I went to my first anti-illegal immigration Protest!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
I was a little apprehension at first not knowing what to expect but it turned out fantastic. Other people were there for the first time too and I had a great time talking with people who felt the same way I did! Everybody was real nice. I was going to stay just for a few minutes but ended up staying for over 2 hours. The protest was over a freeway overpass and thousands upon thousands of people saw the signs and protesters. A lot of cars honked in approval, including a few cops going by! It was a really uplifting experience. I felt like I accomplished something.

If you really are concerned about illegal immigration you really should join in a protest. Even if you just show up and do nothing, being there is very important. Protesting accomplishes much more than a single vote or e-mail can. It influences many more people! Please don't expect other people to do it! Get involved.

Find a rally location near you. They are all over the country!
Click hear: Overpasses Amnesty Rally Locations OverpassesForAmerica

Then click the RED link "Overpass Amnesty Rally Locations" and then "read more". It will have a list of all the rallies around the country.

I would rather exert myself in a manner that could actually accomplish something. Phone banks, door to door, voting, speaking to those who are NOT LIKE MINDED. Clogging up sidewalks & streets just to "feel" good is not my thing.

I was a little apprehension at first not knowing what to expect but it turned out fantastic. Other people were there for the first time too and I had a great time talking with people who felt the same way I did! Everybody was real nice. I was going to stay just for a few minutes but ended up staying for over 2 hours. The protest was over a freeway overpass and thousands upon thousands of people saw the signs and protesters. A lot of cars honked in approval, including a few cops going by! It was a really uplifting experience. I felt like I accomplished something.

If you really are concerned about illegal immigration you really should join in a protest. Even if you just show up and do nothing, being there is very important. Protesting accomplishes much more than a single vote or e-mail can. It influences many more people! Please don't expect other people to do it! Get involved.

Then click the RED link "Overpass Amnesty Rally Locations" and then "read more". It will have a list of all the rallies around the country.

EPVoaSUSx2Q9J3C38o0k_Go%20to%20Hell%20Garfield.gif

Poor OP - doesn't know the cars were honking for them to get the hell out of the way.

hey O.P. ' get involved ' , good job as you need to start somewhere !! Do what you can do plus some of the other suggestions made by a few posters are a good idea . Vote properly , go door to door , wake people up .

I would rather exert myself in a manner that could actually accomplish something. Phone banks, door to door, voting, speaking to those who are NOT LIKE MINDED. Clogging up sidewalks & streets just to "feel" good is not my thing.

Influencing the public is very important. You are wrong. One of the main reasons the Vietnam war ended was protests and a lot of them!

EPVoaSUSx2Q9J3C38o0k_Go%20to%20Hell%20Garfield.gif

Why are you showing yourself in your mommies basement on your little phone?

Sounds like my first protest with like-minded folks who were taxed enough already. Soon, the liberals will begin to ridicule you, call you racist and stupid. And they will think of something smutty to call you and the folks your protested with.

and the food vendors are crappy...

If I can't get good Mexican food, I don't wanna go.
Tex-Mex that is...

I don't know much about Tex-Mex but since leaving Tucson, I really miss good Mexican. Now I have to make it myself but I had good teachers so its all good.
I ate a Tex-Mex tostada the other day. The dish looked like a dog vomited over a flat doughy tortilla. No lettuce, no tomato, no onion. Just a glob of unseasoned meat with white melted cheese.

I'd rather eat at Taco Bell next time.

Forum List

Back