I Went Through All of My Old Tweets and Was Horrified by What I Found

Living in a college town... you see this sort of thing all the time.
Millennial's are strikingly desensitized and socially retarded. They are rude, selfish and dripping with entitlement attitude. They simply lack common courtesies that you naturally pick up a long the way as you grow up interacting with others. Except.... they don't interact with others. Not physically. They grew up with interacting via their thumbs on a cell phone or two hand on a game controller.
My generation... the "Me generation" of the 1980's - you wouldn't thing it could get any worse with selfishness and seeing the world as "what's in it for me". But it has got worse.
I can only imagine the divorce rates 10 years from now.

LOL therapy through twitter rereads, how interesting. I tweet on occasion to our useless congress on healthcare or whatnot, CHIP for instance and wonder if there is any value? Is anyone out there? Kinda like being on these sites which I've been on for over eighteen years. But I've cut back and never take things too serious. Maturity is a interesting and rare thing, I used to think people were serious and not just nuts. LOL Me too. I have had fun making up tweets and even using a few online see link. Midcan's sense of the times is a few words. ;)

This week in Trump World

Wisdom in a few of my favorite life quotes:

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
"Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel." Jean Racine
"Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it." Ernest Holmes
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." Albert Einstein
"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced." Søren Kierkegaard
"Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile." Mark Twain
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." John W. Gardner

"There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tiny blasts of tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us." Pogo

PS I'm with Racine.

Last edited:
Eve Peyser shared, "For years, I was proud of my ability to tweet about the darkest parts of my soul—frankly divulging the chaos of my depression and suicidal tendencies online, without a twinge of shame or worry.

"I’m less in the pits than I was last year or the year before that, and looking back, those tweets of despair inspire humiliation in me, no matter how much attention they got or how many people replied telling me that I'm great and to hang in there. Deleting my past cries for help reminds of how far I’ve come since 2015—I quit drinking alcohol, got into a relationship that’s so healthy I don’t even tweet about it, and have been constantly reevaluating the disparities between whoever I actually am and my public persona. I once believed that unapologetic confessionalism would heal me, but as I reread and delete my past posts of pain and suffering, I lament my decision not to have any secrets. Suddenly, I understand the value of keeping some things to myself."

Glad she quit using liquid drugs. Though she's still a mess...

..."and have been constantly reevaluating the disparities between whoever I actually am and my public persona."

Easy Solution: Treating people the same way you like to be treated eliminates the 'cringe issue' when looking back over one's shoulder.

Peace.

Forum List

Back