I went to renew my firearms permit!

Yeah it was stretch.

you tried to draw a line between two things that could not be more unrelated.

If his permit denial has anything to do with any president at all, it has more to do with Clinton. Like or hate Bush it has absolutely nothing to do with him.

You tried (poorly) to link what this person went through as being a result of Bush's eavesdropping program in search of terrorists and arrests of those under suspicion. Typical.

In the words of Joe Soucheray "Liberals shouldn't try to link."

Here's an interesting site on all state laws...
Emmett, I can't find a thing in Brady nor attached to it that would prevent issue as you've layed it out here. Nothing on just "arrest", I'd have them show me.
http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/statelaws/26thedition/index.htm

The White County Probate judge actually said he could not renew my permit because there was never a disposition showing on the so called "drug" charge. I have now been to the county where it took place all those years ago, four times. I have spokw with their Probate Judge three times. He assured me in each of those occasions that he would look into the disposition of that charge and find out if or how it was disposed of. RESULT: NONE! Each time I go back, he overlooked it.

This was the first time I had ever been to the White county judge. The previous five or six times I went to Hall County where I was living at the time. Each time I was indeed asked about that charge and explained it, got my renewal and departed. Two different judges were involved over the years there.

I will update everyone on this in the future. I appreciate the input of a few of you who have sent me correspondance and assisted me with this. Indeed I thank you.

Forum List

Back