I watched Glory on MLK Jr Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best movies ever made, LOL, only if you're high school educated white trash. Please, continue movie critic. Opine on the civil war if you would because I could really use a good laugh.

Are you serious? You think it was bad? It's by far the best civil war movie and a top 5 war movie!

...and I'll glory in Gods and Generals today.
Gods and Generals?!? What a snooze fest that turkey was! "We're about to attack, but first, let's slog through twelve pages of dialog about honor and right."

yawn

Glory was a great war flick.

...and I'll glory in Gods and Generals today.

I have to agree with Nosmo. I tried to watch Gods and Generals a few times, because it looked good, but it always got too boring and I either fell a sleep or turned it off!

From what I recall, Broderick's failure in the movie was his poorly executed attempt to effect a 19th century style of speaking, or what someone thought was how they talked in the 19th century.

As for MLK day, I watched 'Youth in Revolt' which as what I guess is a teen movie goes, was quite good.

His accent was great, and Glory is one of the best movies ever made.

Definitely the best of Broderick's lineup.

His accent was Massachusetts as the way.

225px-Robert_Gould_Shaw.jpg

rgshaw-1-302x350.jpg

col_shaw.jpg

Glory.jpg

I think Broderick is about as close to Shaw in looks as it would be possible to get...barring cloning, of course.

The thing that made Shaw's story so heart wrenching was his youth and his devotion to abolition. He came from a family of die hard abolitionists.

Republican, of course.

The abolitionists were Liberals, granny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back