I was wrong.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
You know what? I have been wrong.

The civil rights act was signed over 50 years ago. Certainly in 50 years we should have been able to catch up with whites. There are far too many black women left out there alone. Far too many of us black men spend our days playing dominos and drinking when we should be with our kids. As men we could save the black community by getting married. We could teach our kids how to act which would decrease violence in our community.

We have had ample chances over the past 54 years but instead of taking advantage of the many opportunities America provides, we have wasted our time and money in a doped up drunken stupor while letting our communities become crumbled down cesspools of crime and instead of taking responsibility, we blame whites.

So after all these discussions I have learned at lot and the fact is you guys were right. Now don't conflate this to mean I am going to join the republican party and suppport Trump.

The civil rights act was signed over 50 years ago. Certainly in 50 years we should have been able to catch up with whites. There are far too many black women left out there alone. Far too many of us black men spend our days playing dominos and drinking when we should be with our kids. As men we could save the black community by getting married. We could teach our kids how to act which would decrease violence in our community.

We have had ample chances over the past 54 years but instead of taking advantage of the many opportunities America provides, we have wasted our time and money in a doped up drunken stupor while letting our communities become crumbled down cesspools of crime and instead of taking responsibility, we blame whites.

So after all these discussions I have learned at lot and the fact is you guys were right. Now don't conflate this to mean I am going to join the republican party and suppport Trump.

And a lot of black men, most in fact, raise their children with love, education, and respect. Don't judge any people by the actions of their minority.

The message is that all men, regardless of color or creed, should honor their responsibilities as men and do right by the children they produce.

To not do so makes you less than a man.

Last edited:
taking advantage of the many opportunities America provides

run with it ^^^^and best of luck to ya

I honestly don’t know what to say

I just don’t know if you’re serious or have a purpose

With that said, I will give you the benefit of doubt
take it at face value and give you props....
I know that wasn’t easy for you to write

An epiphany?

And a lot of black men, most in fact, raise their children with love, education, and respect. Don't judge any people by the actions of their minority.

The message is that all men, regardless of color or creed, should honor their responsibilities as men and do right by the children they produce.

There will be a lesson learned here.

Last edited:

I've never thought you as being completely wrong. You've posted a lot of statistical facts that a lot of people want to ignore. But I believe 2 things can be true at the same time.Racism exists along side of opportunity and the failures in the black community do exist as well as successes, and though I think the trend is upwards theres a lot of reasons for why the failures still exist. Part of which might be self perception as well as the perception of a lot of white people have of black people, both of which can feed off each other. And if perception becoming reality does hold some key of success, I'm pretty sure things can improve and are improving with the younger generations of white and black kids.
What I do not care for is a politically motivated media that often pits peoples perceptions of each other against each other when its not necessary. Things are definately taking a long time to improve and in hindsight, there are a lot of what if moments where opportunity was lost. But society in those times was not quite as forward thinking as we are today I think. An example I think of is here in California during WW2 a lot of African Americans came out here from the south to work in the ship yards. They worked good paying jobs, had solid families at the time, started businesses, things looked good from what I understand until the war industry stopped and then people were left with nothing to do, well, there is a lot of blame to go around for why progress slowed down and then deteriorated looking at it from today.

ROFLMFAO

Yep, a purpose...I figured as much
but wanted to give you the benefit of doubt

After your last thread
this thread wasn’t logical,

Oh well, back to the reality
of the African thugs killing each other here in Chiraq

it is a sad truth ....and sadly it is not only just the AA community suffering from this problem [tragic and sad as that is ] it is a growing problem in all communities ..it is a problem that is hurting us all . young men need a father to teach them to be men.and when i say that i am not disparaging the millions of single women who do their best to raise their children .its just a known and ancient fact that children need a father and a mother in the home !

Last edited:

i agree but absent fathers are a growing problem in all communities of all races !

ROFLMFAO

After your last thread

I can't learn lessons?

ROFLMFAO

After your last thread

I can't learn lessons?
we all can !! i have been wrong in the past also ....we are All Americans ! we can all work together and stop blaming each other for our problems ....that would really upset the career dividers in government on both sides of the isle !

Last edited:

ROFLMFAO

After your last thread

I can't learn lessons?
ROFLMFAO

Sure you can...by teaching a lesson
to prove your lesson plan

It’s coming, I know it is, I’m waiting

ROFLMFAO

After your last thread

I can't learn lessons?
ROFLMFAO

maybe something has happened that caused his change of mind .

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

ROFLMFAO

After your last thread

I can't learn lessons?
ROFLMFAO

maybe something has happened that caused his change of mind .
Maybe I’ll win the lottery tomorrow

ROFLMFAO

After your last thread

I can't learn lessons?
we all can !! i have been wrong in the past also ....we are All Americans ! we can all; work together and stop blaming each other for our problems ....that would really upset the career dividers in government on both sides of the isle !

Im wrong a lot. and race relations is pretty complex and It's also extremely difficult at times to actually express and be understood as to what you believe or are thinking because everyone as a different definition of what is what. Also in the US, being a large country as it is, regional differences, age differences across decades of time are also a bit of a barrier

ROFLMFAO

After your last thread

I can't learn lessons?
ROFLMFAO

You can be as skeptical as you want. I earned it. . And understand this, I'm not going to concern myself with what you don't want to beleve.

Forum List

Back