I was wrong

More than 75% of those collecting minimum wage are ADULTS.

So the Hell what? Seems to me they should be educating themselves to move up the ladder, eh? WHY do some of you insist upon the Government forcing the rest of us to pay for their poor life choices?

Some of it isn't "poor life choices" some of it is luck, most of it is the background you came from.....

I have a friend who's been a maid for 30 years...she keeps getting pushed out of her jobs by immigrants and having to start over. She has a two year degree but no one will hire her for it because she has tourette's syndrome. I object to you thinking she doesn't deserve a living wage just because she has a neurological problem which makes people not want to be around her. She has a sister who worked for the same company for 30 years and just got laid off. At the age of 50, she is starting over and yes, she's even looking at minimum wage jobs....

Just because you've been lucky doesn't mean everyone has...and some of us have worked darn hard for what we have we don't deserve to lose it because the government made mistakes and allowed our jobs to go overseas and those that remained to be taken by immigrants and then decided to take OUR tax money and bail out the already wealthy banks, putting our children and grandchild in debt.

BTW, my brother in law has a doctorate and HE lost his job.....my nephew graduated from MIT and worked for Intel and now has gone back to school to become a lawyer because he knew his job was going to be gone.....

Because of few of you have been lucky, doesn't mean that everyone else is lazy.....or uneducated.

Because we can't be reminded too many times that the main reason people are unemployed/underemployed is because they suffer from rare neurological disorders.

Is it at all possible that you could look at the big picture instead of falling back on a handful of anecdotal sob stories? The vast majority of poor people in this country are poor for one reason and one reason only: bad life choices. Don't believe me? Go ask any employee of your local welfare office. They'll tell you the same. Or look at reams and reams of data which will tell you how many of them - for example - don't have high school diplomas or never attended any sort of education after high school or have substance abuse issues or . . . I could go on, but you get the idea. You can't really think that one PhD (PhD in what, one wonders) who got fired or one woman with Tourette's (which doesn't require you to work as a crappy-ass maid, by the way) is representative of hundreds of millions of people.

When I said the top 10% of our nation owns more wealth than the bottom 90% combined, it's actually the top 1%. That's ONE.

FDL News Desk » Goldman Sachs Vice-Chair: People Must “Tolerate the Inequality”

I can’t speak for Britain, but here in America we have been tolerating the inequality for quite a while. In America, the richest 1% hold more wealth than the bottom 90% combined and are making the largest share of national income since right before the stock market crash in 1928. Executives receive one-third of all compensation in the US. Over the last five years, executives received a 48% increase while wages for everyone else were flat. The gap between the rich and the poor tripled between 1979 and 2006. And this trend has continued even during the current recession.

And I say a big "SO WHAT"

I think it's passed time for the rest of us to stop putting up with our wealth being stolen from us

What possible wealth is being stolen from you?
Where did you get this imagined wealth ?
What the hell did you do to earn or deserve this imaginary wealth?

while the super wealthy get even richer at our expense and the expense of our children. No country can long survive with the majority of it's wealth in the hands of a few. When are we, as Americans going to realize that and actually do something about it?

How in the hell will limiting your neighbors wealth or what he earns put any money in your pocket....
If I take a cut in pay, will that cut magically appear in your bank account ?

Are you a moron ?

Given that for the almost fifrty years 92% of all accidents are caused not by anything to do with the vehicle but the person driving said vehicle, the notion that American cars are pieces of crap is largely an illussion foisted upon the public by the fact that if GM does a recal it's front page knews but if Toyota has a similar recall it gets buried in the business section.

Personally, I always buy Fords. Always have crappy luck with other manufacturers, for some reason, but every Ford I've owned has been worth its weight in gold to me.

Forum List

Back