed last year, but then the Tea Party fucktards decided to go with the smallest package available instead of getting Obama to sign something more substantial.

John Boehner had a deal with the White House on what, a nearly $4 trillion package? And what did the Tea Party pass, $1.7?

I'm sorry, but I have no faith in extremes. We elect extremes and over a year in I can't say how the Tea Party has done anything different, either except re-neg from their own fucking commitment to pass something substantial.

I'm still a fiscal conservative looking this way and that way at extremes who act like retards and continue to blame each other rather than getting something done.

bUSH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BUT BUSH BLAH BLAH BLAH damn it people bush is gone time to placing the blame at the feet of that son of a bitch in the white house.

Blame Obama for what Republicans did because he's in the White House? Yea, that makes sense.

What I said previously:

Bush's legacy is way, way worse than that chart suggests. I was looking up the cost of taking care of a disabled person for life from the age of 25. Depending on the disability, it could be tween 1.5 million to 5 million. Modern medicine is expensive. Around 50,000 people have been injured in Iraq. How many require life long treatment. That's what Bush left Obama with. Republicans will assign that cost to Obama because they are dishonest fucks.

Thank God you came along. "IT NEVER HAPPENED!" All those thousands of Americans were NEVER injured. We woke up and were in Dallas. Thank God.

I googled 2008 predictions first hit:

capital spending is expected to increase a lackluster 2.6%. The only saving grace will be net exports, which will add 0.9 percentage point to growth. Global Insight forecasts that the U.S. economy will rebound in the second half,

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Economic predictions for 2008 | NowPublic News Coverage Economic predictions for 2008 | NowPublic News Coverage

Admittedly I wasn't really paying close attention then. When my business really tanked I began to watch the news a little closer. But i do remember in 08 people predicting a slight recovery before a hard second dip.

Ultimately it matters not. What matters now is that we are still stagnant and VERY little progress is being made. And that has zip to do with boooooooooooooooosh.

There is nothing Obama could have doen to make things much better, ease the misery a bit for now is all.
He also did nothing to make it any worse than what was already in motion.

If he had done what was needed to be done things would have gotten worse for most, but that is the price we need to pay for the longterm good of the USA.

- $ 5,000,000,000

".....He also did nothing to make it any worse...."

Your great, great grandchild's pocket change?

capital spending is expected to increase a lackluster 2.6%. The only saving grace will be net exports, which will add 0.9 percentage point to growth. Global Insight forecasts that the U.S. economy will rebound in the second half,

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Economic predictions for 2008 | NowPublic News Coverage Economic predictions for 2008 | NowPublic News Coverage

Admittedly I wasn't really paying close attention then. When my business really tanked I began to watch the news a little closer. But i do remember in 08 people predicting a slight recovery before a hard second dip.

Ultimately it matters not. What matters now is that we are still stagnant and VERY little progress is being made. And that has zip to do with boooooooooooooooosh.

You weren't paying close attention then. One might infer you don't give a shit about our country or other American citizens; you only pay attention when it effects you. Yep, you're a Republican.

BTW, if you weren't paying attention, why offer the opinion that our current economic situation was not a result of Bush&Co's incompetence?

Last edited:

You weren't paying close attention then. One might infer you don't give a shit about our country or other American citizens; you only pay attention when it effects you. Yep, you're a Republican.

BTW, if you weren't paying attention, why offer the opinion that our current economic situation was not a result of Bush&Co's incompetence?

I never regret negging you.

And yes like 99% of people I start paying attention when it hits home.

Now go part some water with Obama jackass.

I seriously doubt that 80% of the voters who voted for Obama had any idea what he intended to do.
All they knew was that he wasn't Bush
All they knew was he wasn't McCain
All they knew is he was black....This one you can easily move to the top of the list.

Media saw to it NO ONE knew whom Obama was...they all followed Chrissy Mathews' 'TINGLE' for BDS they invented. Obama wasn't Republican.

Obama was blackmailed into extending the Bush tax cuts. Republicans were willing to see millions of Americans suffer losing their unemployment which they were only getting because of Republican policies. Even the Christian Science Monitor has reported on this several times. And you can't get much more right wing. Only, they actually practice Christianity.

No one, not even Obama understood how bad the mess Republicans gave him was. Any honest person understands that.

Every honest person understands that Obama didn't have the competence of character to deal with the problems he inherited and that he still doesn't.

Except that he's done a remarkable job. At least you admit he "inherited" the mess from someone. That "someone" would be the worst possible person to turn to for a "fix". Hmmm, and who was that "someone"?

Obama did nothing to address the central problem he inherited, the credit crunch that resulted from the financial crisis and caused the recession and which still inhibits economic growth. Had it not be for Bernanke, we might still be in recession, but the Fed's policies are risky and cannot be sustained for long. What has been lacking since Obama was elected is effective leadership from the WH in dealing with the nation's economic problems.

What I said previously:

Thank God you came along. "IT NEVER HAPPENED!" All those thousands of Americans were NEVER injured. We woke up and were in Dallas. Thank God.

It's a fucking devirsion bush is gone and obama never made one attempt to even try and fix the economy 3 years after Bush and we are wrose than when obama took office

And Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING he's tried to do since 2/4/2010, luckily he's done enough, barely. Feg lying, cheating, incompetent a-hole Pubs and their silly dupes....

They just want power again at any cost to set up ANOTHER cronyism/deregulation boom for insiders, bust for the rest- and get us a banana republic/oligarchy. The idiot/swine.

Forum List

Back