I went on a shopping spree today! :)

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I feel like an elitist!

I went to J.C. Penny's today on a shopping spree! I got my daughter a new winter coat, a blanket, a pair of pants, a shirt and some silverware and two bath towels.

I spent $120.37 for all that, and it was MY OWN MONEY!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_clap:

I feel like an elitist!

I went to J.C. Penny's today on a shopping spree! I got my daughter a new winter coat, a blanket, a pair of pants, a shirt and some silverware and two bath towels.

You're not lookin' for a bail out are you there EZ?

Oh, wait... You said you used your own money...

My bad - carry on.

:rolleyes:

-Joe

Echo! Shame on you!!! You mean you did not buy your daughter a Louis Vuitton designer bag. :disbelief:
(Similiar to this - cause I have no idea what kind it was) she bought for Piper :confused:

11334946_

Damier Azur Noe - $1,060.00 (estimated price)

:eusa_think: Of coarse this could all be a rumor and she didn't buy her one at all. :rolleyes:

hey if you where a struggling hockey mom..havin to put gas in the station wagon..get hubby his 6 pack and throw some hamburger helper in the pan..im sure you would appreciate little free clothing...your just sexist

Last edited:
I feel like an elitist!

Crap. I can blow more than that on a pair of shoes. What does that make me? :(

I never seem to wear out clothing.

If I didn't have a son who wears my clothing (and destroys it) I'd never have to buy another article of clothing in my lifetime.

Most of the outerwear I buy is second hand.

Of course I live in Maine and don't have to impress people at work anymore, either.

When I was a consultant, I had to dress more fashionable.

i am not a big clothes shopper..wearing clothes doesnt wear them out..its the washing that ruins clothes...i think we should just all go nekkid.

Crap. I can blow more than that on a pair of shoes. What does that make me? :(

I KNEW this thread title would get YOUR attention, it's about SHOPPING! :lol:

Yeah, I've seen shoes at Von Maur and Neiman for $120 and over, and I just laugh, and laugh, and laugh....(and cry) :(

I tell you, I found some GOOD DEALS yesterday at Penny's, I'm nothing if not a bargain shopper!

hey if you where a struggling hockey mom..havin to put gas in the station wagon..get hubby his 6 pack and throw some hamburger helper in the pan..im sure you would appreciate little free clothing...your just sexist

I am a struggling basketball mom trying to put gas in the RAV 4 and fry up the veggie burgers in the pan, and shop occansionally at Goodwill.

I guess that makes me sexist, right? :badgrin:

my favorite salsa was on sale at the supermarket the other day. i splurged and got 2 jars. now THATS bargain shopping.

my favorite salsa was on sale at the supermarket the other day. i splurged and got 2 jars. now THATS bargain shopping.

I love sales! Kroger has this hot sauce that is just like the kind you get at BW3. It's only $2.50 a bottle (instead of the $5 they charge at BW3) and sometimes it's on sale for $1.88. If you like hot sauce, try it, I get the medium kind. I put it on EVERYTHING it's so good.

What kind of salsa do you buy? We get the Chi Chi's kind, it' my daughter's favorite.

I love sales! Kroger has this hot sauce that is just like the kind you get at BW3. It's only $2.50 a bottle (instead of the $5 they charge at BW3) and sometimes it's on sale for $1.88. If you like hot sauce, try it, I get the medium kind. I put it on EVERYTHING it's so good.

What kind of salsa do you buy? We get the Chi Chi's kind, it' my daughter's favorite.

mrs renfros. a mighty tasty raspberry salsa. when i want a regular tomato i usually get chi chi's as well.

mrs renfros. a mighty tasty raspberry salsa. when i want a regular tomato i usually get chi chi's as well.

OH man, I LOVE Ms. Renfros Jalapenos! They are the best out there imo.

Raspberry salsa?

Can't say I ever tried that. Is it sweet? Do you eat it with tort chips?

OH man, I LOVE Ms. Renfros Jalapenos! They are the best out there imo.

Raspberry salsa?

Can't say I ever tried that. Is it sweet? Do you eat it with tort chips?

yep, fairly sweet. eat it with chips and also use it to flavor chicken or to mix it in with a bowl of rice :eusa_drool: (what can i say, you gotta be creative to mix up your foods on a low budget)

and the jalapeno is quite tasty as well, but i usually get an equivalent store brand to save ~$1.20

That's why I moved to Florida! :cool:

-Joe

LOL

Here in Indiana I have friends (married couple) who go every weekend to their campground community, which is a nudist colony. Needless to say, it's not an all year round activity, winters get cold here! Guess it's all year round in Florida, eh?

I never seem to wear out clothing.

If I didn't have a son who wears my clothing (and destroys it) I'd never have to buy another article of clothing in my lifetime.

Most of the outerwear I buy is second hand.

Of course I live in Maine and don't have to impress people at work anymore, either.

When I was a consultant, I had to dress more fashionable.

i haven't bought clothes since moving here, other than a winter jacket! people sooooooooo don't give a hoot about clothes up here...really save a ton on clothes by living here!

let me ask you a question editec...

is there some cult of long bearded men in maine that i should know about....up here?

it seems as though 25% or more of the men have long hair and beards like the amish....they are not wearing any kind of special clothes like the Amish, mostly see them in jeans and flannel shirts....?

Forum List

Back