I was wrong.

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by IM2, Aug 6, 2019.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    One of you lying republicans suggested that all the people in Owsley County that voted for Trump were the blacks on welfare. That's the welfare capital of the USA and it is 99% white. So I was just debunking the bullshit lies that some Republican here said.

This isn't the first time they've repeated that lie. Or the first time I debunked it.

So you are just changing the subject when you say "we don't all think that".

And yes you do. For example your arguments for why 96% of CEO's are white men suggest that white men are just more qualified/smarter/better than women and blacks.

You TOTALLY deny bias exists. So without saying it, you're saying blacks/women just aren't good enough. That's why in a country as diverse as ours, 96% of CEO's are white men.

And us liberals all that that's bullshit.

2. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    Actually I still agree with your original post, even if you think it's wrong, it sounded pretty fucking spot on to me my friend.

3. rjs330

rjs330 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +266
    So you are getting a real grasp on life! Life isn't fair. Not even for hard working white kids. You should quit blaming others and take control of what you do have. There are tons of opportunities out there for you. You may never be a CEO, but so what. You can still have great success. When you stop blaming others and take control of your own life then you will be well on your way. You also have to have control of your own attitude. You can be a successful positive person or a successful bitter one. Guess which one will have the better overall life?

And as far as most white managers being racist. That it is hog wash. Most white managers are not racist. Most white people are not racist. That's a cry of the weak. "I can't succeed because..."

A lot of things are run by white men, because few blacks are entering those fields. We have a university in my town. Guess what most of the blacks are doing in school? Playing sports and not taking advantage of some amazing schooling that could really get them a great career. We have one of the top engineering schools in the country. We have an outstanding Sciences program as well as a great business college. If they took advantage of that, then they could be going places. And what's even more interesting is that the coaching staff is VERY proactive when it comes to seeing the athletes do well in school. It's just that most of them don't take advantage of that.

4. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    Are you a white hiring manager? If you are, then yes, white hiring managers are not only racist they are ignorant of a thing called bias.

Most of those black athletes are getting communications majors and can't even speak after they get their 4 year degree. I know, I went to college and knew black athletes with communications degrees.

Anyways, you are so ignorant on this subject I can tell I would have to write for 3 chapters explaining how/when/why and where you are wrong. Ignorant and racist. Probably more ignorant than racist but still both.

How do I know? I've been proven to be a little bit of both at times too when it comes to this subject. And you reply just screams ignorant.

First, I'll be willing to be it's not MOST blacks who are doing what you say they are doing.

And then go around the country and see all the black kids going to college.

And it's not just blacks. It's women too. Not enough of them in the executive board room either. So what is your excuse for women? I know you have a bunch of excuses for why so few of them are in the executive board rooms too. I'm not saying your points have zero validity but they are denying the facts. No fucking way 96% of executives are white if it weren't for this bias good old boys network.

No chinese, no mexicans, no muslims, no women, no blacks, no indians. As diverse as America is, there's only one reason why 96% of all executives are white men. Why? Because white men are racists. White America is racist. But mostly white men.

And I love it because I'm a white man. But don't deny the obvious.

I think America will be better when it's run by a diverse group of people. You think it'll get worse. Why? Because you are a racist. See? Easy.

5. rjs330

rjs330 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +266
    So you don't have any evidence that shows we think all backs are shiftless. I didn't think so. One Republican was wrong and now all of them think blacks are shiftless.

My arguments why CEOs are mostly white suggest blacks and women aren't good enough? Hmm... Care to quote the argument where I suggested that? Oh wait you admit that I didn't say that, then accuse me of saying that. Your pure bias is noted.

Let me be clear. Racism exists. Bias exists. But the truth is it's the left that holds the bias these days against the blacks. It's the left that keeps telling us and telling the blacks they have to have help to succeed. They can't do it on their own. We've got to put in place all these things cause they can't do it on their own skills, talents and hard work. That's just nonsense.

