I watched Glory on MLK Jr Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
A good pic - except that Mathew Broderick was miscast as a Union commander. The mustache didnt make him look any older.

Played a teenage nerd a couple of years before in War Games.

And Orson Welles was in his 20s when he played an old man in Citizen Kane.

Came off credible -unlike the LOL miscasting of Broderick.

And Orson Welles was in his 20s when he played an old man in Citizen Kane.

Came off credible -unlike the LOL miscasting of Broderick.

Broderick was 27 when he played Col. Shaw. Col. Shaw was born in 1837, and was 25 when he was killed in 1863.

Oops.

Except while Broderick was 27, he looked 16.

I mean, he's 48 now, and looks barely 30.

225px-Robert_Gould_Shaw.jpg

That's the real guy.

A good pic - except that Mathew Broderick was miscast as a Union commander. The mustache didnt make him look any older.

I disagree. I thought Broderick was masterful! He grew from a kid to the end of the movie, a grizzled leader. His best role ever.

From what I recall, Broderick's failure in the movie was his poorly executed attempt to effect a 19th century style of speaking, or what someone thought was how they talked in the 19th century.

As for MLK day, I watched 'Youth in Revolt' which as what I guess is a teen movie goes, was quite good.

I disagree. I thought Broderick was masterful! He grew from a kid to the end of the movie, a grizzled leader. His best role ever.

I agree! Did they see the same movie I saw? What are they going to say next Dezel Washington wasn't macho enough for his role? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Let's remember this is not a black holiday, this is an American holiday! MLK day should be about whites and blacks coming together in joint achievement. It's not about achievements of blacks or whites separately.

Remember The Titans is a perfect movie for what the late great American MLK stood for! God Bless you MLK! You were a great American and a Great Human Being! Humanity is indebted to you!

Last edited:

The particular Union commander he was playing really was just a kid.

From what I recall, Broderick's failure in the movie was his poorly executed attempt to effect a 19th century style of speaking, or what someone thought was how they talked in the 19th century.

As for MLK day, I watched 'Youth in Revolt' which as what I guess is a teen movie goes, was quite good.

His accent was great, and Glory is one of the best movies ever made.

Definitely the best of Broderick's lineup.

His accent was Massachusetts as the way.

225px-Robert_Gould_Shaw.jpg

rgshaw-1-302x350.jpg

col_shaw.jpg

Glory.jpg

I think Broderick is about as close to Shaw in looks as it would be possible to get...barring cloning, of course.

The thing that made Shaw's story so heart wrenching was his youth and his devotion to abolition. He came from a family of die hard abolitionists.

Republican, of course.

One of the best movies ever made, LOL, only if you're high school educated white trash. Please, continue movie critic. Opine on the civil war if you would because I could really use a good laugh.

One of the best movies ever made, LOL, only if you're high school educated white trash. Please, continue movie critic. Opine on the civil war if you would because I could really use a good laugh.

Wow, you're quite the class act, aren't you?

What would you like to know? Obviously you have need of some guidance...I'm glad to provide it.

Meanwhile, answer the following questions so I can determine if you're expedited for foodstamps:

1. Do you have or do you expect to get any money this month?
2. Do you have an eviction or shut off notice?
3. Are your shelter and expenses more than what you make?
4. Are you a seasonal worker?

If you answered yes to any of these, you may be eligible for expedited (immediate) food stamps. Please hurry to your nearest DHS office and get your EBT card.

See, unlike you, I don't despise the mentally ill and those who for whatever reason are unable to care for themselves. Which is why I'm being nice to you. You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back