I went to the Packer 49'r game

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
Flew from Idaho to SF to watch the game. Had great seats. Koepnernick is a lot faster on the field than he appears on TV.
Other than that. Alot of fans stink. Something like a thousand thrown out of the game, another hundred arrested.
Fan next to me tried intimidating Packer fans telling them to shut up and within 2 minutes security was there telling him to knock it off or he would be watching the game on tv.
Parking lot resembled a Twin Falls County parking lot at the Filer fair grounds (whadda dump)
Outside of the stadium it was a dump as far as I was concerned.

Because NFL tickets are so expensive, only fat, middle aged, sports wanna' be losers can afford to go on a regular basis.

That's NOT directed at YOU Tyrone! :D

Some "fans" seem to think they're part of a gang and look for every opportunity to harass anyone who dares to wear another teams "colors".

And it's not just at NFL games either:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPuc_PwI06k]Fan Violence | NFL Fan Fights[/ame]

Anaheim Stadium (Angels) is a nice place and easy to get to, it's just off the freeway.

But Dodger Stadium is in a bad neighborhood and is a dump. It's an old stadium and looks like it's about to fall down. It's called Chavez Ravine but it's right next to Echo Park where a lot of homeless people sleep and dead bodies are found in the lake there.

Because NFL tickets are so expensive, only fat, middle aged, sports wanna' be losers can afford to go on a regular basis.

That's NOT directed at YOU Tyrone! :D

Some "fans" seem to think they're part of a gang and look for every opportunity to harass anyone who dares to wear another teams "colors".

And it's not just at NFL games either:

Fan Violence | NFL Fan Fights

not really, I saw a lot of young fans drinking way to much. The rap style music is clearly geared to the young, and the young seem to dominate the fanship

I've been going to 'the stick' since 1958 and attending Niner games since they moved from Kezar in 1972. 'The Stick' is a dump and too many of the 'fans' really belong across the bay - many have adopted the thug persona and belong in Oakland watching the Raiders.

I still go to half of the Niner home games, though I will not attend any Raider-Niner or Eagle-Niner games - both attract a very unseemly crowd.

The contrast between 'the stick' and AT&T could not be greater. A Giants game is an absolute pleasure. Great food, great views, great fans and better weather than 'the stick', which is only a few miles south in the wind tunnel created by Mt. San Bruno.

I've been going to 'the stick' since 1958 and attending Niner games since they moved from Kezar in 1972. 'The Stick' is a dump and too many of the 'fans' really belong across the bay - many have adopted the thug persona and belong in Oakland watching the Raiders.

I still go to half of the Niner home games, though I will not attend any Raider-Niner or Eagle-Niner games - both attract a very unseemly crowd.

The contrast between 'the stick' and AT&T could not be greater. A Giants game is an absolute pleasure. Great food, great views, great fans and better weather than 'the stick', which is only a few miles south in the wind tunnel created by Mt. San Bruno.

I thought I was really going to get flamed for this. I agree I really thought the thug mentality dominated the area.

Flew from Idaho to SF to watch the game. Had great seats. Koepnernick is a lot faster on the field than he appears on TV.
Other than that. Alot of fans stink. Something like a thousand thrown out of the game, another hundred arrested.
Fan next to me tried intimidating Packer fans telling them to shut up and within 2 minutes security was there telling him to knock it off or he would be watching the game on tv.
Parking lot resembled a Twin Falls County parking lot at the Filer fair grounds (whadda dump)
Outside of the stadium it was a dump as far as I was concerned.

You sure you weren't in Oakland?

I'm going to the Warrior Game - first in years - on Monday with my two adult sons. Going to Oakland is an adventure, too few cops, too many thugs. The only reason we're going is the game is at 1:00 PM.

I look forward to the Warriors moving to San Francisco. Too bad the A's can't share AT&T with the Giants.

I thought I was really going to get flamed for this. I agree I really thought the thug mentality dominated the area.

Nope. Since there was a shooting in the parking lot at a preseason Raider Game, SF's finest have been in full view, walking, on bikes and on large and small motorcycles. 30 minutes after kickoff they clear the parking lot and the drunks, loud mouths and general assholes get a ride to City Prison. Too bad the slobs who dump their trash in the parking lot don't get that ride too.

Forum List

Back