Black people are human beings and are fully capable of succeeding in their own merits. They are smart, talented and have the abilities needed to succeed. They also have the same opportunities as everyone else. They can graduate highschool in the same numbers as everyone else. They can go to college and get into ANY field they want to. There is no "whites only" degree.
    I've got a black son in law and a black nephew, black grandchildren. They are all fully capable of succeeding in their own merits. They don't need leftists telling them they can't.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    I'll give you this. Rather than only telling white hiring managers they need to do more, we need to also tell blacks and women they need to do more in order to make it to the executive boardroom. My brother told this young female intern that for her to become him one day she needs to do 4 things

Will you:

Come in early and stay late
    Take on the hard projects no one else wants
    Be willing to move to China tomorrow
    and finally 4th, your answers can't change in 10 years. In other words, the young girl answered yes to all his questions but what about in 10 years. She's 22 now. Doesn't she want to start a family by the time she's 32? That's why most women don't make it to the executive boardroom.

I saw this on facebook and thought about you.

upload_2019-9-12_15-55-29.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    You think it's the black men in America's fault they are so under represented in the executive board rooms of America. You think they all go to school to play basketball. What a racist attitude. Geez! LOL

Imagine how insulting that is to all the black men in America who have MBA's and a lot of experience but none of them are ever chosen to be leaders. They claim it's racism. I tend to agree with them that bias must play a role. You deny it. So that's why blacks won't vote for you.

You try to spin it and suggest that we are telling blacks they aren't smart enough to achieve without things like affirmative action and diversity programs? That's just stupid. It's not the blacks intelligence that is the problem here. It's the bias or racist white male hiring managers who think blacks aren't as good. Or women will one day want to take 6 months off to start a family. Even if it might be true with the person you are interviewing, that bias is holding blacks/women back.

While Black History Month 2018 will long be remembered as the year that we all went to Wakanda, it will also be notable for a less happy reason. There are now only three black CEOs who head up Fortune 500 companies, down from six on the 2012 list. The last time black representation at the top was this low was in 2002.

In total, there have been just 16 black CEOs at the helm of Fortune 500 companies since 1999.

The racial diversity of Fortune 500 boards isn’t much better. Four out of five new appointees to boards in 2016 were white, according to last year’s Board Monitor report from Heidrick & Struggles.

the idea that the talent pipeline is long and complex, and the path to the C-Suite (or any place you dream to be) starts at birth. It has given us the courage to elevate the thorny issues of history, state violence, image-making in marketing and pop culture, and the systemic barriers people of color and other under-represented groups have always faced.

And yet, there is clearly a movement afoot, as big companies in the Fortune universe are increasingly finding ways to do well in business by doing good in the world. This includes tackling issues of race and justice in their workforces and in the markets they serve.

So, for now, let’s call these often disappointing diversity numbers a lagging indicator, a sign of the bottom that will only be visible from a more inclusive perspective yet to come.

And let’s keep having these uncomfortable conversations with empathy and grace, as we few, we happy few, we band of siblings, continue to do the work in the face of very troubling odds.

I know, I know. Inclusive-talk is weird sometimes. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

8. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    Even as politicians, pundits and the business community work to increase the number of women in the C-suite, Thompson’s departure is a reminder that the highest levels of corporate America are also severely lacking in racial diversity. Black CEOs will lead just .8 percent of America’s top companies once Thompson steps down. When Marvin Ellison takes the reins of J.C. Penney in August, that share will grow to 1 percent.

9. airplanemechanic

airplanemechanic Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,262
    Really? Most black men do that?

70% of black babies are born out of wedlock.

40% of black mothers are single moms.

African-American family structure - Wikipedia

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    Here is where I show you conservatives how to be fair and balanced. I've been saying all day that white hiring managers are bias and that bias is hurting blacks. But so is this. This may have more to do with why so few blacks in America are CEO's. If blacks are only 10% of our population and 72% of them are born out of wedlock, no shit very few of them are making it to the executive board room.

upload_2019-9-12_16-48-2.png

• Agree Agree x 1